[By Demand] July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Ubuntu Studio + lots of extra packages, PLEASE!!
May I suggest an ubuntu special DVD chock full of distro + maximum number of packages that can be crammed.

Maya learning edition and related tutorials and sample files.

Simple Game development packages + tutorials for the absolute beginner; One which can familiarise the noob (me :p ) with all the basic concepts behind games.

E books and videos related to undergraduate Computer science course subjects (more vids from MIT OCW and other sites.)

no more ubuntu please, already downloading ubuntu studio...just to check whats in it.........personally don't prefer any buntus...........this month all mags have discs of buntus.........

sarangbokil.23

Right off the assembly line
Will be nice to have some Flash,AJAX and AJAX toolkits tutorial videos.
Netbeans tutorial will also be appreciated.

clmlbx

Technomancer
3ds max modelling tutorials
Fast track on Over clocking
Plugins for max,maya,photoshop
Brushes,gradients for Photoshop

no more ubuntu please, already downloading ubuntu studio...just to check whats in it........
Ubuntu Studio is a media creation/editing derivative purposely designed for media enthusiasts. See details here.
However, for July i want slackware or fedora, gimp tutorials and ofcourse some new freewares :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
+1 for ubuntu studio looks good

fast track to ubuntu or any distro

what is good and bad in each ...

How to install ,use it , daily works in it,, install softwares ...

As I have heard many face problems and 1 like me who would like to use open source os but don't know from where to start..

^ bro last month's lfy carried gimp's video tutorial dvd, you can grab it.

Thanks..will buy it today :) ...if its still available at stores :D

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

As I have heard many face problems and 1 like me who would like to use open source os but don't know from where to start..

Well everybody faces problems at one time or the other in every OS whether its mac/linux/windows/bsd etc. Troubleshooting is not always fun but adds up to knowledge on how things work (in case of linux in can say as its opensource).
However i would like to have fast track on Mac- Snow leopard or opensolaris :) or Virtualisation using Qemu or Xen systems.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol@"buntus" Did any mag give out the Netbook version? There are loads of multimedia production distros out there, many of them better than Ubuntu Studio. Digit has given a few of these out in the past. As for "Plugins for max,maya,photoshop" and "Brushes,gradients for Photoshop"... these are small enough for anyone who wants them to download them, and if we give them we'll just have to give tons of them, stuff that will not be useful to everyone, and it will just eat up space.
There is a detailed Netbeans tutorial in this month's issue itself. The IDE was given last month.
"after effects & premiere cs 5" are things that will run only on high end 64 bit machines. I guess this should be added alongside Autocad, Mudbox and Motion Builder, software which is equally useful. This would eat up about six gigs in total, and again very few people would end up using them. Smoke would be terribly useful to some im thinking...
No one posted any links

PS: I hate the focus stealing in Linux when you printscreen

keerthi teja

Broken In
1. Fasttrack on Wordpress.
Creating wp themes, useful links.

In Feb 2007, u gave a fasttrack on Blogging( Blogger ).

Want a fastrack on Wordpress.

2. Fast Track on windows 7. (In future)

3. Include Google chrome, Firefox in "Essential"

4. Win7 Ultimate Trial (32bit or 64bit).

Winrar (32bit n 64 bit)
Virtual DJ
MS .NET Framework for 64BIT machines. (.net 2.0,3.5)
Tweetdeck

n Big games like Call of duty etc (trials)

Visual studio 2010 trial (~2GB)

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
@ Anorion

If their r many multimedia production distros then pls provide it. 1 u feel best or is best

and I back again for plugins for max,maya,photoshop" and "Brushes,gradients for Photoshop, maps(textures), Stack photos.. I heard lot of demand for multimedia apps in this and few old demand threads.. So this will be useful..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BackTrack Linux 4 Final- BackTrack The highest rated and acclaimed Linux security distribution to date. :p

Give the DVD version.

*www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/

BackTrack The highest rated and acclaimed Linux security distribution to date
I love that distro. Truly a grim box if you know how to use :). After my semester exams, i will do a dedicated install of it. however is also like nUbuntu - Instigating Insecurity 8.12 for this purpose but none matches BT4 :)

Visual studio 2010 trial (~2GB)
+1

If their r many multimedia production distros then pls provide it.
Ubuntu Studio is best open source option :)

lol@"buntus" Did any mag give out the Netbook version? There are loads of multimedia production distros out there, many of them better than Ubuntu Studio. Digit has given a few of these out in the past. As for "Plugins for max,maya,photoshop" and "Brushes,gradients for Photoshop"... these are small enough for anyone who wants them to download them, and if we give them we'll just have to give tons of them, stuff that will not be useful to everyone, and it will just eat up space.
There is a detailed Netbeans tutorial in this month's issue itself. The IDE was given last month.
"after effects & premiere cs 5" are things that will run only on high end 64 bit machines. I guess this should be added alongside Autocad, Mudbox and Motion Builder, software which is equally useful. This would eat up about six gigs in total, and again very few people would end up using them. Smoke would be terribly useful to some im thinking...
No one posted any links

PS: I hate the focus stealing in Linux when you printscreen

lfy provided netbook edition with june issue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Drivers for ( x86 and x64 - windows Xp and Windows 7 ) ) :

Windows Xp/Vista/Win7 Nvidia and ATI Graphics Crad drivers
Intel inf driver and graphics driver
Nvidia nforce driver for chip 610-790
ATI southbridge Driver
Realtek, Creative,Via HD audio Drivers
Logitech Setpoint

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
try to get in x64 version of maya 2011 as it is more stable then x86 version.actually i got the 13 months genuine license from student.autodesk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom