Cabinet Power Switch (Power Button) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello Friends,

I have ibox cabinet from iball.

From last 1 month I noticed some changes with cabinet power switch, before that, with ONE GENTLY PUSH PC GET ON but now I need to Press and Hold this Power Switch for 3-5 seconds.

I have just 15 days old Power Safe 400W Gold PSU in this Cabinet.

What the problem is? Power Switch going to dead?

Any Help/Suggestion Please?

Thanks.:)

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Tech Geek said:
is the main plug on all the time or you switch it on just before you start your computer??

No, not at all, I strictly Put OFF main plug before leaving Chair each and every day.

I switch it on just before start PC.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Stick said:
No, not at all, I strictly Put OFF main plug before leaving Chair each and every day.

I switch it on just before start PC.
OK
then the power will take about 3-5 to reach the ups then the only can the PC get on. this happens to me everyday.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Tech Geek said:
OK
then the power will take about 3-5 to reach the ups then the only can the PC get on. this happens to me everyday.

I don't have UPS (it's PSU - smps), and prior to this just with 1 second SMOOTH press & PC get started but now I need to push DEEP and hold switch for 3-5 seconds randomly.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Stick said:
I don't have UPS (it's PSU - smps), and prior to this just with 1 second SMOOTH press & PC get started but now I need to push DEEP and hold switch for 3-5 seconds randomly.
might be some loose connection inside near the button..

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Hmm...this problem is caused due to dislocation/damage of the spring in the button. Just get it replaced - costs only 20-30 bucks.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
ApoorvKhatreja said:
Hmm...this problem is caused due to dislocation/damage of the spring in the button. Just get it replaced - costs only 20-30 bucks.

Can I replaced it myself? How? Any forum/link where I can get tur with pics:)

shantanu

Technomancer
hi Stick,, why dont to check out the function of power button.. just go to your BIOS and check it sometimes its changed to 3 seconds before power on...

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
hi Stick,, why dont to check out the function of power button.. just go to your BIOS and check it sometimes its changed to 3 seconds before power on...

I have Win98SE OS:)

Computer Engineer :D, arey Jack of all charge Rs.250/- here in Mumbai, think how much Computer Engineer will charge me at least Rs.1000/- and in that price I will manage to get New Cabinet without PSU, and sure will get decent caby..... :D

Last edited:
OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
OK!

If it's not an Problem (prior to this I suspect may be some H/W going to fail and need replace, better to change now before System Fails), I can live with Peace with my System.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
but the thing is BIOS setting not OS

I go through BIOS settings but didn't find the POWER Tab, can you pls tell me where I will find it?

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Computer Engineer :D, arey Jack of all charge Rs.250/- here in Mumbai, think how much Computer Engineer will charge me at least Rs.1000/- and in that price I will manage to get New Cabinet without PSU, and sure will get decent caby..... :D
You are right:p
but that is the only way if you don't know what to do

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Tech Geek said:
You are right:p
but that is the only way if you don't know what to do

Thanks for replies Friends,

yesterday I open Caby and while checking all connectors I found HDD connectors little bit out, use gentle pressure and fix it and than till today have no such problems. :D

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Stick said:
Thanks for replies Friends,

yesterday I open Caby and while checking all connectors I found HDD connectors little bit out, use gentle pressure and fix it and than till today have no such problems. :D
so is it ok now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom