Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
We are (ok might be) giving away an enter DVD full of demands, so this is the month to ask for long lists like topgear or crownabhisek.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give LiberKey Ultimate ( 264 Portable App in one package ) and don't forget to add Vista x64 SP1 and SP2 :p

layzee

■■■■■■
+1 for Ubuntu 9.10
Fedora 12 Full Installation DVD ISO (tired of useless Live CDs)
Applications, codecs and video drivers for Ubuntu (Debian packages)

+1 for VMWare Workstation 7

As far as the magazine goes, please include some good DIY projects and stuff like Case ventilation basics, etc.

Would be great if you can arrange the return of Digit Archive...

Krow

Crowman
Cable management as I asked previously, for mid tower cases with non modular power supplies with non-flat wires like VX450W or TG-500-U37.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Fedora 11 or Mandriva 2010? Can't decide. Help me out here.
@Topgear: Where did you find all those software from? Some of them are so obscure that this thread shows up as a hit before a usable download link.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Topgear: Where did you find all those software from? Some of them are so obscure that this thread shows up as a hit before a usable download link.

That's my secret :p

Actually I browse all possible sites in hunt of good freeware apps and only suggest those which I know and sometime think ( by reading description and user reviews ) would be best :p

Btw, your Nov 2005 mag started my freeware journey. That was the first time i bought the mag and still I'm fascinated by all those great free apps out there :p

toofan

Technomancer
Preview will come up in some time. These were not in the issue, but are being considered for next time

battlefield heroes
Plugins, brushes, styles, presets etc for Photoshop
crownabhisek's list of free games
Vista SP 1&2 (64bit)
Wireshark 1.2.2
mobile apps

@vishalgmistry and @topgear, we have a FT dedicated to gaming consoles this month.

Anarion:
Thanks for the plugins, brushes etc for photoshop. I had demanded these things 1 or 2 month before.
If you can add some "how to do" tips and tricks/vedio tutorial for photoshopCS4 and also the list of shortcuts used in photoshopCS4 that would be great.

And provide the free OS as a installation disk that will save our one DVD/CD.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Yeah, I have been thinking about that too. We are mostly giving out bootable disks this time around, but according to me the .iso files are better as this allows the users to create as many copies as they want without too much trouble. What do you people think about this?

Krow

Crowman
IMO bootable DVD is great for many as it will save a disk (i mean unless you are on windows like me and would rather mount the ISO's on emulators). It would be an asset for installation. Bootable DVD would appeal as something new to readers as well. I would like a bootable DVD Distro as already DVD Distro is a first (isn't it?), why not make another first by giving bootable ones? Its less cumbersome for a lot of people and those who anyways know how to burn ISO to removable media will know how to make a copy of a bootable DVD. :)

My demands :

ConnectFusion Download manager (its just 1MB)
If there is any free software for creating Live USB for any distro ISO, then I would like that. I have heard of Lily which is limited to a few distros and I'm not sure if it is free either.

Krow

Crowman
Add an advanced tutorial on foobar customisation. I have sure heard a lot about its customisation, I would like the know-how.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ooh that's a tough one. I think the Tips and Tricks section is well on it's way of getting done, but will put a word in for Jan. Putting in every single plugin and add-on foobar has in the DVD though.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
topgear baba ka freeware tadka! :D

:p :p

I like a iso file for any distro as it gives us freedom of choice. Not everyone wants to install linux ( don't get me wrong ). So it will give them the freedom whether they want to burn a DVD/CD of that distro or not they want to burn it on a disc. Also an iso files is great for testing purposes as we can easily mount it through apps like virtualbox or VMware.

& if anyone really loves linux and FOS then it's not that hard to write the iso on a DVD/CD which costs only 10-15 bucks ( I remember those days I burned Red Hat 9 on 3 Cds and fedora 3 on 5 CDs - currently using open suse though :p ) In the past I've found also that bootable DVDs with other mag soft/apps create probs. It also makes a browsing the DVD contents a little messy but a separate iso file keeps the disc neat and clean and gives us the freedom of choice ( the main strong point of OSS ).

@ Anorion - can you please add those two movies that were included on july 2009 disc ( I lost the disc somewhere - so requesting you )
1. Night of the Living Dead
2. Return of Street Fighter

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
^ooh that's a tough one. I think the Tips and Tricks section is well on it's way of getting done, but will put a word in for Jan. Putting in every single plugin and add-on foobar has in the DVD though.
Thanks. :)

Another one:
*lifehacker.com/5388948/top-10-windows-7-booster-apps

Found this great article over at lifehacker. I demand all the Windows 7 booster apps that are mentioned in the article.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
The Gmail Notifier Plus is v1.0 acc to lifehacker, please put the updated v2.1 in the DVD

Last edited:

layzee

■■■■■■
^Fedora 11 or Mandriva 2010? Can't decide. Help me out here.

Whatever Linux distro you provide from the above, please provide the Full Installation image instead of the Live image.

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
Please provide dependencies and libraries for linux stuff.
as for bootable vs ISO,can you guys make multi-bootable dvd?
also provide old games and many mods.
Move Zero1 awards to DVD in .pdf format.
Posted again:
Putting in every single plugin and add-on foobar has in the DVD though.

Thanks for this.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
If I am not too late, I demand 64 bit version of the DVD Distro. No point in giving a 32 bit edition as the x64 repo will be present anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom