Camera talk...

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, that's really a huge price tag for mirrorless camera.

I don't know much (actually nothing) about brands not available in India esp. interchangeable cameras. But recently I just looked at some of the compacts from Leica, Casio, Ricoh, Sigma, Pentax and Kodak. Seems we didn't miss something huge. Other than Leica, some Kodak bridge cameras are using OIS, rest all all sensor shift or digital. And one model from Leica V-Lux 3, a clone version of FZ150 and priced around $950. It's really huuuuuge for a bridge. Some jaw dropping feature from those brands are continuous drive (40fps) from Casio, high speed recording (1000fps) again from Casio, and some cameras have time lapse recording ...

So, already there was a full frame mirrorless camera... :duh2:
I was reading this up, its like a mac, pay 5 time more for exactly the same features.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Lecia company have similar value in camera world as mac in laptops...they make same old type retro models with all modern features...and give leather finish with leather pouch...and charge 5 times :)

*encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXn6Xxc0xzNtDMtbiqVhYuDyeWPwCU70VXYvl-YcQFwXGh4qrw3g

prashant hasselblad is for Pro ka baap :D

*encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMozKj7u5pD83NakQRSdmfreusVNj7aez7QpnFv91K8gLVL7MZ

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, read this on V-Lux 3 comment:
Leica offers very good prizes for "Leica's Only Cameras" competitions. I'd like to see a brave Panasonic FZ-150 owner submit his pictures in, and hopefully win. Of course he/she would have to change the EXIF data to VR-LUX 3, but is his/hers winning photo any "less" in merit because it does not have the red dot of satisfaction.

These Panaleica's always make me smile. But I particularly have to stop myself laughing out loud when I meet someone who's bought one...

By Renato Goulart Jasinevicius (8 months ago)

Don't smile, laugh!!! You are right that is the spirit!!!

By Francis Carver (8 months ago)

Panasonic and Leica met up at a wild party, went to bed together, and made out like bandits. But when morning came, they had sort of mixed up their identities.

Panaleica -- even her mother couldn't love this love child

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Modern features? That camera M9 doesn't have an Auto mode... or even Auto focus.

But the picture quality is unbelievable... Also that summarox 50mm is a very very very very good lens. Together they are a perfect combo for any pro with lots of $$. DSLR like quality in a very compact package

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh forget leica cameras ...sometimes back they launched worlds 1st total B&W DSLR Camera...and i am sure it would have sold with pros

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@nac did u studied about interchangable lens camera limited to full frame only or u checked medium format from hasselblad , mamiya,pentax :grin:
You mean, there are medium/large format mirrorless cameras??? :shock:

Hasselblad has a 200MP camera that costs $45000. :shock:
Camera for 45 grand :blank: What they do? Rob a bank or what?
200MP... is that all??? :?:

wow...200mp :shock:...even the photoshop will crash if I open such a huge image in it :lol:
^ The size of a RAW image from that camera according to reviews is 1GB
My PC is even struggling for 15 minutes to stack 5 jpegs. :oops:

ooh forget leica cameras ...sometimes back they launched worlds 1st total B&W DSLR Camera...and i am sure it would have sold with pros

Why they wanted a B&W one??? Were there any usable b&w sensors made in 1950s by Leica's R&D

sujoyp

Grand Master
no nac ...i didnt ment medium format mirrorless ...just that u were reserching on soo many type of sensors, i thought u may have missed medium format :D

Leica launch of b&w is a may 2012 news ;) that too a full frame one

Leica announces M-Monochrom black-and-white 18MP rangefinder : Digital Photography Review

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^
I have come across the name Hasselblad and I mostly look for cameras from dpreview database where they don't have this brand's camera in their database. I read about Hasselblad in wiki article. Seems they only manufacture medium format cameras.

I thought Pentax 645D is the only medium format DSLR until I heard about this Hasselblad. Do you guys have any idea why Hasselblad still using CCD sensors?

Leica's M Monochrom - I really don't know who would buy this camera for 7500 dollars.

sujoyp

Grand Master
they say CCD produces better skin tones then CMOS and CCD sensor gives faster FPS then CMOS
Many people still use D200 just for portrait photography coz it gives a soft and perfect tone of human skin...they just dont like CMOS (Even I am planning)

As i said dont bother abt leica...it have a different standards..its roll cameras still sells for more than D7000 :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah it seems CMOS is faster

Performance CCD CMOS
Responsivity Moderate Slightly better
Dynamic Range High Moderate
Uniformity High Low to Moderate
Speed Moderate to High Higher

what I read is CCD is better in most ways...but its huge power consuming

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Canon announces PowerShot SX500 IS and SX160 IS 16MP superzooms : Digital Photography Review

Specs here

Same small sensor, more Megapixels :(
f/3.4 lens and Digic 4. Disappointing indeed. They just did what I said in my first post more MP, more zoom

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
prashant u have to understand that bigger sensor need better lens too...and if added with bigger aperture it will cost huge...what will happen to general consumers if all cam cost 20k + ....for bigger sensor canon already have S100

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Yeah, it's not attractive with smaller aperture. The new entrant SX500 doesn't seems it can compete with FZ47/FZ60.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac y are u comparing fz47 with sx500 ...sx500 is just a midrange P&S ...canon's top end zoom is sx40 and maybe upgraded to sx50 soon.
And even FZ47 have same 1/2.3" sensor and lens of 2.8-5.2 ...nothing special

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I would compare SX40 with FZ150 and SX50 with FZ200 ;)

Yeah, the same tiny little sensor but with wider aperture, better continuous shooting... expected price is same as FZ47. Yes, they have designate it as compact, but I think we can consider it as bridge. (else they have to come up with new term like BULKY COMPACT :D)

They have announced more than half a dozen cameras in the last couple of days...

FZ200 is out... Amazon, ebay selling for $600. Much less than the expected price.

Top Bottom