[By Demand] Digit June 2006 DVD/CD

To Linux or Not To Linux... Should we add some Linux dist. or just go wild?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
I think u should give the magazine in Seal King polythene packs.
The current plastic package is sensitive to tear & is un-reusable once it's torn open to get the magazine contents.
The Seal King packets will enable readers to keep the magazine safe from dust & other harmful substances/conditions.
Also, it is reusable & not too expensive. U get them in the market on basis of weight but some sellers also provide them on per piece basis.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Tons of windows and linix freeware plz!
eg.
>free c++ ide 's
>free 3d tools like k3d[for windows]
>free small games

Re: Oops! I forgot>>>>>>>>>

solomon_paulraj said:
But to mention not the pirated versions...

do you think mags of such reputation will give out pirated ones, more M$ products other than beta release are not for free distribution if I am not wrong.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Re: VISTA..VISTA..VISTA..beta no probs!

solomon_paulraj said:
ALL WINDOWS OS'es INCLUDING VISTA...
This is more than a mere impossibility.
The costs for all that would go to several tens of thousands per user.
Please be aware of what you are demanding!

Last edited:

ronweasley

Broken In
excuse me. but i believe that in the dec05 issue, in the cd content section, they said all prev. issues in pdf were on the cd/dvd. but THERE'S NOTHING CALLED "DIGIT IN PDF" ON THE DISCS. i bought that issue SPECIFICALLY for the "DIGIT IN PDF" section.

can someone tell where it is on the dec05 issue??????

thnx

blackpearl

The Devil
Is Maya allowed to be distributed? If yes, then please give it.

There is a rendering software called Mental Ray used for providing special effect. Whats so special about it is, it was used to make the movie The Matrix (wow!!!). Read here:

*www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/05/12/BU263514.DTL&type=business

I searched on google but could not find any downloadable versions. The only thing I could make out is that it is available both as a standalone s/w as well as a plugin for Maya, 3dMax etc. Please do a bit of research on this and try to provide it in the DVD if possible. A response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Mental Ray is a renderer - it calculates things like lighting, textures, etc. rather than actually creating graphics and is completely useless without 3D scenes. I've used it, and unless you're a physics professor, it's a nightmare to figure out.

And no, since Maya belongs to Autodesk now, we aren't allowed to distribute it.

hemantrulz

Right off the assembly line
hI aLL

M A NU MEMEBER .. posting has not been allowed for me yet ...

but I wish to say for a neat software pacjage called QUICKBOOKS .... its the coolest software for managing the business operation .... wherer as we are still stuck on to the likes of Tally .. i just want to know have anyone heard of it .. .... and does anyone know if it can be siccessfully used by the Indian businesses .. ...

anshul

Journeyman
It is the aniversary issue. Happy birthday Digit and I am sure that you won't dissapoint us all!!!!!!!!!!!!
So best of luck.

mediator

Technomancer
Yea definitely Suse 10.1 for my safe keeping! + all the windows additional stuff like windows media plus,one note,student,games in which key can be entered!

blackpearl said:
Is Maya allowed to be distributed? If yes, then please give it.

There is a rendering software called Mental Ray used for providing special effect. Whats so special about it is, it was used to make the movie The Matrix (wow!!!). Read here:

*www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/05/12/BU263514.DTL&type=business

I searched on google but could not find any downloadable versions. The only thing I could make out is that it is available both as a standalone s/w as well as a plugin for Maya, 3dMax etc. Please do a bit of research on this and try to provide it in the DVD if possible. A response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

you can always download personal learning edition, as for now its version 7 and its given on this month pcquest.

jay4u

In the zone
I would love to see a movie like Saving Private Ryan, lots of developer's stuff, all Adobe demos, some hot models wallpaper (natiuonal and international) and some cool WB5 themes.....

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Well, the public has spoken...

Watch out for the wild anniversary DVD!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom