can i use single monitor with multiple system

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
I am having two rig now one is new amd hexa core and old one intel dual core. with LG 19" Lcd with DVI and D-sub Connector .My question is can i use multiple system connected with the same LCD.
One SyStem will boot at one time.Will it cause any damage to my another motherboard as they both cable(DVI & D-SUb{VGA} are connected?

Please let me know as i don't want to experiment myself nd damage one of my mobo.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
@piyush120290, if only one system boots at a time, what is the problem? I was thinking of doing that someday myself. The monitor will automatically detect if the input is in VGA or DVI, since there would be no output from the switched off system, it should work

OP
Hsakarp_kahtap

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
@piyush120290, if only one system boots at a time, what is the problem? I was thinking of doing that someday myself. The monitor will automatically detect if the input is in VGA or DVI, since there would be no output from the switched off system, it should work

thanks buddy for ur replies let me check , i will post the experiment result in the evening.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
wohooo... man, I was just asking a question to piyush, I didn't advise you to try it. please try it at your own risk. I had been thinking of this since I had got a monitor with dual input, so got interested in the thread, I don't know if it is safe or not and haven't tried it myself.

I think my sentenced failed to express the tone which was that of a question, I'm really not sure if it will work or not, although, I can't think of any possible problem

mavihs

Techie By Heart
no probs, you cna easily boot both systems together will they are connected to the monitor!!!! for switching between them you'll only have to toggle the inputs through the LCD menu!!

PS: i've tried it & use it in daily use!!!

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

no u cant do that
just think of it on ur own and u'll catch the problem with it
& how can you say that??? :neutral:

Piyush

Lanaya
no probs, you cna easily boot both systems together will they are connected to the monitor!!!! for switching between them you'll only have to toggle the inputs through the LCD menu!!

have u tried it or any anyone else had done that before?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

me and my friend tried it 3 years ago and failed
(may be bcoz one was crt monitor and other was lcd)

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

wohooo... man, I was just asking a question to piyush, I didn't advise you to try it. please try it at your own risk. I had been thinking of this since I had got a monitor with dual input, so got interested in the thread, I don't know if it is safe or not and haven't tried it myself.

I think my sentenced failed to express the tone which was that of a question, I'm really not sure if it will work or not, although, I can't think of any possible problem
see caught ya:razz:
dats what i was saying

mavihs

Techie By Heart
have u tried it or any anyone else had done that before?
read my post again.....wat have i written! :neutral:

????you tried to run 2 systems on one CRT monitor???? i don't think thats possible. the monitor has to support it, currently all monitor with multiple inputs support it!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Piyush baba, what you posting? Prakash asked if he can use 2 cpu. 1 monitor. you saying. 2 monitor, 1 system. thats not possible. a mobo can't output in DVI as well as VGA same time. if you tried that it'll surely fail.

Piyush

Lanaya
oh damn!!!
i mis written it
damn!!!
my mind is under heavy load right now guys..
kal raat ko 3:30 baje soa(WC match)
7baje uth ke apne course ke liye gaya
2 baje vapas aake nehru place gaya
aur 9 baje ghar vapas aake forums pe hoon...

u can understand my feelings....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
oh damn!!!
i mis written it
damn!!!

quite busy ha :lol:

baba needs some refreshment...first go and refresh yourself....forum will not run away dude...

absolutely. baba should get some refreshment else he may suffer from ***** breakdown :mrgreen:

OP
Hsakarp_kahtap

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++

Lets we both experiment with our Sys together wat u say ?

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Thanks Mavihs for the conformation now i can use both of my system .:mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

oh damn!!!
i mis written it
damn!!!

Piyush take some rest .Due to heavy rain in Dellhi& NCR hamare yahan 3 hours tak power cutback raha, that why i couldn't test wat mahivs said. let me check this one 2marrow thanks everyone .
@ piyush baba aap week me 2-3 rounds nehru palace jaate rahate ho kahi aap khud bhi computer shop Open karne ki to nahi soch rrahe ho na :mrgreen: agar kuch aaisa hai to bata dena , we all will purchase components from ur shop (thoda to rebate milega na ):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Piyush

Lanaya
Piyush take some rest .Due to heavy rain in Dellhi& NCR hamare yahan 3 hours tak power cutback raha, that why i couldn't test wat mahivs said. let me check this one 2marrow thanks everyone .
@ piyush baba aap week me 2-3 rounds nehru palace jaate rahate ho kahi aap khud bhi computer shop Open karne ki to nahi soch rrahe ho na :mrgreen: agar kuch aaisa hai to bata dena , we all will purchase components from ur shop (thoda to rebate milega na ):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
lol....
mene abhi do dosto ke pc banaye the isliye kai baar gaya tha
abhi fir jaana padega(dost ko LCD chahiye vo bhi sirf DELL ka)

and i wont be opening a shop
bcoz me to lut jaunga(friends rebate dete dete):razz:

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

if any1 is going NP soon, tell me coz i might also meet up! :p
when r u going?
and for what?
and to which shop?
and what timings?
and which clothes u'll be wearing?

anything i forgot?.....
ya.....whats ur real name?....:razz:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
lol....
mene abhi do dosto ke pc banaye the isliye kai baar gaya tha
abhi fir jaana padega(dost ko LCD chahiye vo bhi sirf DELL ka)

and i wont be opening a shop
bcoz me to lut jaunga(friends rebate dete dete):razz:

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

when r u going?
and for what?
and to which shop?
and what timings?
and which clothes u'll be wearing?

anything i forgot?.....
ya.....whats ur real name?....:razz:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mavihs...so his name would be shivam i think
Niceeee!
ya ..i know iknow
mein to aisehi pooch raha tha :razz:

(i am taking a course in Ethical hacking and networking management)
:razz:
we better meet soon then!

Top Bottom