can i import a phone from usa? how much will it cost and what to buy?

hi i am a cdma user in india of tata indicom,as india dont have many cdma phones so thought of importing one
no my questions are
1. cdma frequency in india is 800,sprint and virgin provide same frequency and is it cdma?
2 my relative live there so thinking of first buying from amazon.com to there address and they they will ship to me
will it increase custom duties?and penalties? if yes then marking package as gift is good?
3 i also need to unlock it... can it be done in india?
4 do they both phone (link below) have sim slot?
i dont wanna end up with a bricked phone in india so pls help as fast as possible
2 phones(both cdma)i want to buy are
1 Amazon.com: HTC Desire 510 (A11) Blue - No Contract Phone (Sprint Prepaid): Cell Phones & Accessories
2 *www.amazon.com/HTC-Desire-816-Prep...ss&ie=UTF8&qid=1417248218&sr=1-1&keywords=816
pls reply as fast as possible

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You can buy unlocked phones from USA directly from *geb.ebay.in and they will deliver it your home. Prices are inclusive of customs and other taxes. Just be sure to check the seller ratings and recent reviews.

OP
V

vibhubhardwaj85970

Broken In
You can buy unlocked phones from USA directly from *geb.ebay.in and they will deliver it your home. Prices are inclusive of customs and other taxes. Just be sure to check the seller ratings and recent reviews.
i want to buy these 2 phones from amazon as fast as possible and they dont ship them to india so pls help ASAP

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I used comgateway to ship products which are not delivered directly to my India address. They provide a virtual US address which you can use to do shopping.

$hadow

Geek in making
I used comgateway to ship products which are not delivered directly to my India address. They provide a virtual US address which you can use to do shopping.

Do you pay via PayPal or CC? I was thinking of using it but was unsure regarding it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Do you pay via PayPal or CC? I was thinking of using it but was unsure regarding it.

I use CC. Never used PayPal.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=291770]vibhubhardwaj85970[/MENTION]: You can refer this thread for my experience of buying through comgateway. *www.digit.in/forum/shopping/176084-need-advice-buying-through-comgateway-first-time.html

Customs are not included in the price that you need to pay to comgateway. It is to be paid to the delivery man who delivers your product. Usually its DHL or FedX.

OP
V

vibhubhardwaj85970

Broken In

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=291770]vibhubhardwaj85970[/MENTION]: You can refer this thread for my experience of buying through comgateway. *www.digit.in/forum/shopping/176084-need-advice-buying-through-comgateway-first-time.html

Customs are not included in the price that you need to pay to comgateway. It is to be paid to the delivery man who delivers your product. Usually its DHL or FedX.

how much did u paid and for wat? how much i have to pay for to phones having value of 250$(sum of both) pls tell

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
how much did u paid and for wat? how much i have to pay for to phones having value of 250$(sum of both) pls tell

If you had read my thread, you would have encountered this image which showed how much I paid to comgateway:

*i.minus.com/jkLoWKl1BOVDD.jpg

And customs cost me Rs 2752.

Hence to buy a $200 processor it cost me 1894 + 2752 = 4646 INR.

I don't know how much customs it would cost you to buy a $250 phone tho. Since custom rates is really not predictable. Some guys gets zero customs if they make the product marked as "Gift" from the seller. Don't know how that works. You can try to google more on them.

$hadow

Geek in making

- - - Updated - - -

Which bank CC?

OP
V

vibhubhardwaj85970

Broken In
i want to buy htc desire 816 link is this HTC Desire 816 Android 4 4 4G LTE Smartphone for Virgin Mobile New | eBay
can anyone tell me if after unlocking it will work with tata indicom?as simple as that if it work then this diwali will be a bang bang for me other wise :(

Vensanga

Journeyman
Am also considering to buy Iphone 5s as well, a friend of mine quote the price of $378.88-$389.88 for 16gb (Factory unlock). Will update if I make my deciding on purchasing it.

Top Bottom