Buying online

pcmaniac

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,
I plan to build a new PC using the latest intel i series second generation cpu and motherboard.Since the items are not available in the local shop,I plan to buy it online.I found the items at deltapage.com.Can I trust them?Are there other shops too that sell these items.What's the risk in buying things online?
Have any of you ever bought something from deltapage?
Eagerly awaiting your answers
pcmaniac

slashragnarok

In the zone
No risk in my opinion. I mean hundreds if not thousands buy from online places like deltapage. So if there was a risk you would've known.

noob

Cyborg Agent
just ordered my entire system components from PrimeABGB and will get it in next 1 hour. They shipped yesterday.

@OP : I suggest you to post your config you have in mind , take opinions on frndly geeks here..thats what i did :)

OP
P

pcmaniac

I wish to purchase the i5 processor and a suitable motherboard.

I checked both primeagb and smc but delta seems to offering the best deals.The others are asking 500+ extra on delta's prices.

OP
P

pcmaniac

Is it safe to go with deltapage?You guys seem to be recommending smc and primeabgb only.

OP
P

pcmaniac

are they dependable?
How does it work?After ordering the item I should transfer the money to their account?

slashragnarok

In the zone
Primeabgb, smc and deltapage are all reputed and dependable IT shops. They are not just online retailers. They have actual retail shops.

I'm not too sure about how it works but this is what I heard:

1. call them & ask if product is in stock.
2. they say yes, do payment & notify them through mail/phone.
3. they send your items. wait for item to reach you.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Is it safe to go with deltapage?You guys seem to be recommending smc and primeabgb only.

SMC ---> best rates but limited choice in case of power supplies & HDDs usually.
Prime ---> little higher rate & carry charge extra but extensive list of items.

BTW can we know the config you are buying? latest i5 + mobo mayn't be best option acc to your requirement & also there the chipset flaw (revised motherboards i.e. B3 are recommended)

slashragnarok

In the zone
SMC ---> best rates but limited choice in case of power supplies & HDDs usually.
Prime ---> little higher rate & carry charge extra but extensive list of items.

BTW can we know the config you are buying? latest i5 + mobo mayn't be best option acc to your requirement & also there the chipset flaw (revised motherboards i.e. B3 are recommended)

You mean SMC doesn't have shipping charge??? :shock:

OP
P

pcmaniac

that definitely is the best configuration for me.I need processing power+a little bit of graphics.
none of the online shops seem to have the i5 in stock.:(
I guess all the shops are selling b3 stepping boards but I do have doubts about the ones listed in SMC.

insaneYLN

In the zone
You could also have a look at -

The ITWares, Mumbai
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!TheITwares Ecommerce

The IT Depot, Chennai
Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store

Good luck with your purchases.
:thumbs:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You mean SMC doesn't have shipping charge??? :shock:

as jassy mentioned. if item is big & heavy (bulky) you would be charged 200-400. if item is small, then no. maybe they include it in price or maybe they use some local courier.

I guess all the shops are selling b3 stepping boards but I do have doubts about the ones listed in SMC.

call SMC & ask about the motherboards. they don't list everything in their site. cause its a tiring task.

OP
P

pcmaniac

tiring task?ggg you have already posted 5000+ posts in just one year and they cant list a 100 products?:D
The boards that SMC sell are all B3.The prices @ theitdepot are often very high.

Top Bottom