cabbt fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
hi ppl!
just wanted to know whether a fan on top of the cabby helps or not,
an intake fan in the front of the hdds will only help in cooling the hdds rt?
as of now my cabby has 2 fans in the back and 1 in the side pannel.wud it help if i fix a fan on top of the cabby and one in the front?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
the Fan on top will suck in MORE Dust:)), so i wouldnt suggest you the top one, but the front intake is good.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
not in my Zebronics AntiBiotic:)).

dude, you've to get IN as much COOL AIR as you can, so top(or front) has to be intake.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its gud to keep an outlet fan at top of the cabby. It worx as a blow hole.
The front intake not only helps in coolin the HDD but also will improve the overall airflow inside the cabby.

Its a gud balance woth 2 intakes[front and side panel] with 2 outlets[top and ob rear].

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
assasin said:
hi ppl!
just wanted to know whether a fan on top of the cabby helps or not,
an intake fan in the front of the hdds will only help in cooling the hdds rt?
as of now my cabby has 2 fans in the back and 1 in the side pannel.wud it help if i fix a fan on top of the cabby and one in the front?

my antec 900 has a 200mm top fan.
yup it sucks out hot air from inside the cabby.
i think unless n until u hv a really hot system,top fan isnt needed.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ my system aint that hot.its runs pretty cool with max proccy temps of 47-50c under full load and gfx card temps of 72-75 under full load.

Anindya

In the zone
My mobo is getting very hot when playing games around 52-58C. I have 2 side fans which r taking air in and a back fan which is also taking the air in! Coz if i change the direction of the back fan then the blades r obstructed by the metal plate of the cabinet. What to do? Dont have hany place at the front.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Anindya said:
My mobo is getting very hot when playing games around 52-58C. I have 2 side fans which r taking air in and a back fan which is also taking the air in! Coz if i change the direction of the back fan then the blades r obstructed by the metal plate of the cabinet. What to do? Dont have hany place at the front.

u ll definitely need at least 1 fan to suck the hot air out of your system.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Front inlet.
Top outlet/exhaust. (if needed)
Try to get "Vantec Stealth" Series fans if you want minimum noise.

gannu_rox

In the zone
The top one can be anythin actually coz tho Antec uses fer xhaust...

Antec uses as Xhaust coz their PSU's are placed in the bottom (like in d P180/P182/P900)

whereas most of dem hav it in d top...

So in Antec's case hot air rises and is sucked out else a back xhaust 120mm fan shud do it....

Vantec Stealths very rare but available @ PRime @ mumbai....

Price's around 600-700...

Likewise Panaflo(frm Panasonic), Sythe(Frm Sony), Delta(Amkes ur OEM stok AMD HSFs), Sanyo-Denki(Stok Intel HSFs)....

Antecs n Cms re jus in... costlier....

Last edited:

morpheusv6

Journeyman
s18000rpm said:
not in my Zebronics AntiBiotic:)).

dude, you've to get IN as much COOL AIR as you can, so top(or front) has to be intake.

I am too planning to buy the Zebronics AntiBiotic cabinet via itwares.

How is the cabinet? How many fans does it ship with?
Cooling good?:rolleyes:

Also, am planning to go for 8800 GTS, will a 500 W SMPS be enough(cooler master) or do I have to go for 600W?:smile:

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
Antibiotic comes with 3 led fans,1 side fan,1 back and 1 top fan.theres also space at the front of the cabby to install a fan.

a 500w CM psu sud be enough,but get a 600w.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
morpheusv6 said:
I am too planning to buy the Zebronics AntiBiotic cabinet via itwares.

How is the cabinet? How many fans does it ship with?
Cooling good?:rolleyes:

Also, am planning to go for 8800 GTS, will a 500 W SMPS be enough(cooler master) or do I have to go for 600W?:smile:
its good for 2.4K, but the plastic(front panel) quality is not that good, the CD Tray plastic is kinda flexible. i've used HP Desktop, whose quality is really nice.

temp. remains at 35 degree (b'lore) without the top fan.

if you have people living in your room & you're a Night Gamer/downloader, then try avoiding this cabinet:)), lights up the room & you'll get CURSED (a lot):D:D:D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
gannu_rox said:
The top one can be anythin actually coz tho Antec uses fer xhaust...

Antec uses as Xhaust coz their PSU's are placed in the bottom (like in d P180/P182/P900)

whereas most of dem hav it in d top...

So in Antec's case hot air rises and is sucked out else a back xhaust 120mm fan shud do it....

Vantec Stealths very rare but available @ PRime @ mumbai....

Price's around 600-700...

Likewise Panaflo(frm Panasonic), Sythe(Frm Sony), Delta(Amkes ur OEM stok AMD HSFs), Sanyo-Denki(Stok Intel HSFs)....

Antecs n Cms re jus in... costlier....

Yes, you are correct.

I bought Vantec through ebay.in. got it promptly and the price was in the range you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom