c2d complete system@ 31k with 19"lcd...unbelievabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfsfan

Broken In
hey gys just came around a zenith ad in newspaper .there was this c2d @31k +4% + 1500 just look at the config

1.c2d e6300 1.86ghz
2.intel 946 mobo(onboard graphics)
3.19" lcd
4.256 mb ddr2 ram 533
5.80 gb sata
and the usual : note optical drive not include.

i brought my rig for 42k 3 weeks back
the diference though was 512 mb ddr2 667 instead of 256 , asus p5ld2 vm se(945g),17" lcd..,xfx geforce 7300gt,and a coolermaster cabbie(it was expensive compared to others)

i mean guys lok at this
acc. to deltapage.com prices which i think r pretty ok ,
c2d : 9250
intel 946 : 5500
19 " lcd samsung: 15000

that makes up aroud 30k ,then what the hell are these zenith ppl offering,i mean how is the price so low,they surely cant be going into losses, they may be using sub standard parts other than the proccy and mobo.
any views?

shaunak

Tux Fan
Its elementary. Zenith buys in a lot so its naturaly cheaper.

To add to this they con you a bit. Original intel boards come with a 3year warrenty however [so does the ram and HDD]. however the zenith pc comes with only 1 year warrenty. When the say this they mean that even the mobo and processor [and ram and HDD] come with only 1 year warrenty! They buy the componants cheaper by negotiating the warrenty period.:D

This has happened to me so i know. [happened about 6 years back]
My mobo blew in the rains and my pc was then 1.8 years old. they refused to replace the mobo!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
shaunak said:

To add to this they con you a bit. Original intel boards come with a 3year warrenty however [so does the ram and HDD]. however the zenith pc comes with only 1 year warrenty. When the say this they mean that even the mobo and processor [and ram and HDD] come with only 1 year warrenty! They buy the componants cheaper by negotiating the warrenty period.:D

My mobo blew in the rains and my pc was then 1.8 years old. they refused to replace the mobo!

I saw the advt today and was wondering how it will be possible when even the 19" monitor today costs ~15K atleast.

The explanation you gave is correct.

Only thing I have to add is that after seeing the attractive deal,once you approach them for purchasing they will give you addl info like Rs.2000/- AMC, Rs.2000/- handling charges, Rs.1000/- installation etc, etc.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
dont compare the 19' monitor with samsung one unless zenith says its samsung , it can be any cheap lacd monitor with bad response time/contrast ratio/viewangle etc.

SHREY

Broken In
i have also seen the ad. after local taxes& vat it costs @34000.......
but great value for money

with 256MB ram the system is severely bottlenecked IMO an elcheapo P4 system with decent amt of RAM will nail this so called C2D system anytime.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
shaunak said:

this is the best explanation i guess

kumarmohit

Technomancer
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
with 256MB ram the system is severely bottlenecked IMO an elcheapo P4 system with decent amt of RAM will nail this so called C2D system anytime.

Hmmm you can pump more RAM whenever u want (provided there is no warranty killing clause)

BTW can anyone post a scanned image of the ad in question plz

SHREY

Broken In
Well, i consulted my zenith vendor & he said that one can upgrade ram from 256 to 512 mb @ 1800 more(with 1yr warrenty) & LG dvd-burner @ 2050 rs.......
So in a nutshell @ 38k it is still pretty cheap & i'm seriously thinking of buying one very soon.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
They buy the componants cheaper by negotiating the warrenty period.

totally true.

atleast 1/3 of a products cost is for warrenty.

just looka at dell/HP.. u can buy their products with variable amts of warrenty

or u can also just buy a warrenty extension.

this kind of stuff is not popular in india yet
the HP printer warrenties in uncle sams country also contain free product update policies. like if a new and better upgrade of a product is released u get it for free so lots of people buy extedned warrenty there.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
You would be better off buying this (assuming you only want a show off rig which is not meant for gaming or any other worth it tasks)

C2D E6300 - 9k
Asrock 775 Vista - 3.5-4.5k I think
2x 512MB DDR2 533 RAM - 4-5k
Seagate SATA II NCQ 7200.10 or better 160GB HDD - 3k
Generic cabinet - 1k
Powersafe 400 watts - 1.5k
MS Comfort 3000 + Internet/Multimedia KB - 1k+
Altec Lansing 2.1 - 1.5k
Microtek 800va/APC 500va - 2k+ (not fully sure of APC prices)
total: 29k

Samsung 17" TFT - 10.5k

Total: 40k approx

What they give for 31k you may anyway get around 33-35k, lower models from brands are indeed cheaper than assembled ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom