Buying UPS tomorrow, suggestions...

d3p

PowerHouse
OK, now this seems to be a problem, I started charging at 5-30 pm, now it's 10-30, but the UPS is still cold, I mean shouldn't it get some hot after 5 hours of charge !

Why are you expecting your UPS to get heated up after getting full charging ??

Its a notion. Just charge the ups for certain time duration as mentioned in the manual before using it.

Congrats BTW..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Jeez, this Manual said a Black wire, crap...as soon as I touch that RED cable to that empty circuit at right it sparks, got scared, couldn't connect !!! Is it normal?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Jeez, this Manual said a Black wire, crap...as soon as I touch that RED cable to that empty circuit at right it sparks, got scared, couldn't connect !!! Is it normal?

Yeah, it's normal. Manual is right but the units in India are with wrong wire detached.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That SPARK is normal? Please tell me yes....:)

Even mine sparked, you are getting paranoid too much. Else return it and ask for another piece or let the shopkeeper do this for you with a negotiable charge (price).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
There is one not connected right and one empty terminal. Just connect them. Forget the spark.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What's the name of that software which comes with APC UPS and shows the Power consumption and other stuffs? I didn't get any CD !

pegasus

Journeyman
APC Back-UPS 1100, 230V, BS546A, without auto shutdown software, India
Is this the 1100VA one?

How much does this one cost?
*www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR1000-IN

BTW, nice buy considering 1000VA or higher is rrecommended for rigs like yours as there has to be some room for future upgrades. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Black one cannot. How you expect to connect it to the computer...?

The one with Powerchute capability had a phone line type of connector that linked up the UPS unit to the PSU and enabled software monitoring and control.

I have the same UPS as you.

sam1

Journeyman
@ithehappy - i want to buy a new UPS tomorrow. howz the one u have running? can u provide the approx backup time under heavy load, like gaming?

sam1

Journeyman
got the APC 1100VA UPS finally!!!! running good so far. how much does the replacement battery cost? any ideas?

Top Bottom