can i join two torrents which have same content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i am dwnloding a torrent which i has reached 99.6% but now there are no seeders and i am stuck.
the same torrent is avalible on other sites and they have many seeders.
1. so is thee a way i can join the torrent of the other site with my 99.6%
status??

2. can i merge the new torrent with my existing one.the name of the torrent on both sites is exactly the same,and the number of files and size is also same.

and also n general if a torrent is avalible on 4 sites and for example there are
10,15,20,30 seeders for that torrent on the 4 sites respectively.now if i dwnlod a torrent from the 1st site i get 10 seeders only.and if i dwnlod from the 4th i get 30 seeders.is there a way i can merge the torrent from all 4 sites so that i get 75 seeders(10+15+20+30) at once;););).

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
^^That won't work if the piece size is different in the 2 torrent files.

Just remove the first torrent from the queue, and start up the new torrent file. Choose to save it in the exact location of the first torrent and it will pick up from where it left off. You will lose a bit of data in the process (incomplete pieces) but not too much.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
You are right but that worked in my case.I revived atleast 2-3 downloads by that method.Though some trackers were rejected.

Last edited:
OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
vimal_mehrotra said:
You can copy the trackers from that site and paste them in the trackers list of the bittorrent software.
thnks man!!!! simple and effective. i completed the dwnlod.
one more thing- in some trackers it says "Can't Connect Tracker".....
whats this or why is this happening??

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
:D Another trouble shooted *www.indeath.net/style_emoticons/default/roarke.gif
That may be because of drvarunmehtas' reason.

Last edited:
OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
one more thing-
if the torrent i have also has a txt file,but the torrents of other site do not have that txt file though the main file is same size???what then??

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
so keep searching for your file or just work with those which are available.

BTW.It will work with that cd-key also;-)(purely speculated situation:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom