buying a new pc please help.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohnishgs

powering up
can anyone suggest me two configurations for a new pc, one the best possible configuration for 35k and another the best possible config with easily available parts for the same price...................i'll be using my pc for moderate gaming, surfing, 3d modelling, movies, music and the other usual stuff

p.s. i dont want to go for a quad core processor, i'll gladly settle for a good dual core instead of quad

Last edited:
OP
Mohnishgs

Mohnishgs

powering up
it maybe out in a week but since i live in a town i doubt it'll be available for another 2 to 3 months, thats why i also asked for a easily available config

spidy333

Broken In
Phenom II 920 might cost around 12k unless AMD releases them at a different price price in India ($235USD) and a good board might cost 5-6k. But I doubt their availability.. some where I read that they wont be out until Feb 4 but retailers can take preorders from today...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
forget about it's availability.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106184

There is going to be serious price cuts from Intel, mainly on core2quad and most probably, you will see Q9xxx inside 10k price point. coz phenom II 940 has become serious threat to Q9xxx intel quad core processors.

spidy333

Broken In
The pricing of Phenom II is not good in India. The 2.8Ghz version which is still competing with Q6600 although it performs better than Q6600 is priced at 13-14k whereas 3.0Ghz version is priced around 15-16k.

So I dont think there gonna be any price slashes from India like the way you are expecting... might be some 1k decrease or something like that.. There is absolutely no need for Intel to push the Q9xxx series below 10k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom