c++, java and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
sorry,
i dint find any right thread for these questions.

1- i have have installed fedora 4 in my machine, now i want to run c++, and java so can you tell me from where i'll get those and how i'll install them???????

2- I successfully installed realplayer 10 gold (.rpm format)in my OS but it doesnt shows ne i con.
how could i uninstall this application.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Checkout this link for Installing all in Fedora 5:
*stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

For Java , get it from here: *java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
Choose JDK 5.0 Update 7 and click on the 'Download' button. Choose
'Linux RPM in self-extracting file'. Also download the J2SE 5.0 Documentation.

To uninstall any application, open the Terminal WIndows and type:
$ yum -y remove <package-name>

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
mak1012 said:
sorry,

1- i have have installed fedora 4 in my machine, now i want to run c++, and java so can you tell me from where i'll get those and how i'll install them???????
gcc and gcj are the required tools. besides you have Sun jdk for linux too, see java.sun.com. If you want to use IDE's see this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20449

mak1012 said:
2- I successfully installed realplayer 10 gold (.rpm format)in my OS but it doesnt shows ne i con.
how could i uninstall this application.
to uninstall program installed from an rpm. browse to where the rpm file is and give this command
Code:
rpm -e <filename>

mediator

Technomancer
1. C++
Open the terminal type "g++ source.cpp -o outputfile"
output is the name u wanna give to the executable created.
2. Real Player
open terminal type "realplay" or "real" this shud openral player! If it doesnt type "locate real" and find the executable's path!!
If it executes u can create the shortcut on the desktop or use alacarte menu editor to make a shortcut in apps menu!!

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
i tryd to open install/remoove programme aplication but its not opening....i also tryd to uninstalled from terminnal. but i'm fail to that also.

harmax

Journeyman
mak1012 said:
sorry,

visit www.netbeans.org download and install netbeans, u can work on all java compilers like the sun java compiler, gcj and diff c , c++ compilers, and u hav a great frontend thrown in to manage everything

Last edited:
OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
but im facing a problm in opening install remove programme..................what to doo for that???? pls reply..

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Install 'yumex' & it's the GUI frontend for Yum.
Open the Terminal Window & type:
$ su -
(Enter password)
# yum -y install yumex
Wait for the installation to complete. 'Yum Extender' will now appear in the
'Applications'->'System Tools'. You can install any software you want using it.

rohan

In the zone
i thought FC4 had java and gcc bundled. Check your package manager... most prolly you've not installed them while installing FC4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom