buying an ipad

sid25290

There's No Age For Gaming
hello guys
i am going to buy a ipad
but i am not sure if i should go with the new ipad or the ipad 2
the only thing i need it for is to watch movies while traveling in metro as my work place is like 1 hour away
i took a laptop for that purpose but its getting heavy to watch a movie in a metro while people keep coming and going (hitting the screen every time)
so what will be the better choice
i have a budge of 30k
shall i go for the new ipad 16gb wifi
or an ipad 2 16gb wifi
or a second hand ipad 2 16gb wifi+ an android phone as i am using nokia x2-01 right now(am still thinking why i sold my ipod touch 4g :()
any advise guys?
by the way i am getting a used ipad 3, 2 months old for 25k
is it worth buying?
thanks for the answers in advance :)

sudeepht

Broken In
I think its important to keep in mind that the iPad does not have a widescreen resolution so when watching a movie, you will see big black bars at the top and bottom of screen. I would suggest also looking at 7 inch widescreen tablets such as Google Nexus 7 alternatively to wait till Windows 8 tablets start shipping in two and a half months time.

techlover

In the zone
hello guys
i am going to buy a ipad
but i am not sure if i should go with the new ipad or the ipad 2
the only thing i need it for is to watch movies while traveling in metro as my work place is like 1 hour away
i took a laptop for that purpose but its getting heavy to watch a movie in a metro while people keep coming and going (hitting the screen every time)
so what will be the better choice
i have a budge of 30k
shall i go for the new ipad 16gb wifi
or an ipad 2 16gb wifi
or a second hand ipad 2 16gb wifi+ an android phone as i am using nokia x2-01 right now(am still thinking why i sold my ipod touch 4g :()
any advise guys?
by the way i am getting a used ipad 3, 2 months old for 25k
is it worth buying?
thanks for the answers in advance :)

well personally if u ask me i wont suggest u to go for a iPad if you just want it mainly for watching movies in metro...u drop it once and have to say goodbye to its screen :( ...better buy a cheap android tablet with good screen resolution if u just want to watch movies ....its just what i think final decision is yours :)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
definetely buy it it was worth the money buy ipad2 16gb wifi which you can get around for 21000 which will save ur extra 9k money too and take care of it..buy a ipad smart cover and ur ipad is safe....smart cover save the ipad if we dropped it on floor it can handle 2-3 falls check youtube video for it! dont buy the new ipad it was waste of extra 10k+ nthg much just camera, 4g, retina display go with ipad2 i have one too white 16gb wifi which i got for 25k 5 months ago! battery backup is amazing i will not suggest you to buy a second hand ipad but choise is urs :)

daksh

Journeyman
If your main purpose if movies-
1. I wont recommend such an expensive tab, you're better of with something much cheaper.
2. If you HAVE to buy an ipad, buy the new one. No point saving 5k once and going for an inferior product. Its a one time buy and the new one's retina display is worth the difference in price. Plus you get a MUCH MUCH better GPU and longer support from apple for it.

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
Defiantly buy new iPad if u have budget it's worth the money.
The screen is gorgeous you will never go wrong with iPad.i like android but in tab category andy sucks.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It would be nice if you can get new one but the iPad 2 itself is enough for Movie watching. You will get iOS updates for a year after iPad 2. It will support newer applications when they come out and has a great screen.
But for movie watching alone iPad 2 is enough. It is your decision what to buy.

also there are rumours of 7 inch iPad coming out at the end of the year so keep an eye out for that too :)

OP
sid25290

sid25290

lol i am still confused, actually i know even a cheap tablet will do the work but is there any good android tablet with good screen resolution?
i mean i know android will be better(as i do not have to convert every video)
and yes i only need it for movies, no gaming at all(don't have time to play ios games, too many pc games waiting for my free time :D)
really its so hard to take a decision these days :\

ujjwal007

Lost in games
lol i am still confused, actually i know even a cheap tablet will do the work but is there any good android tablet with good screen resolution?
i mean i know android will be better(as i do not have to convert every video)
and yes i only need it for movies, no gaming at all(don't have time to play ios games, too many pc games waiting for my free time :D)
really its so hard to take a decision these days :\

if ur main purpose is just movies go for ipad2 the retina display works great for games so ur not gaming then dont spend more 10k on it but if you have a budget then go.

samudragupta

Youngling
+1 for ipad for movies... trust me i have checked the quality of the ipad 2 vs samsung tab and the picture quality was just jaw dropping on the ipad... no matter how many critics ios has the retina display is one of the best in its class...

ujjwal007

Lost in games
yeah its just nearly 10k more for the lower version i guess you can get ipad 16gb wifi for 21000 and new ipad 16gb wifi for 30k-32k its best to buy the ipad 2 :D

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
I was in your situation about two months back and i bought the iPad 2- my usage is mainly watching movies, light gaming, and reading. I had an Android tablet (the original Samsung Galaxy tab) which got stolen. While all the facts about lack of widescreen and closed ecosystem is true about the iPad, after using it i realized that Android tablets lacked the most crucial thing that a tablet has to have- that is good battery life, and i am not even getting into the resolution battle. come what may my Galaxy tab used to last 1.5 days, the iPad easily lasts twice that time. I have watched continuous 11 hrs of video on it, and at the end it still had some life. Galaxy used to give me 5-6 hrs max.

True that the Galaxy had 3G and portability, but the Apple iPad is well built too, and like ujjwal007 said, get a good double sided cover, and you are good to go. A year back, there was no players on the Appstore that could play 3rd party media, today there are dozens, both free and paid- i used a paid app- Goodplayer and it is excellent. A lot of Apple apps are optimized for the iPad so they look gorgeous, but unfortunately for Android it is not the case so they look bad, even though they are free. And as for internet on the move, i use my phone to tether the iPad so data connectivity is taken care of too.

I too was flip-flopping between the iPad 2 and iPad 3, ultimately decided to save 10k and go for the former. I did check out the screen which was definitely better in the iPad 3 but somehow couldnt justify just that for 10 grand, but thats just me.

The iPad is the only Apple product which we in India can call VFM- Its well priced, especially the iPad 2 variant, has great apps, stays on as long as you want it to and will always get the OS updates 9including iOS 6) I wanted to be connected to the Apple ecosystem, and this was the best way to enter.

Hope these thoughts help you in your decision

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
Benefit of retina display
Gaming - crispier visual
Browsing - more clear text and image
Movies - if you watch full hd movies you can differentiate between iPad 2 and new iPad
Reading - Reading books comics or even news on apps like pulse flipboard or kindle app is much more appreciated on new iPad.text look more clear on new iPad compared to any other tab available in market.
And if you want to save some money then buy iPad 2 but don't consider android tablet they don't have any app which is customised for tablet.

OP
sid25290

sid25290

hey guys
thanks you all for the answers
so i think i will be going for the ipad 2, better to save 10k and get ipad 4 next year :D
one more question i would like to ask is, is it advisable to buy a used ipad under warranty?
i was thinking of getting a used ipad 2 and a used samsung galaxy s2 under warranty
or should i go for just a new ipad 2 for now?

ujjwal007

Lost in games
hey guys
thanks you all for the answers
so i think i will be going for the ipad 2, better to save 10k and get ipad 4 next year :D
one more question i would like to ask is, is it advisable to buy a used ipad under warranty?
i was thinking of getting a used ipad 2 and a used samsung galaxy s2 under warranty
or should i go for just a new ipad 2 for now?

bro i dont recommend you to buy an old ipad2 without warranty anyways how much is it??? if it is under 12k you can consider...because new one is 21k so buy a new one according to me!! new one just looks amazing!

ujjwal007

Lost in games
21K? where?
can u post me the link or anything?
i thought it was 24,500
bro i have purchased for 23k from ebay 4 months ago...but i did a mistake i have a flat 1200 rs discount i forget to put the code there so i have to pay 23k but orginally it will cost me 21.800 otherwise..i paid with CC so if i cancelled my order the money can be struck in b/w so thats why i have not cancelled it and got for 23k so.. u can get for 21k i think or less the seller was eonspark in ebay she sells only apple products from delhi i got the ipad2 next day when ordered

OP
sid25290

sid25290

hey again
i am getting a deal on an ipad 2 16gb white
its bought on 18th of july
the owner has the bill and all
he is selling it for 18k
is it a good buy?
if yes
then how can i confirm if the bill is original?

Top Bottom