Buying N73 ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
At the most i will be multitasking by running music in background while surfing the net so that much ram will suffice . i have to go to exam hall after an hour and i am foruming here :D

What price should i expect it to be? my frnd told me its 12.5 k but today in the newspaper its written 13.9k .

Last edited:

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Yes, u'll get that around Rs.14000\-

Its a great phone bro.
I'm having that.

The latest firmware is v4.0736.3.2.1

Dont forget to post your cam pics in the topic. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47207

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
^^ The phone does have 64 MB , that 22 MB is actually kept just for the OS to access , but even then the OS keeps accessing from the rest 44 MB mem. .. back at nokia forums , they said that by the next few firmwares , the full 64 MB will be made free ..

And btw , i'm using v4.0750.31.2.1 .. donoo why they pulled this off the net , coz this is the fastest firmware i've used on the N73 .. and the one that actually has some demand paging into it ..

Some features u can expect in the later firmwares : better Demand Paging , More free Mem. , around ~ 30 MB at start .. faster loading of Gallery .. better Music Player . Intergrated Nokia Maps , Updated Flash Lite (version not specified yet , but could be v3.0) , Update QuickOffice and Adobe PDF reader ...

Being included in the NGage 2.0 platform got this phone some attention from the Nokia developers group :p ...

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Good choice Utsav.
What about N95?U ditched it?

The phone has around 20 MB free ram & with time it goes on decreasing.
I suggest you reboot it once in a day, to get good fast performance.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I was going to update to 4.0750 version, when I read that most of the phones crashed during the update process. And soon after that they removed that firmware. Now i am waiting for the next stable release. Still happy with the old 4.0727.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^ Really? How much free ram are you having after startup? and what is the camera startup time in this 4.0750 version?

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
@utsav : Great man!!!Congrats for the new phone...:) in advance:cool:

I'm also buying the same by this weekend,it's priced @ 13.5K here in bangalore.I donno about nokia priority dealers,heard there is a price diference..Not sure though..
Also frns(N73ME owners specially),they are bundling HS-23 headset with it which i think lacks a 3.5mm jack.Is it so???If yes then what are the alternatives??

P.S Sorry for hijacking your thread utsav...Really i'm..

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
^^ Really? How much free ram are you having after startup? and what is the camera startup time in this 4.0750 version?

Well , didn't exactly count the startup time .. but its definitely faster than previous firmwares particularly with font router ..

And about free mem. .. well . at startup its around 20-21 MB ... but the best part it the demand paging which actually free unused mem. .. Suppose u use gallery for some time , and close it .. after some time , when u again start using the phone , u'll notice that some mem. is actually emptied .. Meaning ..

Standby - 18 MB
Gallery Running - 14.4 MB
Gallery Closed , Standby - 14.4 MB
Music Player launched after some time - ~16.8 MB ...

The best part is that if u launch gallery after this , its actually loads up faster than the first time , meaning most necessary files were still cached .. now i can actually run the phone over days at a stretch without worrying about the mem. getting chocked up :p ...

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
Just now returned from exam hall . yippeee. :D . @cool g5. i ditched n95 8gb becoz gps and 5 mp cam is not worth the increased price tag . gps will be useless in my city and my dad told that he will be getting a 10mp dslr very soon :D

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Why are u buying from priority dealer by giving extra money? Buy from any local dealer and you will get a good discounted price.

@deathvirus_me, that was a great info. Now I need this version badly. I am going to download those update files. Do the 4.0736 version support demand paging? Because its still available for download.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'm not sure about the availability demand paging. AFAIK its just a rumour and there is no official info from Nokia about the availability of this feature in the latest firmware. Also I doubt it can be implemented in pre-FP1 devices.

Also utsav don't buy from Nokia Priority dealers. They're much more expensive. You'll easily save around 1-2k if you buy from a regular shop. As long as you get a bill, it doesn't matter from where you buy it. Priority dealer won't give you any special treatment for the extra premium they charge you.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^True!
The regular ones in Noida are selling N73ME for just 12K bucks along with the common softwares CD! I dont know, why the softwares? Unnecessary, but a good strategy though! :D And btw, Congrats for ur new mobile.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Utsav - I was telling you the same thing to get a seperate digital camera.So it's good for you 10 MP SLR+ N73 ME.

Enjoy buddy. :)

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
Local dealers r asking 13.5k in my city jhansi and my dad wants to confirm from priority dealer also so i l wait till tommorow

^^True!
The regular ones in Noida are selling N73ME for just 12K bucks along with the common softwares CD! I dont know, why the softwares? Unnecessary, but a good strategy though! :D And btw, Congrats for ur new mobile.

12 k :shock: abey majaak mat kar

Last edited:
OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
Just now got the phone for 13.5k at the nokia priority .same as local dealers price. and got airtel sim free :D yippeee :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom