Can it be done in PhotoshopCS or CorelDraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms_solver

In the zone
I have to make few hundred ID cards of students, the ID card has basically two type of data or image
i) One static (like name of school, school logo etc.)
ii) Another dynamic (like photo of each individual student, their data (name, class, section))

suppose I have all photos of students, their individual record in database file (say access) & one template file for ID.

What I want is the automatic creation of each ID card for each student. There is Visual Basic Application in both PhotoShopCS and CorelDraw. I think it should be possible, but I have not done it yes?

Have anyone know the solution or could point me to the link where I can find the solution.

Thanks in advance!

i m guessing a way better than using PS:CS or corel. so what you do is create an image in PS which has all details like school name, address etc except the private details of the student(those are left blank). then put that image in a pic box in vb.

now what u do is put some labels(transparent of course) in the places of name, class, section all those stuff and use a database control to extract them from the database when u click a button.

now, use a pic box control with borders disabled and put it where the photo of the student is. now align the form so that it begins at the top left of the screen, and the form has no title bar, no borders etc, and align the id card also in the top left.

now u must know the dimensions of the id card. what u do is theres an api to capture the screenshot(i forgot what api is that) and open pbrush using activex, and paste the image there.

save the image as some number.bmp(let it start from 1 onwards) and open the image in vb(using file handling) and trim the image to the dimensions of the card, so that the other stuff gets wiped off. now save that again, and if u want, write a print function too..

i believe its complicated, but im sure this will work.

saROMan

QA Juggler
expertno.1 said:
dheeraj_kumar
Analogue Novice

but how ?

without cs ?

in cs how ?

tell !

bud ur already on *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/ranks/warning.gif ....why do u wanna make it 2 ????

Tech&ME

Banned
well what dheeraj_kumar is trying to say is correct, you don't need PS or Corel for this its very easy to do with Visual Basic, if at all you know how to work with VB and Access.

You can however use PS for editing the scanned images.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Can you please post a sample of it?
Where are the pics located??

I think it's possible in PS with Batch Conversion....

Tech&ME

Banned
NikhilVerma said:
Can you please post a sample of it?
Where are the pics located??

I think it's possible in PS with Batch Conversion....

What BATCH CONVERSION are you talking about ?? He needs to generate ID Cards and not convert anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom