Buying Advice : TV - 55 INCH

OP

123hero

In the zone
Went to Reliance Digital - saw this TV Amazon.in

priced at 56k.

honestly this one is way better than other LED tv and honestly, there isnt a INR 30k worth of a difference between SONY / LG.

is the HiSense TV similar to the one as the TCL ? the Hisense one has good reviews but unfortunately it isnt deliverable in my area.

a lot of folks online have mentioned that the speakers arent good and also issues with upscaling even of 1080p. We will be watching some channels from the cable as well.

TheSloth

The Slowest One

priced at 56k.

honestly this one is way better than other LED tv and honestly, there isnt a INR 30k worth of a difference between SONY / LG.

is the HiSense TV similar to the one as the TCL ? the Hisense one has good reviews but unfortunately it isnt deliverable in my area.

a lot of folks online have mentioned that the speakers arent good and also issues with upscaling even of 1080p. We will be watching some channels from the cable as well.
You need to ask the sales personnel to play the Setup box/cable content on the TV. If that is not possible then at least they should have 480p. 1080p content with them in some USB device to give a demo.

Yeah Sony always sells, hence the high cost. Sony does have slightly better picture quality.

Speakers won't be good in most the TVs. In my LG TV, the speaker just create so much noise that I never use them, I use 2.0 speakers. Only Sony has decent speakers even their mid-range TVs, LG and Samsung are only slightly bad comparatively. This should be personal preference, see how much you can compromise on this.

priced at 56k.

Hisense U6G is superior because of FALD. TCL brings low quality product lines to India in general compared to developed countries like US & EU.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Hisense U6G is superior because of FALD. TCL brings low quality product lines to India in general compared to developed countries like US & EU.
i think i will be going with the hisense QLED TV.

Flipkart shows it as undeliverable in my location and now bumped up the price to 64k.

*www.amazon.in/Hisense-inches-Certi...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== listing is there but it sold by some dawntech technologies which i havent about this seller. is it reliable.??

i think i will be going with the hisense QLED TV.

Flipkart shows it as undeliverable in my location and now bumped up the price to 64k.

*www.amazon.in/Hisense-inches-Certified-Android-55U6G/dp/B099K3F5D1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2NXRHXE0ESGG2&keywords=qled+55++hisense&qid=1643679303&sprefix=qled+55++hisens,aps,321&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzM1FOWVM0RVhBMlQ2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTc1NTI4VEZOSUtKWklQWFMzJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2ODQyMjgyUFhYUFFJWktXVDVSJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== listing is there but it sold by some dawntech technologies which i havent about this seller. is it reliable.??
Amazon at least has 3rd party extended warranty. The seller is Prime certified, so in a way you can trust, just make a full unboxing video of any high-value item to make your case if anything goes wrong.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Now HiSense have released other appliances as well in their website. They want to Capture the market fast.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Are there non android models available for the same android model? i.e. to say is it possible to buy a tv with no android but the same specs as of its android model?

OP

123hero

In the zone
Amazon at least has 3rd party extended warranty. The seller is Prime certified, so in a way you can trust, just make a full unboxing video of any high-value item to make your case if anything goes wrong.
How is this HiSense U6G as compared to Mi TV QLED from Xiaomi. Mi TV QLED 4k 138.8 cm (55)-@₹54,999

How is Hi Sense's ASS in general ??

TheSloth

The Slowest One
How is this HiSense U6G as compared to Mi TV QLED from Xiaomi. Mi TV QLED 4k 138.8 cm (55)-@₹54,999

Please mention which city you are in. That will help forum members to give better feedback if from your city/town. Apart from this, please check Hisense forums or other forum and find out if this particular model has any well known issue.

@rhitwick any idea about the Hisense After Sales Service?

OP

123hero

In the zone
Please mention which city you are in. That will help forum members to give better feedback if from your city/town. Apart from this, please check Hisense forums or other forum and find out if this particular model has any well known issue.

@rhitwick any idea about the Hisense After Sales Service?
I am in suburban Mumbai.

From what I heard, for after-sales it is like this IMO:
Samsung ~ LG ~ Sony > Vu > Big Chinese like Xiaomi, TCL, OP, Realme, etc > Small brands or ones like Philips which don't sell many TVs

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Vu has the best ASS much better than Mi, HiSense, Toshiba etc.
Samsung/LG/Sony were already leading the ASS due to big brand name and reach.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Whoa, now everyone has bumped up their price from 56k to 65k.

Is this due to the budget ?

What about buying online from Croma / Reliance Digital ? Do they also have sellers or is everything owned and fulfilled by them ?

Sorry I am a noob when buying expensive stuff online.

Whoa, now everyone has bumped up their price from 56k to 65k.

Is this due to the budget ?

What about buying online from Croma / Reliance Digital ? Do they also have sellers or is everything owned and fulfilled by them ?

Sorry I am a noob when buying expensive stuff online.
For Croma/Reliance, they have online stores. Likely you get it from their warehouse.

OP

123hero

In the zone
For Croma/Reliance, they have online stores. Likely you get it from their warehouse.
Will be buying the HiSense QLED.

Reviews seem very promising for its picture quality.

The only con is the sound quality & the lack of HDMI 2.1 eARC.

Now sound isn't terrible but it's seems it's poor compared to competition. I don't play games or use it as a monitor, home theater or anything of the sort, so that's also OK with me.

Is there any particular concern that I need to be aware of ?

Will be buying the HiSense QLED.

Reviews seem very promising for its picture quality.

The only con is the sound quality & the lack of HDMI 2.1 eARC.

Now sound isn't terrible but it's seems it's poor compared to competition. I don't play games or use it as a monitor, home theater or anything of the sort, so that's also OK with me.

Is there any particular concern that I need to be aware of ?
As I mentioned earlier, lack of an extended warranty was a concern when my friend bought it.

OP

123hero

In the zone
As I mentioned earlier, lack of an extended warranty was a concern when my friend bought it.
How big of a con it actually is.

I've been using SONY TVs since the past 15 years and never once in 15 years did we have any complaint with the TV or did we ever have to call anyone for service.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
How big of a con it actually is.

I've been using SONY TVs since the past 15 years and never once in 15 years did we have any complaint with the TV or did we ever have to call anyone for service.
The product quality of such old product is way higher than what today's electronic items have. Dont expect such life from any electronic item today. Maximum 5 yrs, after that it's all luck.
That's why we need extended warranty, for the peace of mind, but this is again personal preference. Try to get in touch with official Hisense seller, it should be possible in Mumbai and ask them if they offer extended warranty.

OP

123hero

In the zone
The product quality of such old product is way higher than what today's electronic items have. Dont expect such life from any electronic item today. Maximum 5 yrs, after that it's all luck.
That's why we need extended warranty, for the peace of mind, but this is again personal preference. Try to get in touch with official Hisense seller, it should be possible in Mumbai and ask them if they offer extended warranty.
HiSense doesnt sell anything themselves. Let me ask them.on twitter

Top Bottom