[By Demand] Digit June 2006 DVD/CD

To Linux or Not To Linux... Should we add some Linux dist. or just go wild?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Journeyman
i wish digit did sumthing more better as to not throw out so many freebies and stuff like that, rather it wuld be better the content provided and that ads be placed appropriately and that cramped look of articles it really sometimes sick. hope digit falls in tune of some magazines like PCWORLD PCMAGAZINE MACWORLD, at least match their quality nd content after all digit claims to be "YOUR TECHNOLOGY NAVIGATOR" aleast for the upcoming season

Last edited:

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
1. Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 SP2.

2. CyberLink PowerDirector 5.

3. CyberLink PowerProducer 3.

4. CyberLink PowerCinema 4.

5. Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5.

6. Ulead Photo Explorer 8.5.

7. Ulead COOL 3D™ Production Studio.

8. Pinnacle Studio 10.

9. Adobe Encore DVD 2.

10. Corel WordPerfect Office X3.

11. Some gr8 e-books & Nero 7 .chm help files.

12. A full game.

Are there any new versions of multimedia softwares released? Please include all the possible ones. Because their trial periods end so quickly and everyone needs atleast one/two of them remain alive in there system for everyday use.

A shootout on USB Pen Drives will be quite helpfull.

The forum in 'vBulletin' looks good, but miraculously sometimes it have some problems with my fav. 'Opera 9' (pages don't open) but runs quite OK in 'IE 7'.

BTW where's my previous post in this thread?

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
No FC 5 .....coz i will get it from another mag.....
plz try to include.....Office 2007 beta [trial] which you reviewd in your April 2006 Edition...

And Windows Vista Trial .....

Thanks......

Vijay kgaon

Broken In
It's the 5th anniversary issue!!!!!!!!!!

1 DVD + 1 CD + 1 BOUNDS DVD + 1 movie DVD

AutoCAD 2006 (trial )

windows media player skin

winamp skin

Style XP skin

Norton virus protection updates

Autodesk 3ds max 8 (trial )

Microsoft Office 2007 (trial )

Windows Media Bonus Pack

Big games & small games

blackpearl

The Devil
MysticHalo said:
Mister, my advice to u would be to stop bragging here and get a break. Why dont you get CHIP and use all the software that r in it, rather than spamming in the forums. CHIp is not available at my place.so DIGIT should give it.
another question, CHIP hasnt mentioned about the size of the Distro...so...???

I aint bragging about anything. Neither I m spamming nor promoting Chip. I m just telling people where to get the required distros so that they can get it and Digit can give something else instead of repeating those.

Peace
blackpearl

G

gxsaurav

Vista Beta 2 is most likely to release on WinHEC, if possible, provide that or build 5365, 1 DVD though :p

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Nokia PC Suite 6.8 release 20
*nds2.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_68_rel_20_eng_us_web.msi

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
, I am with it_waaznt_me .. We have een shouting for the SuSE DVD for quite some time.. (about 12 mpnths) but still no sign of SuSE DVD. Its time you gave us the best LINUX distro Open SUSE 10.1.
Secondly, I would like a few good quality wallpapers of something never given before.. I know it sounds strange but give something cool and surprising.. Also somegood quality eBooks and some things to jazz our desktop.. Ofcourse, a good no. of full version games..

vineetind

Broken In
Please publish the article given below.It will help creating awareness and reducing Cyber Crimes and making India Cyber Secure.We have already given guest lectures and seminars in various colleges working for a noble cause check *www.telegraphindia.com/1060328/asp/jamshedpur/story_6023955.asp . By publishing this article it will lessen our job to go from one place to other and thus we could make India cyber Secure through your prestigious magazine.I hope you will support us in the noble cause..

Thanking You,

Vineet Kumar

The Article :

Getting Cyber Secure

Here are few simple steps on how to become cyber secure :

1. Test and apply latest service packs and hotfixes. Install the latest antivirus software on your computer and never ever turn it off; install a personal firewall and spyware checker (all are available for free on the Net).

2. Never download or open attachments whose source you are not certain about. Even if the source is trusted, see if the content is relevant. If not, don't open attachment. Create another email ID which you use exclusively for subscription to sites. That will prevent spam from coming to your main ID.

3. Check your credit card and bank statements carefully. Notify the bank immediately if there are unauthorized charges or debits, if you were charged more than you should have been, or if there are any other problems. Avoid checking mail or using credit card details online in cyber cafes. It is very unsafe. As a matter of fact, open an additional debit card with a limit if you do want to transact online . Banks such as HDFC have launched their services like Net Safe which is a very good service offered by them to transact online. This way, in the worst case scenario your damages are limited.

4. Do not give away your residence phone number or cellphone number. Be especially careful when you are filling in contest forms, coupons, free gift vouchers, etc. More often than not these are gimmicks to obtain your personal details. Don't believe it when they say the data will not be given to others .

5. Get into the habit of destroying documentation regarding credit cards, such as receipts, bills, invoices or any documents that contain personal details.

6. Never enter your personal information in a pop-up screen. When you visit a Web site, an unauthorized pop-up screen created by an identity thief could appear, with blanks for you to provide your personal information. Legitimate companies don't ask for personal information via pop-up screens. Install pop-up blocking software to avoid this type of scam.

7. Keep your computer secure for safe shopping and other online activities. Protect your computer with spam filters, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and a firewall, and keep them up to date. While purchasing online, Look for signs that online purchases are secure. At the point that you are providing your payment information, the beginning of the Web site address should change from http to shttp or https, indicating that the information is being encrypted – turned into code that can only be read by the seller. Your browser may also signal that the information is secure with a symbol, such as a broken key that becomes whole or a padlock that closes. Keep documentation of your order. When you've completed the online order process, there may be a final confirmation page and/or you might receive confirmation by email. Print that information and keep it handy in case you need it later.

8. Read about information security breaches by subscribing to some newsletters. In the case of many breaches, the only defense is knowledge. For instance, no technology could have prevented the phishing attack (wherein victims got mails seemingly from legitimate banks asking them to confirm their passwords and IDs). Be suspicious if someone contacts you unexpectedly and asks for your personal information. Identity thieves send out bogus emails about problems with consumers' accounts to lure them into providing their personal information. Legitimate companies don't operate that way. Beware of emails offering loans or credit, even if you have credit problems. Scammers take advantage of cash-strapped consumers during the holidays to offer personal loans or credit cards for a fee upfront. These scammers simply take the money and run.

9. Do not accept links or downloads from strangers even if it is tempting. There have cases where spywares like Trojans, keyloggers etc. have been hidden in simple picture files with JPG extensions. You never really know what is contained inside a file which looks attractive.

10. Use two different passwords. One for mail, work and other important access and the other for routine proposes such as subscribing to sites, etc. But remember to switch between them when you start doing transactions after mere browsing.

11. Create a difficult-to-guess password by taking the first alphabet from each word of a phrase. What is a good password? It is a password which is at least 6 characters
long, not easily guessable, contains mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters as well as numbers, and preferably contains special characters like $, * %,!,* etc. Some example password : &*Ucan't*Crack(&

12. Educate your children about the dangers of cyber crime. Children with their unbound curiosity and unmonitored access are the single most common victims of cyber crime apart from the enterprises. Ensure that the home PC is kept in a common place so that you can monitor what is going on.

Stay updated on Security websites like www.nag.co.in (National Anti-Hack Group) and www.igniteds.net (Global Forum of NAG)

BY :

Vineet Kumar
Student of class XII (Army School, Ranchi)
National Anti-Hack Group

Suggestions and Feedback are welcome at contact@nag.co.in

sailo

Right off the assembly line
more on linux tools
Fedora Core ISO/DVD
Cakewalk Sonar 5
..................................and Less Games

blackpearl

The Devil
Java Runtime files for linux. (LinuxRPM and LinuxAMD64 RPM .... about 15MB each)
*www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

kayote

Broken In
Come on guys... its the ann. issue.... put in whatever has been requested by all our digitians so far!!! :) (wishful thinking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom