Buying Advice : TV - 55 INCH

OP

123hero

In the zone
Is the HiSense QLED U6G 55 inch a good buy at 60k ?

Last week it was price 57k and suddenly price shot up to 65K and now it's at 60k.

Will it be available at croma physical store if it's available on their online store

Is the HiSense QLED U6G 55 inch a good buy at 60k ?

Last week it was price 57k and suddenly price shot up to 65K and now it's at 60k.

Will it be available at croma physical store if it's available on their online store
It is good, as mentioned earlier.

Likely not available at offline stores.

If you can stretch your budget, this is a great deal from Samsung, no FALD though:
SAMSUNG The Frame 2020 Series 138 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

Samsung The Frame 2020 vs Hisense U6G Side-by-Side TV Comparison

OP

123hero

In the zone
It is good, as mentioned earlier.

Likely not available at offline stores.

If you can stretch your budget, this is a great deal from Samsung, no FALD though:
SAMSUNG The Frame 2020 Series 138 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

Samsung The Frame 2020 vs Hisense U6G Side-by-Side TV Comparison
Would like to, buy money is tight. Can't help it this time.

Croma is showing some extended warranty, i think it is cromas warranty and not the manufacturer one. Is this worth purchasing ?

*www.croma.com/hisense-u6g-139cm-55...MI8_jvn9nn9QIV45NmAh2sfQQAEAQYASABEgI0RvD_BwE

Flipkart seller is Omni Retail (is this their sister concern) ??

Would like to, buy money is tight. Can't help it this time.

Croma is showing some extended warranty, i think it is cromas warranty and not the manufacturer one. Is this worth purchasing ?

*www.croma.com/hisense-u6g-139cm-55...MI8_jvn9nn9QIV45NmAh2sfQQAEAQYASABEgI0RvD_BwE

Flipkart seller is Omni Retail (is this their sister concern) ??
Maybe just get the cheap Vu 4K 55"with extended warranty. In case something goes wrong after 3 years, not much of a hit to wallet. Good value at 38k - 2k right now, few thousands extra for warranty.

ankushv

Journeyman
Vu 43 in bu113 model , 4k failed twice in two years , third year after extended warranty failed leds went kaput . Got them replaced from outside vu for 4k total . Vu wanted 1k just to visit my home . Won't buy vu again .

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Vu 43 in bu113 model , 4k failed twice in two years , third year after extended warranty failed leds went kaput . Got them replaced from outside vu for 4k total . Vu wanted 1k just to visit my home . Won't buy vu again .

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
My parent's Panasonic TV had dead pixel at purchase, took a few months to get a working replacement (some defective panels were sent), they had to upgrade the TV & asked for 6k which my parents paid. I was against it. Then there was some issue with TV turning off automatically, which needed a mobo replacement. All this happened in 1 year, hence had to buy 2 year extended warranty for 12k.

Also my relative's Panasonic TV developed lines on panel after 3 years.

Personally, I never considered Panasonic worthy, just buy LG, Samsung or Sony instead, but even those have some horror stories as my parent's old TV was a sony its mobo had to be replaced after 1 year, it had turning off issues a few months from purchasing & Sony's fix apparently was a stop gap.

I feel there are such stories from all brands, sometimes you are just unlucky. I won't be buying a Panasonic in future (they are getting killed by small companies & can't compete with big 3), but with a good deal, open to considering Sony.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Maybe just get the cheap Vu 4K 55"with extended warranty. In case something goes wrong after 3 years, not much of a hit to wallet. Good value at 38k - 2k right now, few thousands extra for warranty.
Which model are you referring to ?

Vu Cinema Action ??

Which model are you referring to ?

Vu Cinema Action ??
Vu cinema has inbuilt soundbar, else Vu premium or ultra. All have same panels, including Hisense A71F & A73F. But 36k was Vu premium in amazon. It is now 37k, same as FK:
Amazon.in
Get based on best offer, like CC discounts help.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Vu cinema has inbuilt soundbar, else Vu premium or ultra. All have same panels, including Hisense A71F & A73F. But 36k was Vu premium in amazon. It is now 37k, same as FK:
Amazon.in
Thank you !!

Now running into even more weirder issues. Folks at home dont seem OK for the Vu TV at 37k thinking it may be too bad and want to buy a Sony one in the 55k-60k range.

Are there good models from Sony in that budget ??

How do I convince folks at home. Don't want them to yell at me 3 yrs later incase the TV goes kaput.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^Placebo effect of a Brand name.

See if you get a Mid-Range Sony TV within 60k and tell them it can also go bad in future with more repair cost than a Vu TV.
Show them all the youtube reviews of Vu brand.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^+1
Sony isn't immune to faults either. And the repair costs are very high too. Still the after sales service should be better than VU. You will always find the slight difference between that Sony is always better than other brands but is it really worth paying extra 15K-30K for similar segment TVs? You need to ask this to yourself and see what answer you get.

If you buy VU, use for 2-3 days and if you like TV and would like to keep it for at least 5yrs, then buy the extended warranty. Otherwise exchange this VU for some newer model later down the line.

Personal opinion is not to spend too much on TV since the none of these consumer products are built to last. I was buying the TV few months back, saw that Sony X80J has better pic quality than LG UP80 series but I just could not pay 25K+ for such a small upgrade in pic quality, also knowing these TVs won't last long. I bought LG and got extended warranty till 5yrs. So you need to decide where you can make compromises and be at peace with your purchase.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
well we have used a Sony tv from 2008 to 2021 withour any issues ever except with the remote in 2019 iirc. don't know how is there quality now.
regarding service, the fellow who was supposed to demonstrate called me up and i kept delaying it as i was waiting for dth whose stb was not in stock. finally he was asked to come after 25 days and he came then.
someone known to me got his sony tv (after 7-8 years of purchase) repaired for some 525/-, 500 being service charge of the visit.
another service experience is of a Sony projector (out of warranty) in my office for which i asked the service engineer who came to site to see and understand the issue. then since the model was old and they didn't had any info on it, he tried and checked with a lot of service centres to get some info and finally it was repaired. after an year it again malfunctioned and he again came to see it.
so naturally i'll be inclined towards a sony unless there are many issues nowadays in terms of quality and service.

Thank you !!

Now running into even more weirder issues. Folks at home dont seem OK for the Vu TV at 37k thinking it may be too bad and want to buy a Sony one in the 55k-60k range.

Are there good models from Sony in that budget ??

How do I convince folks at home. Don't want them to yell at me 3 yrs later incase the TV goes kaput.
As I mentioned earlier, my Sony TV did go kaput just after a year. Like in 2008, 6-7k for a mobo replacement for a 26k TV isn't small. You won't get a 55" 4K TV from Sony for 60k.

OP

123hero

In the zone
As I mentioned earlier, my Sony TV did go kaput just after a year. Like in 2008, 6-7k for a mobo replacement for a 26k TV isn't small. You won't get a 55" 4K TV from Sony for 60k.
Is this a good one ?

*www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/aue70-uhd-4k-smart-tv-2021-55-inch-ua55aue70aklxl/

Or are the Vu TV better

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Is this a good one ?

*www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/aue70-uhd-4k-smart-tv-2021-55-inch-ua55aue70aklxl/

Or are the Vu TV better
I think @bubusam13 has this Samsung TV. If yes, then you can get feedback from them.
This Samsung TV is between 50-55K. VU Cinema Action will cost you less than 50K with slightly better picture and sound quality.

bubusam13

Human
I got the 58 inch one at less than 50K(Includes cashback + bank offer non EMI) from Samsung official shop. I went to a shop to compare and found 58 inch perfect size for me, not small like 55, nor bulkier like 65.

Coming to the TV performance, I am very much satisfied with the picture quality and sound. The only complaint I have is I feel brightness is a bit low but considering how flat the TV is, it's OK.

Please note that this is not an Android TV but Smart TV. You will have all the apps required for watching content. It will not hang like an Android TV. But you will also not have Play Store.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Amazon.in
Is it worth spending an 8K more on Vu Cinema Action over the Vu Premium ??

Is it worth spending an 8K more on Vu Cinema Action over the Vu Premium ??
IMO, no. You might be able to get a better-dedicated speaker or soundbar for 8k. Panels are the same, both have like 450nit HDR brightness at 100% window, which is good. Samsung entry-level TVs like AUE60/70 have 350 nits or so, but are good panels for sure. You can save some money by going for AUE60 as it just lacks voice control over AUE70.

Check Vineet Malhotra on youtube, only Indian TV reviewer who seem to try to give detailed review. Rest are bad for my standards. For international review, I prefer rtings.com.
1644377254196.png

Top Bottom