Cabinet contents for 20K

I want to make a system for my GF since she's tired of the old Athlon x2 system I gave her and she's always competing for my PC's chair!

I have a cabinet ready. Well, I have these components ready.
- Benq 22" monitor
- Old but still fine iBall ATX cabinet
- Steelseries Mouse/razer pad
- Logitech keyboard
- Seagate 500GB HDD

So all I need is to fill up the cabinet with new parts. The budget is around 20K. My shortlisted components are at the bottom of this post. First, the questionnaire.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: smooth League of Legends gaming (she's crazy over that), movies, occasional FPS but high details not reqd.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: MAX is 20K. No higher!

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 ULT

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have, but suggestions welcome

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NOPE

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: as mentioned above. here ya go again.
- Benq 22" monitor
- Old but still fine iBall ATX cabinet
- Steelseries Mouse/razer pad
- Logitech keyboard
- Seagate 500GB HDD

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Jan-Feb 2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Many times

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Better to buy locally, but let's see.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nothing in my mind right now. Will post replies if anything comes up.

And here the list that I shortlisted.
CPU: Phenom II x4 955BE (need suggestion if Athlon II x4 will also work)
RAM: Corsair/ADATA 4GB DDR3 stick (the low cost ones ~15k)
GPU: MSI HD6670 (worried about availability and also if there's a better/cheaper alternative)
PSU: FSP SAGA II 500
MB: suggestion on this. Cheap but good.

The one thing that's very important is that League of Legends should run very smoothly on the system!! It's sluggish on the current AthlonII x2 and that's why we are always fighting over for time in my system :D

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)|2800
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1350
Graphic Card |MSI R6770-MD1GD5|6800
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2300
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
| Total |19250

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think AThlon II X4 processors are available any more. You can get Phenom II X4 955 around 6K.

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
I dont need that case anyway

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)|2800
Graphic Card |MSI R6770-MD1GD5|6800
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
| Total |19250

Is this the best suggestion?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Check my suggestion:

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD LLANO A6 3650 A-Series APU |6250
Motherboard |GIGABYTE Super 4 GA-A55M-S2H |4500
Graphic Card |MSI R6670-MD1GD5 Graphic Card|5400
| Total |19800

Optional Upgrade
Component | Make | Price UPS |APC 600VA|2000

Imo this will fit your budget and is fast enough to run your GF's favorite titles. The cpu is a quadcore and is referred as an APU by amd due to its integrated graphics. I still added a discrete gpu that will crossfire internally with the apu's graphics and will give seamless multimedia performance.

The mobo also supports x16-x4 crossfire. Get this and I'm sure you and your GF won't get disappointed.:)

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
Thanks for the config's people. I do want to make a point here that League of Legends runs a bit sluggish on 1980x1080 on a Athlon 64 x2, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 8600 GT card.

And also vickybat. Shouldn't I stick with AM3+ sockets?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No reason for that. AFAIK, upcoming piledriver cpu's from amd will get a new socket i.e FM2. So am3+ willl be ditched ,most probably.

Actually nothing is future proof except for the cabinet and psu. LLano seems to be best for your usage pattern so suggested it. The resultant gpu that you'll get when 6530d and 6670 gets internally xfired, is miles ahead than your 8600gt and even runs far far cooler.

League of legends is a piece of cake for the above config.:)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes its a great option. Go for it.:) The v2 series is good than the older non v2 cx series. Its a better option than fsp saga considering corsair's unmatched service.

Top Bottom