Buying + Online buying query.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
These are things i am looking forward to buy are.
You can absolutely suggest any better products in the price range if you want to.
*BenQ G2220 21" LCD - 7.6K
*Sapphire HD6950 - 14.3K (@yantra online)
*Seasonic S12II 520W - 3.6K (@theitdepot.com)
*NZXT GAMMA - 2.2K
*Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B CPU cooler @ 3.0 (@ lynx, suggest better if you want to)

Now the only problem is that apart from the monitor, i dont think i'd get any of these products locally. The local vendors of the small town i live in claimed that they could order the products but i am sceptical bout high charges they'd bill me later. So i am thinking about buying online.
Now, i am a complete n00b in this dept. and I have no idea how this works. So I have couple of questions.
1. The distance from Wardha (crappy place where I live) to Mumbai & Delhi is 637 & 891 km respectively (jai google baba). So how much would they charge me for ordering
a-Graphics Card
b-PSU
c-Case
d-Cooler
assuming I chose the least expensive method of shipment, provided I get my stuff at my doorstep, excluding the original product cost.
2.The website yantraonline.com clearly mentioned a 'Free Shipping' below the graphics card. Now, does that mean I'll get the HD6950 at my doorstep for just rupees 14,300 and not a single paisa more??.
3.How does octroi works? I mean do prices increase when shipping across states? Does it keep on increasing on every state border crossed? Or have I got everything completely wrong?
4. How safe is online buying? I mean the money transaction part.

5.How safe are the products while shipping, esp this long distance. Is it worth the 2000+ bucks that i'd probably save if not opting to let local vendor call the products themselves.
5. Say, xyz is the shipping cost of the aforementioned products as told by the website customer care(assume xyz to be a number, please.). Now what are the chances that the person who in brings the products at doorstep demands further money?
6. The Case, being heavy and big, would certainly cost more than its worth. So should I go with local i-ball's' cabby??
7. The website Lynx has priced their products at awefully low prices than the other, more famous websites. So whats the catch? Do they charge more on shipping?
Also, while you are at it, please answer couple of side questions.
8. Should I wait for prices to drop/AMD 7xxx series to be launched?
9. Would seasonice 520w psu handle one HD6950 + an OC'D Phenom II X4 955 + 4 Gbs of ddr3 ram + 4 HD'S + one dvd writer + 5-6 120mm fans??
10. Is the monitor alright or is there a better LED option at low cost??
So thats it..
Help me out here guys.
Also, put in any other point if you think its important.
Also, sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this thread. So I put it here. It says buying advice...right? Right?

Epic grammar fail in the first line. No?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Can't answer all of your questions but some of them....
Normally charges for Cooler, Gfx card, PSU are standard, but they will charge more for Cabinet.
Yantra offers cheapest price for some of the cards....yes, their price is including the cheapest shopping option.
Online buying is pretty safe now a days... I've experienced with SMC, Lynx-India, theitwares and deltapage. SMC, itwares and Deltapage are the most reliable one and offer very fast shipping ...mainly deltapage has the fastest shipping in lowest price.

Man, the product will be delivered to your house by Courier Service...all you need to do is to sign it.

Lynx price are excluding shipping and VAt. THey add 5% vat and little higher charge for shipping. IF you are purchasing products around 10K or higher...add another 1/1.2K or go tto the final setion where you have to place the order...u'll get the price.

I think Seasonic 520D can handle a Oced P II with HD 6950, but you can get a Corsair TX 650 to be on safe side.

BEnQ G2220 HD is very good and there is no Full HD LED monitor at lower cost.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
*Seasonic S12II 520W - 3.6K (@theitdepot.com)
TheITDepot doesn't have that PSU in stock. Anyways, 3.6k + shipped is too good to be true for that PSU.

Theitwares had it listed for 4.1+shipping. But now they don't have it anymore.

pratik03

Journeyman
9. Would seasonice 520w psu handle one HD6950 + an OC'D Phenom II X4 955 + 4 Gbs of ddr3 ram + 4 HD'S + one dvd writer + 5-6 120mm fans??
10. Is the monitor alright or is there a better LED option at low cost??

9 Yes seasonic will satisfy your need

10 I suggest you to opt for LED version of this monitor G222HDL or Dell ST2220M

slashragnarok

In the zone
Can't answer all of your questions but some of them....
Normally charges for Cooler, Gfx card, PSU are standard, but they will charge more for Cabinet.
Yantra offers cheapest price for some of the cards....yes, their price is including the cheapest shopping option.
Online buying is pretty safe now a days... I've experienced with SMC, Lynx-India, theitwares and deltapage. SMC, itwares and Deltapage are the most reliable one and offer very fast shipping ...mainly deltapage has the fastest shipping in lowest price.

Man, the product will be delivered to your house by Courier Service...all you need to do is to sign it.

Lynx price are excluding shipping and VAt. THey add 5% vat and little higher charge for shipping. IF you are purchasing products around 10K or higher...add another 1/1.2K or go tto the final setion where you have to place the order...u'll get the price.

I think Seasonic 520D can handle a Oced P II with HD 6950, but you can get a Corsair TX 650 to be on safe side.

What's the estimated cost and time for deltapage to ship to Kolkata? And how do you pay them?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
Will answer your shipping related queries. Regarding HW the experts will chip in. In order of request.

1. Prices will not go up with respect to where you live. Most of your components can be bundled in one box and you would be charged a nominal 300-400 bucks. For the chassis it can get expensive. Get it close as possible to your house. I.E. Mumbai.

2. If they mentioned free shipping, when you check-out the cart they should not charge extra. You can always call up.

3. Your state would not have octroi charges extra as such. West Bengal and most North East states (I think excluding Assam) have this. You pay what you see for shipping actual, or what the vendor quotes.

4. If you use a reputed portal/dealer/site it is 100% safe. To put it in perspective I have over 2.5L of equipment at home. All purchased on line.

5. Equipment is safe, as long as the dealer is reputed. They insure good packaging.

5(again). NIL

6. Go for a good case. Even if you are charged extra. Let us know how much. Try to order from Mumbai.

7. It is without taxes. Their shipping rates are at par with other vendors.

8 - 10. Experts will advice. Am noob here...! :)

Hope the above makes sense. In a nut-shell, online is save, just decide the part and vendor and we can veto it for you.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
So how much is 'standard charges' approximately? Or does it mean the original cost? And if i call up the customer care, would they be able to predict exact shipping/total costs??
And i think i'l buy a cabinet locally. How is iball baby? I asked the vendor for gamma/cm310 and he said he never heard of them. I asked for good gaming cabinet under 2k, and he said baby. iball baby. The company could atleast try to not let people make fun of them.
So that means HD6950 at my doorsteps for 14300 and not a single rupee more??

So just asking, where do u live, and how much time did it take for products to arrive??
Oh. Right. Duh. I was totally imagining a huge beefy man at my door asking for more money, & me, helplessly giving him cause he wont give me my precious graphics card otherwise.

So does this apply with only lynx-india website or with other websites aswell? If no, then How much should i assume the shipping+vat charges in case of other website like smc,itdepot,primeabgb.

The problem is that i am very short on budget. My psu+monitor+graphics card budget should not exceed 26k.
So If u got a better option in this budget, then you're most welcome to share.
Also, thanks a lot for the advice sir.
3. Your state would not have octroi charges extra as such. West Bengal and most North East states (I think excluding Assam) have this. You pay what you see for shipping actual, or what the vendor quotes.

Means that when i see a shipping @ actuals sign, it means not a single rupee more than what it costs? (apart from the nominal packaging charges like you already mentioned).
Hope the above makes sense. In a nut-shell, online is save, just decide the part and vendor and we can veto it for you.
I'l post the parts and vendors and the links asap.
Another query, like you said, mostly all of the stuff can be put in one box, so would it be better if i order all the products from one single website instead of opting for several that sell a specific product at low cost??
And thanks a lot for the reply, sir.
Expert suggestions and exceptionally outstanding advices was what i was expecting from tdf. And i got more than that!!

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
One query from my side :
suppose if i purchase a motherboard online, it has 3 years warranty then what to do if motherboard gone bad after 1 year and if service centre is not available in my city.

Piyush

Lanaya
@toady

HD 6950 @ 14.3k+benq 21" @ 7.6k + seasonic 520W @ 4.1k/VX 550W @ 4.5k
all under 26.5k easily

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Toad_Frog:
You will need to talk to vendors. It is different for each site. Before you hit the transmit money button, just talk to them.

You can order from different sites too. Shipping will not bloat your budget 'that much'.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@toady

all under 26.5k easily

@toady

all under 26.5k easily

Yup, i know. Thats why i chose the aforementioned products. Thing is that i cannot swap any of this with other, better ones, as it will raise the bar.

@Toad_Frog:
You will need to talk to vendors. It is different for each site. Before you hit the transmit money button, just talk to them.
You can order from different sites too. Shipping will not bloat your budget 'that much'.

Alright..all set. I wont be making any upgrages till 5th- 10th of may as i'v my exams going on. So till then i'll ask my local dealers if any of the products are available locally at reasonable cost. I'l also try if i get a good cabinet.
Again, one important question. Do u think i should wait for 7xxx series to launch or/and the prices to fall before buying the graphics card??
Thank you again, for replying.

Top Bottom