Buying RIG on Thursday, Last time advice's

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Try the re-TIM as suggested. Apply the HSF immediately. The key is to keep the layer thin as possible.

Let us know.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yea sure, goin to buy the paste tomorrow, which one would be the best? CM, Arctic Silver or anything else?

S_V

In the zone
@ithehappy

Hello friend...

It seems you are confused and un-necessarily removed that heat sink. Ofcourse others too mislead you for nothing . No offence Guys .......Yes, the assembler really messed up your system.. Many tech guys in shops don't know that cables can be routed back of mobo tray and have clean system ;-(

i7 is really Hot processors becoz of 130 watts TDP and i7 950 does run hot with default heatsink.. it's not your heatsink problem... Those temps are quite normal when considering the way cables travel through your system. There is no proper air flow in your cabinet.. You can't compare those temps to i5 processors... i5 processors are just 95 watts only.. They are way cooler than i7...

Regarding Thermal paste.. If you want to buy, Go for Tuniq TX 2 or AC MX-2.. Both are good but whatever the paste it doesn't really make difference if you use Default Intel Heatsink.. You might see 2-5c drop with this heatsink .... I suggest you to go for CM Hyper 212+ ,if you don't overclock much... and no solution for now ..

First you seriously consider an expert( say atleast experienced person friend or anyelse). Then first route your cables behind motherboard tray then connect to your peripherals. Advanced II plus is really good cabinet and it does support cable routing better than they are now... Use Zip ties for unused cables well.. What are your Fan directions inside your cabinet...

Give me better pictures than now, i mean good background lighting ..

I will happily help you to route the cables and Fan directions....

This is friend cabinet CM 690 Basic Model ,when this does support Cable routing this much better why not yours ....
*vytla.smugmug.com/Computers/Test/DSC00984/1124588798_tvasu-M.jpg

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys I have purchased the Hyper 212+, need to know one thing before installing, this one came with the fan attached with it, so should I remove yhe fan first and re install it again? or I can place the cooler with the fan attached?

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Guys I have purchased the Hyper 212+, need to know one thing before installing, this one came with the fan attached with it, so should I remove yhe fan first and re install it again? or I can place the cooler with the fan attached?

Hey congo...how much did u get it for??:razz:

check it out over here ...will get the detailed answers..

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
@ithehappy

you can place it with fan or not. I think it's better you do with fan attached. Make sure you don't put too much thermal paste on processor die. Just smaller than pea size in the center and if possible use credit card type to spread it evenly... Even if you don't spread also its not problem but make sure you put paste in the center than mount the heatsink. So that heatsink can spread it evenly when tighten..

I suggest you ask somebody's help who is having experience..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Please tell me where will my apply the paste? On the Processor, on the Cooler surface or on Both? Coz the Cooler manual says to apply the paste on to the Cooler base...So I am waiting for a reply eagerly..
Backplate installation is done, now after this reply I will continue the existing process.

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Please tell me where will my apply the paste? On the Processor, on the Cooler surface or on Both? Coz the Cooler manual says to apply the paste on to the Cooler base...So I am waiting for a reply eagerly..
Backplate installation is done, now after this reply I will continue the existing process.

u can apply it on either of them..but according to me i recommend applying it on the processor so that it gets uniformly distributed by the pressure applied from the heatsink...:-D:))

lastdefenda

Broken In
stop whining about the SATA . go to Ebay and purchase a case.. @ithehappy

External Drive Casings, items on auctions & discount prices on eBay India

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
@ithehappy Apply it on the processors..when the heat sink is pressed it automatically gets applied EQUALLY on both the surface...make sure the heat sink remains steady when placing it as Hyper 212+ has a large HS and it slides on the paste..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
You really did jump the gun...! :) Any ways...

The Hyper 212+ is a bad re-hash of the Hyper 212. It has a surface which is like this:
*img39.imageshack.us/img39/50/closeupsurfaceexplained.jpg

So there are minute gabs due to the heat pipes. You should do this:

1. Remove the current HSF.
2. By isopropyl alcohol (IPA) from any chemist.
3. Using a swab clean the residue from the current HSF. (So you can pack it away clean).
4. Do not un-dock the CPU. Now using ear-buds soaked in IPA, extremely slowly wipe of the stuck TIM from the CPU surface. Make sure non seeps into the the socket area. Be absolutely sure of this.
5. Apply very thin layer of TIM into the gaps of the Hyper 212. ONLY in the gaps.
6. Apply the thinnest possible layer of TIM as per the videos I had attached.
7. Seat the HSF.

You will need to do this with the motherboard pulled out, since it is a 'backplate mount'. Read the manual carefully, and tighten the nuts down firmly but not over tighten. Use common sense here.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@asing, Thanks but I actually applied the paste on the Processor not on the Cooler as your post came after my job done and now the temp is reduced by 6-7° C at least.
Here is a Picture after of my system installing the cooler.

*img191.imageshack.us/img191/7724/photo0123v.th.jpg

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Good cable management. Why you put the GPU on the 2nd slot, not that it will make a difference.

Just run GPU-Z and stress the card. You should get x16 link.

Also post a RealTEMP sensor test screenshot, where all the increments are shown. Want to see the temperature scaling.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^, I placed the GPU on the 2nd slot coz I wasn't able to install the Sound Card if my GPU were in the 1st slot.
I will run GPU-Z later, what is X16 link and what will be the benefit stressing the card?
And here is the sensor test screenshot, it was asking for something called Prime95, so I had to install it. What is it BTW?

I had sort time that's why the Cable Management is not that good, if I have more time it would be better. I wonder a non professional like me could do a job like this while a so called professional don't.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Those temperatures are fine. Prime95, is the utility which stresses the CPU and RealTEMP just logs the differentials.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
^^ You underclocked it to 2.4Ghz??

Hyper 212+ is really good...

the load temperatures are after few minutes of Medal of Honor and FIFA 11

*img842.imageshack.us/img842/9171/capture2c.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How would I underclock? Could you be more clear? Real temp shows different speed in every blink, 1400 MHz, 1800 MHz or 3100 MHz, is there anything wrong?
PS- I have a question regarding the power, Should I use 15 amp board to use my system, or 5 amp board will do? The PC suddenly turned off today, may be my Spike Buster gone dead though, but still..

Last edited:
Top Bottom