Buying some "small stuff"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to SP Road and National Market (bangalore) today and/or tomorrow and am on the hunt for some small purchases all totaling to under 1K.

Things include:

1. Bluetooth USB Adapter
  2. USB Hub to split 1 USB port into many
  3. Many-in-one card reader (better if its integrated with USB hub)
  4. Blank DVD's
  5. A pendrive for testing (will take the cheapest stuff from national market)
  6. Data Cable for Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
  7. Data Cable for Nokia 2323 Classic
  8. A cheap pair of 3.5mm jack earphones
  9. An earphone jack splitter for my laptop - to split one 3.5mm jack into two 3.5mm jacks
  10. 3.5mm jack to 2.5mm jack converter
  11. Nokia thin pin to phat pin adapter
  12. Nokia thin pin to samsung GT1410 type new pin adapter

Though I may not buy all the above stuff.....

Anyway, can you guys please suggest expected prices for these and how much I can bargain ??

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
One thing I would like to aware you that, the USB hub u buy, check if its high speed.

I threw at least three such hubs 1-to-4 as they were not recognizing as high speed when plugged into PC, any USB drive I plug in, one message comes "This USB could perform better...."

Now bought one "Belkin" 1-to-4 hub @350/- or something I guess, and its working fine.

b/w, this is the product I'm talking about.

LINK

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

An earphone jack splitter for my laptop - to split one 3.5mm jack into two 3.5mm jacks

i bought one such splitter for only Rs.10/-...i am using it with my PC along with a headphone extension cable(which i bought for Rs.30/-)

*www.xxion.co.uk/images/uploads/Jack_Splitter_Gold.jpg

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Blank DVDs:
Single layer:
Moser baer 12, sony 13
Good quality local 9.50
bad quality local 8

Dual Layer:
OK quality local 20
Moser baer 45

Single layer Rewritable:
Moser baer 45

Prices in Kolkata, Do tell your prices for the components you buy, I'd love to know as these small things are not discussed often

Am nearing majestic... National Market a brief walk away. I am carrying my laptop with me to test the components incase they are duds. But mostly I won't buy much today. Just check prices...

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Please give the prices, I want to compare it with Bangalore as it is possible for me to source components from there if it is cheaper.

Nokia 2323's data cable. That guy started at 150. I was like WTF. Went down to 80 but then didn't buy it since I felt the actual cost must be a lot lower.. What should I pay for a data cable ?

Hmmm.... Fine then. Maybe I'll buy it the coming saturday.
This time I ended up buying only electronic components (OP-AMP 741C, a handful of LED's, some diodes, four transistors and a breadboard to experiment on). :D

static_x

In the zone
  1. Bluetooth USB Adapter - Rs. 100
  2. USB Hub to split 1 USB port into many - Buy branded ones as rhitwi ck said...LOGTECH 4 Port @ Rs.500
  3. Many-in-one card reader (better if its integrated with USB hub) - RS.100-150
  4. Blank DVD's - MOSER BAER PRO @Rs.11/each
  5. A pendrive for testing (will take the cheapest stuff from national market) - 2 GB @ Rs.250
  6. Data Cable for Nokia 5130 XpressMusic - CANT SAY
  7. Data Cable for Nokia 2323 Classic - CANT SAY
  8. A cheap pair of 3.5mm jack earphones - anything between 75-150 but poor ones
  9. An earphone jack splitter for my laptop - to split one 3.5mm jack into two 3.5mm jacks - Rs. 25-125
  10. 3.5mm jack to 2.5mm jack converter - Rs.25
  11. Nokia thin pin to phat pin adapter - CANT SAY
  12. Nokia thin pin to samsung GT1410 type new pin adapter- CANT SAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom