Votes: 2 100.0%
  • JVC GZ MG555

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
HI guys,i am in US right now and planning on buying a camcorder and have come down to two models:
SONY DCR SR200
JVC GZ MG555

Help me with them guys and its pretty urgent.And they both costing me the same price of about $600

digiFriend

In the zone
"Sony DCR-DVD408 DVD Handycam " best buy in "PC World July 2007"
price $630.
if you read this magazine, it would be helpful.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
digiFriend said:
"Sony DCR-DVD408 DVD Handycam " best buy in "PC World July 2007"
price $630.
if you read this magazine, it would be helpful.
But thats DVD based i need hard drive based.

Tell me one thing,will 5mp(JVC model) make lot of difference compared to 2mp(Sony model) for a camcorder?and also the JVC model has an light for video which Sony doesnt...more advices please

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
harish_21_10 said:
But thats DVD based i need hard drive based.

Tell me one thing,will 5mp(JVC model) make lot of difference compared to 2mp(Sony model) for a camcorder?and also the JVC model has an light for video which Sony doesnt...more advices please

Most likely, in case of a camcorder more MP will give relatively better stills and that is all, but for stills even a cheap digicam will give better results. Optional light can be attached to the Sony.

digiFriend

In the zone
"PC World July 2007" have given advantage for better movie quality on DVD base camcorder than hard drive base. both has their own advantage / disadvantage. if you read the magazine, it might be helpful as it have compared all recent camcorder harddisk/dvd/sdram base, there pros/cons.

(note:i am having JVC GZ-MG37U harddisk base, and the inbuilt led light of it is not powerful, so only useful for close up shotting. so don't give led light much importance.
my another sony camcorder base on MINI 8mm tape give great result, as it can externally attach light focus on it top. generally without light focus, indoor videos looks dark in camcorder.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom