Buying new pc, want your opinions

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Dont go with Zotacs as your first choice, better stick with an Asus or a Gigabyte. BTW the Maximus V Gene is a killer board and with Phantoms side intake 200mm fan you will have no problem as long as GPU cooling is concerned. The NZXT side fan (optional Rs 550 Prime ABGB) pumps in an amazing 166CFM of air straight on to the GPUs!!!

You can go for an i5 3570K but since you have the budget and will be SLi ing and be doing 3D and for the future I recommend an i7.

OP
S

Subhajit Pramanik

Broken In
point taken. will get an i7. but apparently new series of i7 and i5's will release on june! bummer! i don't know if i should wait for 4 months or just buy it anyway.

if i use the side panel fan :( i'm gonna mod my case and put a black window at that place... so i cant use that 200 mm fan. :((

hitman4

In the zone
point taken. will get an i7. but apparently new series of i7 and i5's will release on june! bummer! i don't know if i should wait for 4 months or just buy it anyway.

if i use the side panel fan :( i'm gonna mod my case and put a black window at that place... so i cant use that 200 mm fan. :((
Do you really wanna mod the case......:-?
As there are so many amazing looking cases out there in the market with or without windowed side panels....:)

GPU: - ASUS GTX 670 DC2 2GB DDR5 (Direct CU GTX670-DC2-2GD5 ) - Rs 26000 x 2 - Rs 52000
Dont you think 2 x HD 7970 will be better value by shelling out some extra bucks.........?

OP
S

Subhajit Pramanik

Broken In
Do you really wanna mod the case......:-?
As there are so many amazing looking cases out there in the market with or without windowed side panels....:)

Dont you think 2 x HD 7970 will be better value by shelling out some extra bucks.........?

yeah thats why i had coolermaster storm enforcer as an option... but you guys suggested phantom only... and anyways i actually like phantom better[obviously!]... it's only the window which can easily be modded... so...

and yes, 2 7970 would be of better value, but 3d vision is a must for me... so, nvidia.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

In your case and the kind of budget you have....mmmmm......if it was me I would have waited ...for the Haswell. Yes.

Its a tricky Question. If you are gaming @ 1920x1080 you wont go wrong with either. For the extra money 7970 will perform better but will produce more heat and will consume more current. So you have to pay for a beefier PSU and some extra intake fans. "My personal opinion" when its two cards better stick to SLi.

Take a look at single card comparisons.www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/508?vs=598

OP
S

Subhajit Pramanik

Broken In
won't wait for haswell.. improvement mostly on the integrated graphics and the power saving features... not so much of a processor performance improvement[10% or so]... and also they will feature new sockets... so new mobo, new cooler mount, so more waiting... not worth the time according to me.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ We can't say from here. Hashwell does have some revolutionary nw instruction set support too, 1st time for a X86 Processor

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Exactly. We just cant presume as we all know what presumptions has done to us in the past,when it processors in particular. If you cant wait to Game its a different thing but if you can then we hope it might be worth it.

Top Bottom