[By Demand] Digit December 2007 Special Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Special Issue : My Effort to Sum it All Up

every Digit ever published in this time's DVDs.

I sincerely Thank the DIGIT team for this thing.
Though Fast Track Inclusion would be highly appreciable.

And here is what i want, and what many of my friends wont dislike...
I am giving this list keeping in mind that 5 DVDs are to be given :))

1. A Linux Distribution that can serve as a complete "Windows Vista + Popular Windows Applications" replacement AND a Smaller Linux OS for Low End PCs

By this i mean to say that smaller OS'es like Mint or Debian won't Do, we need a fully configured Linux with all requisite codecs and software packages and most importantly; Drivers for graphics cards...
Something like a complete system suite With all things such as Gimp, Openoffice, all softwares available. :))
It can be any ; Ubuntu 7.10 is preferred but Fedora 8 or OpenSuse 10.3 are all welcome. :)
One will be suffcient though. But as I Said rather than giving out 3 distros without complete package, it will be better to include one distro with complete softwares. Others can be included later as is being done all these years in Digit ;)

Also as many of us know that with the release of Vista system requirements have been increased notches higher. Not all people can afford new hardware and not all of them can get resale values. So they have to use what they have. I am talking of the people still using P3s and Celerons on 128 MBs of RAM. And there are lots of those people out there.
So many low end users feel left out due to inclusion of softwares that dont run in their hardware, Myself included :(
For this I would recommend ZenWalk 4.6 or 4.8 whichever is available. Please include the basic codecs required for music and DVDs along with this distro. Maybe this will attract more buyers towards DIGIT this december. ;)

2. One Game DVD (Having Game Demos - Crysis and NFS Pro Street)

Well the biggest release this year is Crysis so its demo should be included. Also NFS Pro Street has been much anticipated so it will be liked by many. Full version of some free games available will be okay if someone needs them. Small games of around 50 MB need not be included. But bigger games and Demos are a pain to download and needless i remind that most users are still Dial-Up. :(
Linux games would be welcome if there are any.

3. One Entertainment DVD

Members at the forum have been complaining that whats the use of Movies in a Tech Mag CD. And there are numerous others who want movies. So the best thing to do is bundle one separate Entertainment DVD.
This may include the Free Movie, Free MP3s or OGGs from legal sources, Wallpapers, Screensavers, and the like. :)

4. One Software DVD

This may include the 3rd party softwares. Freewares and Sharewares all can be mixed up in this one. Separate classification can be done for both. This will be in the Digit trend :) We've never missed Softare CD/DVD in Digit till date, isnt it" So many people may not like it if softwares are not included this time. Other forum members have been asking for so many softwares. Including them would be really nice.

5. The DigiDVD !!! >> Digit Archive + Fast Track + Video Reviews + Event Videos <<

As its been said all digits ever published will be included, I'm looking forward wether Fast Track will be included or not. It would be a Plus Point.
You go to so many places and review so many awards. It would be nice if video footages are included. The footages can be included in DivX format.
Common you guys do so many things out there. We have a right to know how you guys spend your day at the office and all those things. ;) You can also include a summary of DIGIT Team and how things go on out there. You may include your photographs and group photographs. We want to see the Office, everything. Actually I've always wondered all these years How does Agent 001 look like :)).

I hope I've summed up most of the demands made by Users.
Looking forward to the special edition...
regards,
bikalp

PS : I dont mind Anna Kournikova or For that matter any model on Cover Page ;)

B

bigdaddy486

Plz include maximum number of windows xp themes, previous fasttracks.......... plz...........

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Ron said:
Hey pls Put all the issues of fasttarck and tack a crack in a seprate PDF files.........

Fast Tracks will be in seperate PDFs...

But why do u want Take a Cracks in seperate PDFs ?

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Riteshonline said:
Special Issue,Special Contained:

#Call of duty 4 Modern Warface :confused:

#Age of Empires 3 Asian Dynestics :confused:

#Nero 8 Ultra Edition :D

#Digit In PDF from 2003 Onwards :D

#Fast Track To C,C++,Java :sad:

#Windows Vista trial Version-
Link:
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...37-d4d1-4b9b-926d-86493c7da1aa&DisplayLang=en

Riteshonline said:
Just click on the links:-

Age of empires 3 Asian Dynasties Size : 612 M.B.
Link:-
:*download.microsoft.com/download/0/b/3/0b3efa0c-ba4f-4726-a719-87ded4ad77fe/setup.exe

Call Of duty 4 Modern Warface Size :1.44 G.B.
:*www.gamershell.com/download_21400.shtml

Windows Vista 32-Bit Trial size :3.9 MB - 1632.2 MB*
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...37-d4d1-4b9b-926d-86493c7da1aa&DisplayLang=en

Last edited:

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*

Link:
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c2c27337-d4d1-4b9b-926d-86493c7da1aa&DisplayLang=en

:*download.microsoft.com/download/0/b/3/0b3efa0c-ba4f-4726-a719-87ded4ad77fe/setup.exe

Windows Vista 32-Bit Trial Size : 3.9 MB - 1632.2 MB*
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c2c27337-d4d1-4b9b-926d-86493c7da1aa&DisplayLang=en

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Riteshonline said:

Link:

Windows Vista 32-Bit Trial size :3.9 MB - 1632.2 MB*

Nero 8 Ultra is already given in this months issue :razz:

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
All is well said

But Please No Model on the front Cover instead Something which makes Digit Anniversary Edition Stand out

Y are models posing for digit.....This is no oogle mag But a tech mag ...

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Gigacore said:
Fast Tracks will be in seperate PDFs...

But why do u want Take a Cracks in seperate PDFs ?

I hv miss many imp issues of Take A Crack......
as I came to know about this mag I yr before.................

So, just to coverup......................

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Windows vista trial,nfs prostreet & crysis demo,ultimate ubuntu,some free ebooks on linux.Hope u guys not started burning the dvd's. :)

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey.........

1. Files/Folders Recovery Softwares for Windows......Coz i hv accidently deleted some files from my Hard Disk.........

2. Extension Changer............I need gud software which can change all audio and video extension

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ Ron.. this time you will get all the issues of digit mags published so far.. so u will get all those Take A Crack challenges.. :)

And Please Include WindowBlinds 6.1 and some skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom