Calling all Pune Techies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
Hi,

I have joined CA at Hyderabad. City seems to be cool and roads much better ;) . CA is in hi-tech city and has a beautiful glass buildings. In fact, all bldgs of other cos. are same...and a new guy like me had lots of fun and awe looking at them.

Missin Pune...but I guess this forum is there to fill the gap.

GA

djmykey

Let the music play.....
sexy fish :shock: frm when were fish supposed to b sexy :twisted:

Anyways Im angry with you avi :evil: where r my chinkies pics man.

U told me that I'll get them but still now no reply or pics. Anyways every1 studying me too coz I have exam next monday so till then wont be online much anyways cya then.

Good to hear frm u amit. which company r u in?? Anyways my bro also works at that infotech city tell me more man there might be lot more than glass i mean chix n all :wink:

avi_avadhut

Broken In
hey sagar,

i lost my 40GB hdd ...
is it with anybody??????????

plz keep data folder as it is.
many PDF are inside and i want it.

plzzz if u want to make free space then make DVD of it but do not delete single file.

do u remember data folder from my system???????????

dont remember to whom i gave my HDD

avi_avadhut

Broken In
hey guys.........

special offer for pune techies only -

i wanna sell my iPOD - 20GB and cost - 8000/-
fixed price at any cost if anybody intrested please let me know..
Plus i can give you protectative cover - 2500 free with that as new iPOD wont fit into that.........

reason for selling -

I AM PURCHASING 60GB - VIDEO iPOD.
:D

come on guys...

who is the lucky one to enjoy the quality of iPOD..

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Me me me me me me me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I buy it pls. I will give ya cash. Ur coming in Dec na.

Ablenwill

Broken In
Hi all I m from Pune too and will like to join the group I think this section is rocking let me part of it. By the way is any one selling second hand computer if yes let me know wanna purchase one b4 Diwali waiting for reply... ablenwill at yahoo dot co dot in

avi_avadhut

Broken In
welcome dude.....

well what is your budget..
our pune techie guys can help you out.

mention your budget, requirement - work / gaming.....

mickey please confirm your order.
then i will pack this one and get new one for me..........................

well would you be intrested in audio-technica headphne made for iPOD.

man they are just rocking....
at full volume also no sound destoration and it has bass features.

at full volume it vibrate. i have taken those..........

i saw Star Wars on that hadphone on DVD and after finishing my head was not in condition to do anything...... simply rocking....

tell me i can get it for you but it is expensive ... - 3000 something....

i will be in india at 3rd week of december so you can collect your iPOD from me. well about moeny you can give later no issues...
pay by installements if you dont have right now. just kidding..
just confirm your order before saturday..

but remember if iPOD prices goes down in india till the time i come back still you will have to take it. by the way what is the price for new iPOD - 20GB not at rediff i am asking price at iPOD showroom.... do we have in pune???????

or i will ask somebody else to buy from my place..

remember it is not color iPOD. it is 20GB and i took it in my previous trip it will have only 6 months warranty left ( but it is international warranty :D )

let me know if you need any accessaries for it.
i will give you power converter which comes with that so no tention and even you can charge by USB but it takes time.

avi

Ablenwill

Broken In
Hi thanks so now I m member of the group... Well my budget is around 12 to 13k and my basic need will be for my studies of MCSE and for same I want to run virtual pc on my system which is resource hungry so need good system regarding gaming and other entertainment will play games (not hardcore gamer) and DVD movies n songs. Is any one with some good configuration system on sale let me know...

avi_avadhut

Broken In
well in 12-13K its difficult to get system with your requirement.

about mcse get in touch with Mickey since he is also doing same.

welcome to MCSE club---------

try to increase your budget coz you need good system if you want to run virtual machine.

i use to run 4 virtual machines at same time on win2003 server and use to practice lan, dhcp, dns, exchange and everything....
but my specs well you can find in same thread...
just check last 2-3 pages. i was planning to sell my system but it cancelled..... thx to Mickey......................

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Avi sorry but I'll have to wait for some time coz if ur coming in Dec then no problems man coz i gotta get my results b4 I buy the iPod frm u coz man or else I'll be fried. But still if you get any other customer then be my guest and sell it. :) I wont get angry or anything. I'm gonna go back to MCSE to clear the papers b4 restarting my classes. Anyways enuff of me....

Ablenwill welcome to the group man. Well ur doin MCSE then where r u doin it man tell me. Im doin it at Karrox J. M. Road branch. Dood ur budget is really low man for a machine. U might get problems with win 2003 server itself man so dont do it. Wait for some money to collect work or something man and then get good money and then only buy a machine believe me man it sux when u buy a shitty machine.

Avi check ur pm.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Hi friends
I have just joined the tcs pune n undergoing training at csc (above Hero Honda showroom) wakdewadi.
I m staying at nyati empire,kharadi.
My experience with pune has not been a good one esp bcoz there is nothing which i can call local bus network.Travelling is such an expensive affair !!!
But still i managed to go to Vishal Shopping complex,Pune Central,pentaloons and MG road on my first weekend at pune, n bought some clothes.
Please guide me where else i can go for weekend timepass ..
I like the weather at pune .
I would like to know about u people ... i guess most of u wud b working at pune just like me. Do u people meet regularly ?

avi_avadhut

Broken In
welcome dude..

please let us know more about you...
and want to know more about us then just go through this thread...

our meets stopped for some reasons but now i hope to get good news....

anyway our other pune techies can help you out for shops and bus and many things. try to manage bike as it will fast and cheap solution for you compare to Bus system as trains here are not like mumbai.

devianthulk

Broken In
@tech_cheetah ----> Get a bike as Avi suggested.
Travelling by bus turns out expensive as compared to other cities in india.
Btw how is the training goin on at TCS?
Which dept. r u in?

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
they r giving training pertaining to all the aspects of professional life.
All of us being non computer science students, v r having technical training also.
They finish subjects like DBMS in two days.
Then there are language classes on german n french.
They also have very interesting classes on personalty developement where they teach eating etiquettes,dressing sense,body language,conversations on phone etc. etc.
Its just awsome :D
I was not expecting this high quality training from tcs.
This is definitley one of the bests in the world.

Yar how can i arrange for a bike ... when i have not got any salary. will get at the end of november :x

Ablenwill

Broken In
Thanks everyone I think its going to be a good affair with the group. Ya Mykey I know my budget is too less but thats what cash I have I m thinking to buy pc on finance but not coming to any conclusion as I have budget of 22k to 24k (with finance @ 0%). Thinking to go with 64 bit cpu but which amd or intel the problem with amd is the mobo, only asus mobo are available for amd in pune, and also between the 754 pin or 939 but later one crosses 25k line and on my bad luck compaq sr1512il with 64 3200+ cpu and asus k8s-la mobo model is discontinued from market which was costing to 22500. Regarding intel I had decided 64 bit 2.66 asus 915 mobo with 80 gb sata hdd 256 ram and 17" monitor but that too going to 25 k. So is there anyone to help me get a good deal with finance option pls let me know. Ya cheeta everyone is right bike is the right and only option to travel in Pune so get one asap but also think about the price hike in petroleum I have an Unicorn which give me a milage of 50-53 km/pl and I travel min 50 km everyday so a liter everyday which burn a big hole in my pocket... So if u r milage conscious then go for new hero glamour and if power lover then Unicorn or Pulsar. Its so easy to choose bike then to buy a computer lol.

Ablenwill

Broken In
I did my MCSE classes from IIHT MG road camp but it sucks and so didnt gave exams that time but now thinking to give so want to prepare and do prac and so need pc hey Mykey also Avi can you tell me your configuration and is onboard video sufficient for 4 session of virtual pc at a time. Also want to know that does fx 5200 support tv out if yes then what type of connector.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
fx5200 ultra has tv-out but it will beonly s-video so you need TV which has s-video in.
virtual pc is not fully dependent like games on GFX card.
it require as max as possilbe - cpu speed, ram speed ( not only size. 1GB-DDR400 dual channel will be better than 1.5GB ddr 333 single channel) and you need to have good HDD as well and main of all this is the base which power all these parts - Mobo...

you must have good mobo. boards like mercury are crap. even if you get it free sitll dont take it. i have seen one of my friend system p4, mercury, 512DDR333mhz, 80Gb and system was like a crap...
it use to take 3 min to load 98 and 4 min for xp.
i tried win2003 and only with 1 virtual pc it was showing his limits..
so stay away from systems like these.
one more advice - STAY AWAY FROM COMPAQ / DELL SYSTEMS.
they sucks when it comes to performance. many techies here can make good assembled system for you and that too within you budget.
so forget about branded systems.

you might save 3/4000 now but whatever you will spend will be a wastage.
so make your budget little high and get a good system.
at least mobo, proc and ram must be good quallity. add additional parts later as you get moeny. but the base of system must be best....

about bike if you think for petrol then CT100 is better than TVS Centra and if you love power then Karizma and pulsor 180cc is for you.

and like me if you like to have combo of power as well as milege then Honda Unicorn.. man i love this bike. i am getting always 55 / 60+ milege but i take care of it like a darling. i only use Extra premimum pertol with oxegen boosters extra added. it help by bike for good pickup and smooth riding.

AND REMEMBER THE FUNDA - IF PETROL INCREASE THEN EVERYTHING LIKE AUTO, BUS, and almost everything - YOU CAN SEE HIKE SO bike is always better option.
the benifit with you is TIME. you can save the time and get to any place as per your plan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom