By Demand [May 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Guys please do include a review on The Samsung Galaxy ACE and the Lenovo ideapad Z570....
also provide some DIY's as they are always welcome...

Cheers,
sid_gamer

Last edited:

ankursinghshadow

Right off the assembly line
I want you to include the lectures from academicearth.org on Physics as i like them very much,Here is the link Physics | Video Courses on Academic Earth

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi ankur and welcome to TDF.
Here it proves useful to find and replace the word, "want" with "request". :-D

pra85

Blogger
a full fledged article about BOINC (BOINC)

We all know that we keep our our computer switched ON for a hell lot of time for various tasks(like downloading,etc) and normally all its computing power is wasted. BOINC is a software which uses the idle time of the computer to do research work for researchers who cant afford Supercomputers. It is based on the concept of grid computing.

It is goodwill work and rightly uses the unused computer resources.I will be highly pleased if you could publish a full fledged Article about BOINC in your magazine because your magazine has a lot of following across India and it will spread the word fast.

Similarly there is also the Folding project (Folding@home - Main)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have used NASA @Home app sometime back. It sure serves the purpose of Goodwill, although adversely affect torrent applications. :-D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ud0103 said:
Please include UBUNTU OS latest version also...
I have already requested it. But its good many people also want it so probability of being included gets increased. But I think it will be next to next month we get it cause Ubuntu 11.04 will only be out in last week of April

I have another Demand-

OpenViBE

Could we get more info about this. Really seems interesting. An article informing about it and giving various other info will be appreciated.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
as demanding from Jan,11 review for usb 3.0 External hds 1tb/500gb both portable & desktop hd........

please tell/ask me if any particular model .....

Last edited:

RBX

In the zone
I'm sick of re-learning basically the same thing in all prog languages.
Last semester we had Data Structures and Algorithms but due to lack of efficient faculty, I failed at properly getting into this much better subject for study.

Please try including:
MIT OpenCourseWare | Electrical Engineering and Computer Science | 6.046J Introduction to Algorithms (SMA 5503), Fall 2005 | Video Lectures and lectures on Data Structures across this and possibly June's DVD.
It would be nice for it to be done at the earliest, as I plan to study it in my breaks starting mid of May.

Thanks!

Anish

Spectre
I'm sick of re-learning basically the same thing in all prog languages.
Last semester we had Data Structures and Algorithms but due to lack of efficient faculty, I failed at properly getting into this much better subject for study.

Hmm.. hey, i passed this paper with first grade!

Please try including:
lectures on Data Structures.

Thanks!

Besides lectures, take a look at this book which helped me the most!
Data structures and algorithm analysis in C by Mark Allen Weiss

My requests:
Sony vegas pro trial
PC OS linux
Digit software archive
Mozilla suite (including seamonkey,thunderbird,sunbird, prism, nvu etc.. the full suite)
Microsoft Zune player
Microsoft DOS in iso format

RBX

In the zone
^ [OffTopic]
I'm actually from a kind of University what most people call 'Farzi'. It showed its real farziness in DSA paper. It didn't match marking scheme, questions were unevenly distributed among units, and the questions were totally useless - Asking psudocodes of algos which could be better told graphically and their underlying concept was not in the syllabus, and asking Diagrammatic representation of algos which required too much repetitive drawings but could easily be explained with psudocode. I topped the practicals but passed theory marginally.

Besides lectures, take a look at this book which helped me the most!
Data structures and algorithm analysis in C by Mark Allen Weiss
Thanks!

cricketinfo

Broken In
Demands can also be made by e-mail, story ideas and other suggestions (Fast Track ideas, design, demands for specific articles etc) to editor @thinkdigit.com for DVD content, mail links or suggestions to dvd @thinkdigit.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only for DVD content
Some more ways in which you can send us demands. If you use Free Download Manager, set the files for download, limit the bandwidth to minimal (3-4 bytes/s), export the download list, then mail us the list to dvd @thinkdigit.com. See if you can send us lists for the perfect 16GB content mix, so we'll get an idea of how much content you want
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listed below are sites where we get most of our stuff for the DVDs. Keep adding more interesting sites to the list..
Software: Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com, Free Downloads Encyclopedia - Softpedia
Games: GameSpot is your go-to source for video game news, reviews, and entertainment, GamersHell.com - Largest Independent Video Gaming Website (gh3d.com) - GamersHell.com
Game Trailers: Video Game Trailers for Wii, PSP, Xbox, PS3 & More | Upcoming Video Games
HD Trailers: Best Place on the Web to Download HD Trailers - HD-Trailers.net (HDTN)
Music: Free and legal music downloads - Jamendo, If You Make It, Daytrotter: The source for new music discovery and free MP3 downloads from the best emerging bands., QUOTE UNQUOTE RECORDS.COM! HOME OF "RECORDS"!, Purevolume, Mp3.com
Audiobooks: librivox.org, AudioOwl - Free Audio Books - Download mp3 and iPod format today!
Lectures and Courses: academicearth.org, MIT Open Courseware, Open Yale Courses, freevideolectures.com
Distros: distrowatch.com
Movies: archive.org
PS: To ensure that your requests are added to the DVDs, please try to send them in by the 8-12 of each month

plz include 3ds max demo or trial. plzz do that man! really wanna learn it after reading fastrack.
also include microsoft visual studio demo/trial ..
and ubuntu latest release.

also do a fastrack to G.I.M.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom