Buying PC On Monday...Is It Okay?

But My Reason Only Isnt Gaming....

And My Friend Said that amd is for one's who want to overclock...and i dun want to.

so..
Absolutely wrong, AMD's are very good overclockers, particularly the fx 8350, it has 3 entries in the top 5 cpu frequency overclocks. I agree that currently Intel is leading the gaming performance but things are changing, game engines are increasingly becoming multi-threaded and using multiple cores more efficiently, and this scenario is ideal for an AMD cpu.

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Dude,thats what i said..my cousin told me that purchase amd if you only want to do overclocking.. which i dun want to do as my cousin said i may burn my components.
so,is the intel rig okay?
when will it get REALLY outdated(YEARS)? ie,when most of the games wont work on my desktop?

thankyou!

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Anyways,just tell me how long my intel rig would would be able to run almost all games and low-medium setting , ie, playable conditions.

Cilus

laborare est orare
We can't say that exactly but if you observe the trend, then a good Quad Core CPU can handle most of the games for at least 3 to 4 years provided you have a good enough Graphics card. For example, 3 to 4 year old Processors like Intel Core i7 920 or Phenom II X4 965 can still play all the games with highest settings when coupled with a powerful GPU.

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Okay..thanku cilus and incinerator..

Cilus-thanks for your really experienced and high profile replies.
Incinerator- my biggest thankyou for building up of rig is you...yu have helped me alot.
Thanks mate. :)

And considering last 4-5replies from u guys...
I guess my rig is gonna last 5-6yrs?
I mean...wll not get REALLY outdated?
As i wont be able to buy proccy,mobo (maybe) , gpu till atleast 4-5yrs...

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Hey,I called up SMC International today and asked for the prices and they gave me these prices ;

Intel Core I5 3570 + GB GA-B75M-D3H = 16,500 (3470 wasnt available so they advised me to go with it but it makes my budegt 1.5k more..what to do?)
Corsair 1600 mhz RAM (they said they dont have g skill ripjawsx ram..whatto do?) = 1,450
GB GV-R7770-OC-1GD = 7,800
Toshiba 1TB DT01ACA100 = 3700
Corsair CX430V2 = 2,600
CM K380 =they didnt have k380 and i need this only as i have made my new computer table according to its dimensions and i also started to love it...pls tell me what to do? :\(
Dell S2240 = 8,600(got s2240l for 8,600 \m/
Mouse Keyboard = 750
Speakers = 700
Net : 45,400

ThankYou! :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Hey,I called up SMC International today and asked for the prices and they gave me these prices ;

Intel Core I5 3570 + GB GA-B75M-D3H = 16,500 (3470 wasnt available so they advised me to go with it but it makes my budegt 1.5k more..what to do?)
Corsair 1600 mhz RAM (they said they dont have g skill ripjawsx ram..whatto do?) = 1,450
GB GV-R7770-OC-1GD = 7,800
Toshiba 1TB DT01ACA100 = 3700
Corsair CX430V2 = 2,600
CM K380 =they didnt have k380 and i need this only as i have made my new computer table according to its dimensions and i also started to love it...pls tell me what to do? :\(
Dell S2240 = 8,600(got s2240l for 8,600 \m/
Mouse Keyboard = 750
Speakers = 700
Net : 45,400

ThankYou! :)

get a 3450?

Okay..thanku cilus and incinerator..

Cilus-thanks for your really experienced and high profile replies.
Incinerator- my biggest thankyou for building up of rig is you...yu have helped me alot.
Thanks mate. :)

And considering last 4-5replies from u guys...
I guess my rig is gonna last 5-6yrs?
I mean...wll not get REALLY outdated?
As i wont be able to buy proccy,mobo (maybe) , gpu till atleast 4-5yrs...

see you will be abple to play the games for 3 years max. The rate at which tech is developing its expanding exponentially.... meaning 5 years ago if you bought an equivalent config it would last you a good 5 years, but now its 3. after 2 years itll become 2.

the best part about your rig is that you can change your gpu 2 years down the line, but with the increasing change in architecture every year id suggest to buy a new pc at that time.

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
well i again called them they said that we would arrange it for you and give you the best price...so i guess my problem got solved :p

the best part about your rig is that you can change your gpu 2 years down the line, but with the increasing change in architecture every year id suggest to buy a new pc at that time.

sorry brother i didnt get you at this one. :|

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
well i again called them they said that we would arrange it for you and give you the best price...so i guess my problem got solved :p

sorry brother i didnt get you at this one. :|

your budget allows for a 7770 gpu, its a entry level gpu ... so 2 years from now to play games which are much more demanding you may want to change your gpu.... but this is speculation that 2 years from now pci cards will still exist. so since the pci cards are not available, for better perfomance you cant upgrade your system and as a result you may want to buy a new pc...

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
well,i still didnt get you fully .. its not your mistake .. im a bit noob at these stuffs...
i just want my system's core components to last till 4 years alteast :\

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
well,i still didnt get you fully .. its not your mistake .. im a bit noob at these stuffs...
i just want my system's core components to last till 4 years alteast :\

like suppose you own a business right now... you have 2 cars.... after 2 years you want to expand... so you dont add bogeys to the cars and make a train out of them, you buy 4 new cars..

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Well, wanted to ask whther there will be a WIFI card in my rig pehle se hi..aur i will have to additionally pay for it?
if yes,how much?

quicky008

Technomancer
i don't think your motherboard features onboard wi-fi-you will need to install a discrete wi-fi adapter card to access wi-fi networks.

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
^ And How much wud it cost?
pls tell me the cheapest and good in quality..my wifi is just next to me its just that i dun wanto connect via lan..
and i may shift my router to another room after a while ..
i live in a 3bhk apartment..
so pls suggest accordingly..
btw,im using double antena 300mbps tp-link router.

Top Bottom