can I go for LG32LM6410

prabhakaran.ramanathan

Right off the assembly line
Re: 42LM 6690 or 42LM 6700 or 42LM7600

Alright! Let's get started on your questions:
1. Both the LM6700 and LM6690 are LED Plus. It is listed on the website: LG 42LM6690 Technical Specifications | LG Electronics IN. LED Plus is simply a term LG uses to describe the local dimming feature of its TVs.
2. There seems to be questions listed for number 2!
3. Do you ghosting while playing games in 3D? Or do you mean motion blur from fast moving images? As for the first one, there is no ghosting, or crosstalk, on any LG 3D TV due to the use of passive 3D. As for the motion blur from fast moving images, there have been initial reports of this when the TV first launched. However, after a few firmware updates, this problems seems to have been eliminated. I would highly suggest that you go to a showroom and ask them to put on an action movie to test it out. There is no reason why there would be motion blur during a game, but not during a movie as this is an issue with response times -- which as nothing to do with post-processing.
4. I have the official LG Promotional PDF in front of me, and it clearly states that the 42LM6700 is eligible for a bundled deal. However, keep in mind that individual retailers may or may not choose to offer some of the deals LG has outlined.
5. In the LG Promotional PDF, the bundled prices for both the LM6690 and LM6700 are listed at the same at 93,990 Rs..

View attachment 8089

Feel free to ask more questions!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Thanks for your response.

I've bought LG 42LM6700 for 87K. The BH7220 HT will be delivered later it seems. The TV is mounted on the wall and I've started to like it already....Just have a question...I wanted to update the firmware. I read somewhere in LG site that it's advised to do so in wi-fi and asked me to plug in ethernet. However, I do not have such a long ethernet cable. I tried to do it through wi-fi. It took hell a lot of time though I've a 2 Mbps connection. HD Videos are getting streamed quickly. Can you please advise. Thanks Again.

OP
K

kevuken

Thanks for your response.

I've bought LG 42LM6700 for 87K. The BH7220 HT will be delivered later it seems. The TV is mounted on the wall and I've started to like it already....Just have a question...I wanted to update the firmware. I read somewhere in LG site that it's advised to do so in wi-fi and asked me to plug in ethernet. However, I do not have such a long ethernet cable. I tried to do it through wi-fi. It took hell a lot of time though I've a 2 Mbps connection. HD Videos are getting streamed quickly. Can you please advise. Thanks Again.

Dont worry. While i tried to update, it took exactly 5hrs. Its not a problem with the internet. Its just the way it happened to me. And before that i tried 2 times with no luck.

prabhakaran.ramanathan

Dont worry. While i tried to update, it took exactly 5hrs. Its not a problem with the internet. Its just the way it happened to me. And before that i tried 2 times with no luck.

Hi kevuken,

Found another way. Go to LG India website and choose support. Enter the model number and look for updates.(Counter check with the applicable models in the drop down). The firmware update would be a zip file. Download and unzip it. Put it on a pen drive and insert it into the TV. It automatically picks it up and asks for confirmation. Once said "Yes" the whole thing was done in less than 10 mins and the TV restarts automatically. Hope this helps. Thanks.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert

Hi kevuken,

Found another way. Go to LG India website and choose support. Enter the model number and look for updates.(Counter check with the applicable models in the drop down). The firmware update would be a zip file. Download and unzip it. Put it on a pen drive and insert it into the TV. It automatically picks it up and asks for confirmation. Once said "Yes" the whole thing was done in less than 10 mins and the TV restarts automatically. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Well, you pretty much answered the question for me! Yes, I would say that the far better option of updating your TV would be to first download the latest firmware via your computer then unzip it and put all the files into a pen drive. This is a better method of updating your TV for 2 reasons:

1. If your internet connection gets interrupted any time during the download, you will at least have the option of starting again from where you left off (if you have a download manager, of course).
2. Updating firmware has potential risks involved in it, and if it fails in the middle of updating, there is a small chance that you will "brick" your TV, and you will be unable to view anything on it. At least if you use a pen drive to update the firmware, the update time for the TV itself gets reduced drastically, so the chances of bricking your TV become that much lower.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me! Also, if you have the time, update us on your experience with the TV!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
I bought 32LM6200 recently.. What is the difference between this two?

I viewed 3d on this but I found that you have to sit on same or below level compared to the tv else you get double image in this.. is it for all 3d tv or only mine?

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
I bought 32LM6200 recently.. What is the difference between this two?

I viewed 3d on this but I found that you have to sit on same or below level compared to the tv else you get double image in this.. is it for all 3d tv or only mine?

All passive 3D TVs have reduced off-vertical axis viewing. If you are sitting too far above or below the TV, you will see ghosting. Sorry to say, the only way to fix this is to either bring the TV down or sit up higher. Generally speaking, however, you can sit a bit above or below the TV and not see any ghosting, just make sure the angle isn't too extreme.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
K

kevuken

Small update friends.
I'm providing a small review of my already 3months old TV.
LG32LM6410 is an excellant TV. The only one thing I felt missing in it was upscaling the analouge cable. Now I'm impressed to know that it is actually on par with Sony Bravia TV. previously I'm biased towards Sony TV for its excellant upscalability. But now I practically experienced that Sony TV's Bravia engine is also pretty weak in upscaling the analouge cable.
Review :
3D effect is excellent. From any angle 3D effect can be observed. 3D glasses are excellent. Light weight and very comfortable. But still out of my practical experience 3D is not very comfortable. Unless the movie is very interesting, or the effects are excellent, I could barely watch for 5min in 3D. I enjoyed Titanic in 3D which was a very long movie.
2Dis also excellant. In cinema mode, the video looks quite pleasing to eyes. It was a very enjoying experience to watch Darknight Rises. Some detail was missing, so I increased brightness and and enjoyed the movie very much. I revisited many movies which was always enjoyable experience. The TV speakers are loud enough.
Now the question is Why I brought this particular TV : The answer is quite simple.It has what I want. i.e
It is passive 3D. It can play maximum formats, so no need for a computer(HTPC) to attach. It has 3 USB ports.
And the main reason is I got a very good deal for this model in Infibeam.com.
There is a catch though. I had a horrible experience with Infibeam.com with my purchase. I'll write about it later.
My final words, if you can get a good deal for this model, go for it with no further doubts. It is a very pleasing experience to be had by one and all. It can play almost all the downloaded videos from internet which is again a great advantage over Sony. This TV shows videos more naturally than Samsung.. I never liked the way Samsung handles the videos. Samsung TV's try to mask all the defects in the video by masking it and producing some artificial looking videos.
This is just a heads up and not a indepth review.

Last edited:

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Small update friends.
LG32LM6410 is an excellant TV. The only one thing I felt missing in it was upscaling the analouge cable. Now I'm impressed to know that it is actually on par with Sony Bravia TV. previously I'm biased towards Sony TV for its excellant upscalability. But now I practically experienced that Sony TV's Bravia engine is also pretty weak in upscaling the analouge cable.
Review :
3D effect is excellent. From any angle 3D effect can be observed. 3D glasses are excellent. Light weight and very comfortable. But still out of my practical experience 3D is not very comfortable. Unless the movie is very interesting, or the effects are excellent, I could barely watch for 5min in 3D. I enjoyed Titanic in 3D which was a very long movie.
2Dis also excellant. In cinema mode, the video looks quite pleasing to eyes. It was a very enjoying experience to watch Darknight Rises. Some detail was missing, so I increased brightness and and enjoyed the movie very much. I revisited many movies which was always enjoyable experience. The TV speakers are loud enough.
Now the question is Why I brought this particular TV : The answer is quite simple.It has what I want. i.e
It is passive 3D. It can play maximum formats, so no need for a computer(HTPC) to attach. It has 3 USB ports.
There is a catch though. I had a horrible experience with Infibeam.com with my purchase. I'll write about it later.
My final words, if you can get a good deal for this model, go for it with no further doubts. It is a very pleasing experience to be had by one and all. It can play almost all the downloaded videos from internet which is again a great advantage over Sony. This TV shows videos more naturally than Samsung.. I never liked the way Samsung handles the videos. Samsung TV's try to mask all the defects in the video by masking it and producing some artificial looking videos.

Congratulations on your purchase! And thanks for the review! I'm glad that you are thoroughly enjoying your new LM6410.

If you have any questions about the TV, feel free to ask!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

shindedeepakm

Congratulations on your purchase! And thanks for the review! I'm glad that you are thoroughly enjoying your new LM6410.

If you have any questions about the TV, feel free to ask!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Hello Sir Mr.WRman Sherlock,

PLease quick response Much appreciated

I wanted to Buy Tomorrow LG LM 6410 Model.. I am really Impressed with Model

I need Help about Choosing right Screen SIze LG LM6410 3d TV . My points are given Below

1. My viewing Distance is appr. 6.5 ft

2. I wanted to watch SD channels Not HD . might be screen size matters.

3. I wanted watch 3d Movies to LG 3d TV . so watch size you would prefer for. as my Viewing distance is appr. 6.5 ft

i wanted to buy 32 inch LM6410 but confused between screen Size. Please Help me..i need to resolve this question today.

Thanks

OP
K

kevuken

Hi deepak.
The model you choose is definitely better one. But just think twice about 3d. Coz there is a premium to pay. To really enjoy 3d you need to have enough distance from 3d tv. For that you need a bigger screen size. Remember, your experience at home will be different from any malls.
Coming to your distance 32" will be enough. And again thats an excellent choice. Only thing is, be sure that you definitly need 3d. Other wise you can get a bigger screen size. Why i'm saying this is because 3d is not good for kids.
Any way, you will definitly enjoy 3d if 3d is not a problem for you.
Coming to one big draw back of this model is lack of audio out. If thats ok, go for it.
Finally, i'm very much impressed and satisfied with the same model, 32".

warlord131

Small update friends.
Review :

Hi
I'm planning to buy an LG TV from Infibeam. 6700 series.
You said you had a bad experience and there is a catch. Can you please describe?

OP
K

kevuken

warlord131. Sorry for the delay in reply.
My experience may not be repeated in your case. So use your discretion.
When I placed the order, it was during diwali and there are freebies provided with the TV.
The trouble I placed is a very long period of delay, i.e, one month for delivery of TV. I called their customer care nearly 50 times regarding the delivery status and every time I received a similar reply, i.e will be shipped in 2days or will be shipped today. Weeks passed and my mobile balance depleted and most of all my family's anticipation and expectations of a new TV was crushed every time. Finally I didnt received the free 3D movies. Again I had to do many calls to them. I even received a very cold response from one person, who himself represented as team leader of Call Center. But I guess he is Asst Operations Manager. His name is Jigar. He refused to talk to me even after I called him many times. Before that I sent a legal notice in this regard to the Infibeam. Mr.Jigar even told me to approach for legal remedy, but refused to talk. Luckily, at last Mr.Ravi Motiramani,Asst Operations Manager, called me and asked me to hold myself from taking any legal steps by promising to fulfill their part along with compensation. I could have gone to a consumer court or even a criminal court, as I had already retained services of a senior counse. Remember, when you feel that you got hurt, you will not care about the money but retribution. But I had given them a fair chance. Even after that they took a long while. In mean time Mr.Ravi also tried his best to mock me in a cardial manner, by trying to find fault with me. I had to say to him that, if he dont know about the product details of my order, kindly learn for yourself and dont trouble me (he said that lg 3D tv only comes with 2 3D glasses instead of 4. I tried my best to educate him in this regard. He even suggest to compensate me by Rs.50 for two 3D glasses). After so much troube to me and my family, in addition to the expenses(including legal) I incurred, I finally received all the missing articles after more than 3 months. I still reserve the right to sue them for sufficient compensation.
I tried to put it in nutshell with sufficient detail for you.
I have legal back ground. Even then, It was such a pain for me. From then, as a policy I havent purchased anything from that website, nor I have suggested to any friend of mine. But even before all this I had made a few purchases from them with out any problem.
Infact, when all my friends suggested against the so called website for purchasing TV, I took a bold step, and gone through the above mentioned troube.
So warlord131, you can decide for yourself. But still, some times some deals are too good to miss. My purchase was such.

Top Bottom