Buying Advice : TV - 55 INCH

OP

123hero

In the zone
IMO, no. You might be able to get a better-dedicated speaker or soundbar for 8k. Panels are the same, both have like 450nit HDR brightness at 100% window, which is good. Samsung entry-level TVs like AUE60/70 have 350 nits or so, but are good panels for sure. You can save some money by going for AUE60 as it just lacks voice control over AUE70.

Check Vineet Malhotra on youtube, only Indian TV reviewer who seem to try to give detailed review. Rest are bad for my standards. For international review, I prefer rtings.com.
View attachment 21297

Wil be buying the Vu TV California Premium.

How do I buy the extended warranty. ?

Flip kart shows "extended warranty by flipkart protect" and costs 2799

Is this the same ??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Is this the same ??
You will get email from Vu on extended warranty once you purchase the product and you can also call the Customer Care and they will happily give you extended warranty.

Zangetsu

Check Vineet Malhotra on youtube, only Indian TV reviewer who seem to try to give detailed review. Rest are bad for my standards. For international review, I
VM reviews are good but sometimes he exaggerates and claims that "you will not find the review I do in entire Youtube...." which is wrong.
Reading few tech specs of the device anyone can do a review in youtube and we do see such reviewers.

OP

123hero

In the zone
VM reviews are good but sometimes he exaggerates and claims that "you will not find the review I do in entire Youtube...." which is wrong.
Reading few tech specs of the device anyone can do a review in youtube and we do see such reviewers.
This is more or less the same with most Indian reviewers.

C4Etech used to be good before and they are usually against sponsored reviews, but been while since I watched their content and anyways they do not do much of TV /Laptop / other electronic gadget reviews.

IGyaan is also decent, but I suspect they have a slight iPhone bias.

I found such antics being done by many Indian YouTubers. At least I can get some useful information from Vineet's reviews compared to most others who review TVs in India. I get that rtings.com is too technical but I feel most Indian reviewers miss out on the technicality aspect, some technical info & testings should be done for a review.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Got the Vu California.

Folks at home are mighty impressed that a 37K has this good quality.

30W speakers is not the best sounding but definitely loud. I am keeping volume at 12 still it's loud.

Viewing angles are terrible beyond 50 degrees, but then this is a VA panel so can't complain.

Haven't tried SD channel yet

OP

123hero

In the zone
The guy from Jeeves came for installation.

He hasn't signed the warranty card as he said he isn't the Vu guy ? Should I get some confirmation from Flipkart ?

How to check warranty and stuff on Vu

Zangetsu

The guy from Jeeves came for installation.

He hasn't signed the warranty card as he said he isn't the Vu guy ? Should I get some confirmation from Flipkart ?

How to check warranty and stuff on Vu
Call Vu Customer care and give them your order details. Basically Vu should have your information with them so expect an email/call from Vu in next 2-3 days

vito scalleta

In the zone
Got the Vu California.

Folks at home are mighty impressed that a 37K has this good quality.

30W speakers is not the best sounding but definitely loud. I am keeping volume at 12 still it's loud.

Viewing angles are terrible beyond 50 degrees, but then this is a VA panel so can't complain.

Haven't tried SD channel yet

Is this the one that you have purchased ?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

Is this the same ??
Sorry for late reply.
If you haven't purchased warranty yet. Then go for this one.
GoWarranty.com
Coupons available on Amazon, Flipkart etc at discounted rates.
Not tried by me but tried by him (start at 23:00)

They are using their CEO in brand adverts, come on, at least pay some small time model :p

Seems like a promising TV though with a 4K 120Hz FALD panel, not sure on number of zones, 32 would be a good number:
*www.amazon.in/inches-Masterpiece-Android-55QMP-Armani/dp/B09TBCKPLF/

If its the same panel as HiSense U7G, would be good:
Hisense U7G Review (55U7G, 65U7G, 75U7G)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Damn, Vu is capturing high price segment market of Sony/Samsung & LG :)

50~60k price is decent for this model. 75k is overblown

Damn, Vu is capturing high price segment market of Sony/Samsung & LG :)

50~60k price is decent for this model. 75k is overblown
Hopefully some good reviewer reviews it soon. If it is indeed the panel from HiSense U7G, 75k is kind of justified. U7G has 72 dimming zones, thus putting that QLED TV in a different league compared to competition. Samsung, Sony or LG counterparts will be 100k+, so decent price savings. But not everyone will be comfortable buying a 75k Vu TV for sure, like Samsung Frame is a good alternative but without dimming zones & 2020 model is sometimes under 80k these days.

VU has been known to do strange things. Once it made a TV with inbuilt Mac Mini. It was on order and priced a bit above than usual. The Mac mini was disassembled and then placed in unit.

She wanted to be model but parents forced her to become ceo.
I have nothing against her. If Vu continues bringing good products at good prices & expand their service network, good for consumers.

Let's see how their latest launch is. If it is the same panel as U7G & in the future sells for about 60k, it will be a great option.

Top Bottom