Can Google Voice Search (Google Now) compete with iOS Siri?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I came across a video today... demonstrating the new Google Voice Search in Jellybean... I am totally blown away...

Please see -- How to impress your friends: 40+ voice searches on Jelly Bean - YouTube

This is so amazing... I am speechless...

I want this thing... I have to get it...

clmlbx

Technomancer
wow! According to that video Aisha trumps Siri.. Never Expected .

siri's weakness is not to understand Indian accent and restricted to United states

[youtube]XLyuWEWqYqQ[/youtube]

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Siri is still way superior, than VS.
Besides, none of them are quite that cool, it's Jarvis that's what needed.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I tried Vlingo the other day. Not Cool. Messes up with Indian accent. I asked it to search "Thinkdigit Forum". It returned a search for "Pink DJ Floria". Tried again. Same Result.

amjath

Human Spambot
Here is a review on Jellybean ,
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean review | The Verge

and this
*www.businessinsider.com/google-now-better-than-siri-2012-7

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Actually Google now is way different than Siri.

U need to ask Siri for jokes or weather, then she ll respond u, but Google now is not like that either u ask Google or Google knows what u need :D. Check out the example how Google now works especially 3rd point

A few examples:
I was in San Francisco last week to cover Google I/O and meet with some other companies in the area. I had a meeting in Mountain View on Friday morning. Google Now sent me a notification about 45 minutes before my meeting that said I should leave if I wanted to make it on time. It even took traffic into account. Incredible.

The other night I was getting dinner with a few old journalism friends from college. We were talking about Jim Romenesko, and one of my friends wondered how old he was. I asked Google Now, "How old is Jim Romenesko?" The answer came up in less than a second.

I'm a Mets fan (unfortunately), so a lot of my sports-related Google searches are for the score of the latest game. Google knows this, so Google Now automatically sends me notifications with the latest score. I don't even have to ask anymore.

I took the red eye back to New York Friday night, and spent the hours before my flight drinking with some PR friends in San Francisco's Mission neighborhood. Based on my search history, Google Now already knew my flight number and kept me updated with gate information and potential delays.

Source is in my above post reply

noob

Cyborg Agent
Siri can never beat Google Voice(GV).
1. GV is in Android since its inception..just not much hyped and now further improved in JB.
2. GV also uses knowledge graph behind the scenes and it puts Siri to the shame. GV is far more accurate.

What is more important that how well Siri /GV understands Indian / other accents.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Siri is still way superior, than VS.
Besides, none of them are quite that cool, it's Jarvis that's what needed.

who says so... Just look at IOS 6 siri and droid 4.1 voice assistant comparison. Siri looses
How can i look? I don't have the new VS, or the Siri, and i don't believe in a 2-3 minutes video. Siri is also in beta stage.
And i don't like to argue on things anymore, just said what i thought and believe in, and i also dislike biassed people.
EOD.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Siri depends on wolframalpha & Google Search. While GV uses entire massive Google Search + knowledge graph database & this is why GV is far more accurate. As of now Siri is still behind GV. . Couple this with Google Now & it takes end user exp to another level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom