Call of Duty : Ghosts

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: Call of Duty : Ghosts announced

Infinity Ward reborn | Game development | Features by Develop

yay!

So basically they're saying they do now what every developer has been doing for at least the past 4-5 years. I remember reading a John Carmack interview in which he said his artists used to cry that they had to scale down their polygons and textures because of systemic budget constraints.

At least IW admitted that they used to make their stuff after deciding on the budget :p

And their explanation on sub-divisional surface technology seems to indicate that they do it in real-time? So the actual assets themselves take less space on the HDDs and the runtime instances take more resources? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to make higher-poly models instead of having them subdivide surfaces in realtime to achieve the desired effect? Instead of making your game do something that Blender, 3Ds Max etc already do with superior results, why not make your game run the final version of the asset prerendered? It isn't like the guns and whatnot shapeshift within the game.
Which brings a contradiction- if their artists are really CG buffs and "kings" as they call them, the versions of their models being submitted in the game's compile are actually inferior to what they like to produce.

Infinity Ward may have been a difficult developer for its publisher to deal with, but its track record was flawless. And it demanded the highest of standards from everyone who worked at or for the studio.

I cannot believe they actually wrote that. This is the joke of the year :lol:

And how does 60fps make the barrier thinner? Lower latency, no annoying pop-ups, yes, but how the framerate?

If you press button T, and action happens after a delay, that is latency, not framerate?

heidi2521

Padawan

Real Time subsurf isn't new either :|. See: Xenoblade, SMG, SMG2, Skyward Sword and other wii games scaled up in dolphin. If they weren't using it we would see it be all jaggy like Sin & Punishment: S.o.t.S.

Hell, even I use subsurf in real time for quick previews of what the model will look like when I make a higher poly version.

Subsurfing in real time has its advantages though. Along with less space taken, it also makes collision detection much cheaper(if the polys are being divided while rendering). Normally you'd simply have to create another mesh for it but this works too. Another advantage is that it scales more easily. Instead of modeling 2k, 1.5k, 1k etc. versions separately they can simply turn up the divisions as they please.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Okay this is hilarious, epically hilarious. I'm watching the live stream right now, and GT occasionally shows the twitter feed on the left of the screen. And here's what one of them says "OMG call of duty fish ai..so next gen". Not sure if the presenters got the sarcasm or not, but it was hilarious! :p

EDIT - Oh, the game still looks ugly.

EDIT - Only good thing though, the host, justine ezarik, hot as f! <3

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Fish AI was a joke, says Infinity Ward.

Infinity Ward called A.I. fish a "joke;" so is your game engine

Not surprising, since the series has always been a joke after COD5...

Looks more like a damage control exercise than anything. But they're doing even more damage, lol.

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman

And Google gets inspiration from CoD:Ghosts dog ...

Google Glass For Working Dogs? | Ubergizmo

Those who were crying out "combat-devolved" can now make new memes...

Bhargav

In the zone

Activision blames low Call of Duty: Ghosts pre-orders on next-gen hesitation :huh?:

Link

Dont they think price is real issue ????? come on

PC @ Rs. 3899 n xbox , Ps3 @ Rs. 4299 :crazy:

cyborg47

Technomancer

PC @ Rs. 3899 n xbox , Ps3 @ Rs. 4299 :crazy:

They're not talking about the indian market are they? 3.8k and 4.2k might be costly for us, but its an average price in most of the western countries. I'd say the next gen games, and their hype is what screwing up CoD, its inevitable, you either up your ante or get crushed by the competition, which is what going to happen to Ghosts. Activision has got Destiny anyway, so Cod's decline won't make much of a difference to them.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Look, more stupidity from IW.

Call of Duty's Old Engine Prevented Addition of Female Soldiers

:facepalm:

abhidev

Human Spambot

pc requirements announced

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

source PCGAMER

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

pc requirements announced

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

source PCGAMER

srsly 6 gb min ram required???

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

Is anyone buying this game? Contact me . I can sell at 50% of Flipkart's price

Top Bottom