Buying new PC - Budget - 30 to 35k

pRieSt

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: All normal appz which is used in nowadays, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop latest version, Video Editing (not much) + medium range games like - Half Life 2, Bioshock 1, NFS Underground 2, COD and 2D based MMO's.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35 to 40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 22 LED - I don't have that much idea (technical wise) regarding Monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I already have Speakers, Keyboard and Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Nope, Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, I am preferring this website - TheITWares for my buying needs

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Till now I have only selected - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Processor. I'd prefer Asus motherboard matching my CPU Socket. Other then that Ram around 4 GB. It would be very helpful if you guys would give more detail regarding - Motherboard & Ram. Why to select and why not.

My idea is to go for Intel based PC in my budget which would be relatively best. :)

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
read and edit your first question.

fx 6300 - 7.3k
gigabyte ga78mlt - 4k
gskill ripjawsx 4 gb - 2.7k
hd 7750 - 6.5k
wd blue 1 tb - 4k
asus 24b5st odd -1k
antec vp450p - 2.6k
local cabby -0.7k
dell s2240l -8.8k

Last edited:
OP
pRieSt

pRieSt

Broken In
thank you for the suggestion, however I have decided to go for an Intel PC. I have used AMD for eight years. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
What do you want from us: A tick tock;; You had amd, now you want Intel type of thing; or the best overall configuration available at your budget?

Decide it 1st.

OP
pRieSt

pRieSt

Broken In
What do you want from us: A tick tock;; You had amd, now you want Intel type of thing; or the best overall configuration available at your budget?

Decide it 1st.

Intel type of thing in my budget which would be relatively best. :)

I have extended the budget to 40k lets try now. :)

Dude, answer the first question again. We cannot get a clear picture on what exactly do you want the pc for. Which games? How much do you want to play? Casual gaming or more than that? Read the question again.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
i5-4570 -14k
Asus B85M-G --6.3k
Kingstong HyperX Blu 4gb - 2.5k
WD 1tb blue -4.1k
asus 24x odd- 1k
Corsair VS450W = 2.3k
dell s2240l -8.8k
Good Local cabinet - 1k or NZXT Gamma -2.2k
--------------------
Total = 40k / 41.2k

Will be able to play all those games maxed out :)
[I5 has integrated gfx card , i have the same cpu/mobo ]

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5-4570 -14k
Asus B85M-G --6.3k
Kingstong HyperX Blu 4gb - 2.5k
WD 1tb blue -4.1k
asus 24x odd- 1k
Corsair VS450W = 2.3k
dell s2240l -8.8k
Good Local cabinet - 1k or NZXT Gamma -2.2k
--------------------
Total = 40k / 41.2k

Will be able to play all those games maxed out :)
[I5 has integrated gfx card , i have the same cpu/mobo ]

wrong selection of psu. get antec vp450p at the minimum. anyway i5 config will be slower on gaming than the config suggested in post 2 but will have high processing power. also he may not need an i5 for his work loads.

Top Bottom