Buying K850i..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea...my cam is going great guns....my friends who have it are also quite happy with it...

upgrade ur firmware thru seus..

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i upgraded the Software but no use... will take it for replacement on MONDAY... very bad experice so might ask them to give me P1i.

K

karthi26

Try N82 it's really amazing..! you will like the way it work's and the camera is very nice. first i was not interested in Nokia but this model is really faster and pretty nice than the other mobile in N series.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
This means that K850i is not a reliable set....May be since it has been launched recently, so contains some bugs...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Arre yaar..every company has some damn defective sets..that doesnt mean its not reliable..and any moving part in an electronic item is prone to fault..thus the mishap...

acewin

Point Blanc
I would go with amd's saying on this. K850i isnt very old, so the %age of defective would be more, also the hardware used is most new with 5MPix, newer models using same hardware can get better, but with first of its class K850i has afew problems. But bad battery I wont say.

BTW what happened in the service center, did you get it changed.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
bad battery??[:O]...tell them to change it na..lolzz..yea..its a new platform..the first phone to be on the a200 platform for sony..but has worke quite well for me..but newa..u can check out the p1i or as a matter of fact..the w890

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i will be giving the set back to the shop where i bought it from. He said he will ask the service center to give a new set rather than rectifying that... lets see what happened... am just confused whether to take this set again a new one or get another set...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
did u like the feel of it??...the cam malfunctioned rite??..the whole set was ok..how did u like the feel of it?..if u liked the features anfd the feel..i suggest dont change it..else..go ur way

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i liked the feel of the battery but somewhat felt that battery is not as strong as i felt it will be... i used it just for less than 2 hrs for music and around 1 hr of talking and the battery was half drained... i liked the screen display and the touch sensative button on that... music quality was good as well...

the only think i didnt liked was the placement of the speakers... when we keep it down on a soft base like bed it is hard to be heard...

Cam i need to check... lets see i will get the same set back...

i am just wondering and am scared if after replacement of the error comes after 2-3 months... i dont know if that can be a case...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
dont think so..using it for more than 4 months..nothing to complain bout yet..well yea..the new firmware drains the battery a bit faster..with the o37 firmware it lasted quite a lot...don worry..the prob will be over with the nest firmware

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
dont go fro k850..period..hearing 3 of my frnds complianing abt it....i am using my frnds p1i....bliss....go for p1i....

but 850 is far multimedia-ish..so sort ur priority.....

alekh_khanna

Broken In
hi.. have been using K850i for the past 2 months.. excellent set.. just upgrade to the newest firmware when u get ur replacement.. as far as P1i goes, i dont think it supports EDGE.. also it isnt as multimedia centric & chic as K850i.. so make ur decisons wisely.. ( for ex; if u play a lot of mobile games, then u would certainly be having probs with P1i as it supports only touchscreen..also audio not that gr8 as compared to k850i..).. Best of luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom