Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Finally can't wait for this game. One more week to go for this game! Black Ops is one of the best games I have played.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The last Battlefield literally killed the last COD game. Even I was a COD lover, but BF captured me. But I never was a fan of either!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The last Battlefield literally killed the last COD game. Even I was a COD lover, but BF captured me. But I never was a fan of either!

IMO BF3 still hasn't dented any CoD market. at least in YouTube .. COD content channels subscriber base is more than BF3.

PS: as you know im a avid BF3 player with more than 550 hrs spent on it :).

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ Bf3 sold ~ 17 Million copies, and has 2 Million premium subscribers (source here and here), the 2 million premium subscribers is almost equivalent to COD premium subscribers, BF3 definitely had an effect on COD, probably BF4 will reset the clock :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I wasn't talking about market, profits or subscribers. Gameplay vs gameplay, graphics vs graphics. BF3 was a better game than MW3 in every possible way. I played every BF and COD game, and until last year even I thought COD is a superior series to BF. But fact is fact. They released BF3 and it was awesome and changed the competition.
COD is like iPhone, if they release the worst game still 'fanboys' will praise it and buy in millions.
(I'm an iPhone lover anyway, but not a fan)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
from a gamer point of view I can still vouch for every CoD games and their stories but my love with BF series started from BFBC2 - the gameplay was superb and some what more realistic compared to cinematic like we used to see in CoD games starting from CoD 4 but the story was not so good though .. the story of BF3 is good and the gameplay too but still CoD has a different feeling - I know typing this smells like a CoD fanboy ;-) but wait for the next part

Now with the release of MoH warfighter the frostbite 2 engine finally got the strong contender which can compete very well with every latest CoD games - the gameplay, story and everything else seems very good and it has the CoDish feeling but with the more realistic gameplay and eye candy of FB2 engine - now it's about time we will get to see how much the years old CoD engine with gfx enhancements can offer in BO2 - will it be enough to compete with MoH Warfighter but that for this BO2 need to have a very good adrenaline pumping story line, gameplay and a longer campaign - may be they should think about switching to FB2 engine starting from the next CoD game - with god SP story like every CoD game has it will get the added benefit to compete even with BF series games in MP .. ;-)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ MoH warfighter was critically panned by almost everyone, I don't think it'll be a competition for BO2.......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BO2 has not been released yet - so can't say much about this before playing it but play MoH Warfighter for once at-least - even I had read lots of reviews before playing this and made up a wrong impression - but after playing the game my views about MoHW has changed and tuned out it's actually a good game.

Top Bottom