Buying Advice : TV - 55 INCH

OP

123hero

In the zone
i read online that most smart tv have RAM of around 2GB which causes stuttering and lag.

the lag is visible here in this review.

so which one would you guys recommend. ???

i am now confused between the Vu, Blaupunkt. hisense and the philips brands. i would want to pick one offering the best vfm as well as ASS. i am little hesitant buying online since i have no idea of how good the panels will be. suppose if i buy online from fk or amazon, will someone come from the company for installing the same and wall mount it ?

i read online that most smart tv have RAM of around 2GB which causes stuttering and lag.

the lag is visible here in this review.

so which one would you guys recommend. ???

i am now confused between the Vu, Blaupunkt. hisense and the philips brands. i would want to pick one offering the best vfm as well as ASS. i am little hesitant buying online since i have no idea of how good the panels will be. suppose if i buy online from fk or amazon, will someone come from the company for installing the same and wall mount it ?
Vu premium/ultra/action & Hisense A71F/A73F have the same VA panel with above 400 nits of peak brightness. It is IMO the best budget panel. Vu is said to have better after sales than other small brands, so Vu ones would be my recommendation. My flatmate has Hisense A71F, it is indeed good, seemed as good as Panasonic GX750 that my parents have except for the colour shift at extreme viewing angles.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Vu premium/ultra/action & Hisense A71F/A73F have the same VA panel with above 400 nits of peak brightness. It is IMO the best budget panel. Vu is said to have better after sales than other small brands, so Vu ones would be my recommendation. My flatmate has Hisense A71F, it is indeed good, seemed as good as Panasonic GX750 that my parents have except for the colour shift at extreme viewing angles.
thanks. i guess, at this price point - good models from sony samsung and lg arent available.

vu seems little better than other chinese brands like mi tv and one plus, tcl etc. is there any specific model i need to look at ??

does philips sell any tv here that are in this budget ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
thanks. i guess, at this price point - good models from sony samsung and lg arent available.

vu seems little better than other chinese brands like mi tv and one plus, tcl etc. is there any specific model i need to look at ??

much much better and reliable than Chinese brands. Vu is an Indian Company :)

Philips, Nokia, Moto, etc apparently just license their name to Chinese companies to use on TVs.

Stick to the models I mentioned. Let me know if you see any better ones online.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Philips, Nokia, Moto, etc apparently just license their name to Chinese companies to use on TVs.

Stick to the models I mentioned. Let me know if you see any better ones online.
vu seems to be the only sensible option.

is there any noticable difference in their cinema and action tv

vu seems to be the only sensible option.

is there any noticable difference in their cinema and action tv
It is Vu Cinema Action TV:
Vu Cinema TV Action Series 138 cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Sound by JBL Online at best Prices In India

It just has better speakers over premium/ultra.

OP

123hero

In the zone
It is Vu Cinema Action TV:
Vu Cinema TV Action Series 138 cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Sound by JBL Online at best Prices In India

It just has better speakers over premium/ultra.
let me see if i can atleast see this in any shops. though i dont have any expectations.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Samsung 8 Series 138cm (55 Inch) Ultra HD 4K LED Smart TV (Multi Voice Assistant Supported, UA55AU8200KLXL, Titan Grey) Buy Samsung 8 Series 138cm (55 Inch) Ultra HD 4K LED Smart TV (Multi Voice Assistant Supported, UA55AU8200KLXL, Titan Grey) Online - Croma

How about this one? It has tizen os though.
Series seven is available at 62k and series 9 at 75k.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If I remember correctly, there was not much difference between Vu Cinema Action and Samsung 8200U model. Also, it seems Vu is hard to find in showrooms, so side by side comparison isn't possible. You need to rely on your memory.
Please ask about Samsung's dead pixel policy before paying premium amount for their sub-par panels. Otherwise save money and go with Vu.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Went to Vijay Sales yesterday.

The LG, Samsung and Sony panels are all looking brighter and crisper (and more expensive) than the TCL and Xiaomi TV ones.

Any particular reason why ??

Colors look pretty washed out and even poor than my current SONY BRAVIA 32" LED TV

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Panels quality in LG Samsung Sony are better which you obviously guessed it. VU has similar panel like Samsung. But you need to find VU brand showroom since other retailers don't seem to have VU TVs. Sony sits at the top in picture quality but also in price segment.

Went to Vijay Sales yesterday.

The LG, Samsung and Sony panels are all looking brighter and crisper (and more expensive) than the TCL and Xiaomi TV ones.

Any particular reason why ??

Colors look pretty washed out and even poor than my current SONY BRAVIA 32" LED TV
Because, they likely are. Vu/Hisense has the best budget panel under 40k.

@omega44-xt Your thoughts appreciated.
Excellent TV for the price, is a real FALD TV with QLED panel. It lacks eARC, I think, also no ALLM, but easily the best panel under 60k, even if you consider Samsung, LG & Sony. Also, there's no extended warranty option, so another con.
Review: Hisense U6G Review (50U6G, 55U6G, 65U6G, 75U6G)
Also check Vineet Malhotra in youtube.

khalil1210

In the zone
Do check for different sites and offline stores like Chroma, Vijayasales and Reliance Digital for Hisense as it has different warranty in different sites and offline

Top Bottom