Bye Bye Ubuntu... I shall miss you... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The title reminds me of NOT jokes in Borat movie :D
"My 4 year old cousin was doing a puzzle. When he was done, he came up to me and said "look what I done mikey" I said "oh that's really impressize" 'pause' "NOT!!" He started crying and ran away. Needless to say it was hilarious and I laughed hysterically. My not joke worked perfectly."

and yeah Love Me Not :D

Then when are we going to get the new distro made by MetalHeadGautham?;)
in about 2 months, when lenny becomes stable and its successor (in testing branch) comes out, and Firefox3 becomes stable, I am releasing that distro.

Its named SimpleX Linux.

Runs on KDE and IceWM is for light/safe/recovery mode.

good words....
but in a bad attitude..
What attitude ? Ubuntu wasn't good enuf for me as it failed to run on my system. So its time to go manual and stich my own shirt instead of buying another ready made garment.

Vivek788

In the zone
I am also planning to leave the ubuntu ...and go into debian.Also i want to try out freebsd and gentoo.Ubuntu hardy crashes on me and I don't want to be pampered anymore.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
maybe,
if u can tell us specifically which software makes it freeze,
u can get yourself free of the pain of migrating

praka123

left this forum longback
Ubuntu utilizes lot of technologies especially ready made support of lot of hardwares by having firmwares etc loaded into Linux(kernel). the thing has become so complex that ,a 500 member devel team should work sitting in a office :| (remember Debian struggles even though with more than 1000 devels elswhere in the world ).

but then ,the very idea of FOSS and internet joint devel is questioned ? :p still , see the work by novell suse. they alone brought compiz,xgl and all (eventhough fancy things)

I am also planning to leave the ubuntu ...and go into debian.Also i want to try out freebsd and gentoo.Ubuntu hardy crashes on me and I don't want to be pampered anymore.
Good. Get Sidux first. Its Debian Sid + Stability + KDE + Fluxbox.:D

If you want to get more experimental, later get Gentoo, but beware: You need to compile a lot. So you need good amounts of free time.;)

Gentoo is almost like GNU+Linux+BSDAsk Mehulved. He is a hardcore Gentoo FREAK.

Vivek788

In the zone
yup...i hope i get free time...otherwise bsd and debian is wat i am looking for.I did enjoy the feature rich ubuntu...but sometimes u need it to stay right there for more uptime than fancy stuff...sigh..

yup...i hope i get free time...otherwise bsd and debian is wat i am looking for.I did enjoy the feature rich ubuntu...but sometimes u need it to stay right there for more uptime than fancy stuff...sigh..
I think Sidux is perfect for you.
The problem is that its more PRO/developer oriented. This NOT at all a problem considering that this means it has everything you will usually need installed by default. This is a BIG PROBLEM considering that of all things that are not installed, SAMBHA IS INSTALLED BY DEFAULT.
I was like OMGWTH why would I ever need sambha ?:lol:

Its "Samba"...Sambha was the name of Gabbar Singh's accomplice in Sholay :D:D
I know :D

I still remember my old signature.

Windows: Oi Sambha, kithne servers the ?
Sambha: Keval do sardar
Windows: Keval do ? Aur thum ithne sare ? Suar ke bache... phir bhi thum log har gaye ?
Sambha: Lekin wo servers linux the sardar :D

I call Samba Sambha for fun's sake:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom