Buying A Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Dell malaysia delivered to me in 3 days............india is awfull........I got my inspiroin for a total of 95k......
Firstly you buy expensive .......then you get horrendous delivery dates........
Even in the US the delivery is something like 2 weeks ............

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Dell has a major assembly plant in Malaysia. Even when you order from Dell India, the product comes from the Malaysia plant. Even a lot of components used in their US systems come from Malaysia. That is why you got it this quick from Malaysia. You got it from where Dell makes most of its computers :D

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
They told me that system was arrived on 26th may.
Here we go
Malaysia-Bangalore ---- 3Days
Bangalore-Rajasthan ------ depends on sales person (in my case 17 Days)

sumitava_b

In the zone
Outside India everything goes fine. But whenever something reaches India, every sort of problem starts to rise. For the laptop to reach Rajasthan from Bangalore u r still counting the days. I Love My India.

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
Hi Guys
Finally I received my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000) yesterday :D & i just

wanted to let you people know that its just awesome :shock: . its performance is

superb & the speakers just rocks :lol: . i will post its full review in few

days.
:p
I6000 | ATi Radeon x300-64MB VRAM | Pentium M 1.6 | 15.4 WXGA|512MB |80GB 5400rpm | NEC 8X DVD | DELL 802.11 B/G | XP Home with SP2 | 512 MB DDR2

suave_guy

pedal to metal
gr8 darshan...

i'm also getting dell inspiron 6000 on 13th of july, so how's the screen quality?

does this widescreen looks cool...

and how's the overall look of the laptop...

does it looks sleek?

ENjoy...

sumitava_b

In the zone
Congrats Darshan !! Nice to hear ur first review although brief! Looks like u got so busy with ur new lappy that u dent get time to write more about ur cute machine. Looking for ur elaborated review....Anyway, is ur avatar the pic of ur new lappy?

So at last they kept their promise as to deliver on 13th June. Do they deliver only on 13th of any month?? suave_guy is also got 13th date.

I got elated to know that the speaker of ur ins6000 is performing great because recently I was getting some bad review about the dell speakers.

:?: yesterday I read that A DVD writer may not be able to write CD unless it's a super drive. Is it true? Please anyone clear my doubt.

super_i_man

Broken In
Finally your thread made it! From the first post to the last its a complete life cycle. So finally the Dell is in your hands. Congrats for that. Waiting for the Review and pics.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@sumitava: No, Dell does not have a fixed delivery date of the 13th of every month. And suave is not getting it from Dell India so let's keep him out :D

rohanbee

Padawan
The speakers on my dell 9300 are quite amazing too............usually i keep them at less than 1/2 the output.........
still abroad........
will write review soon........
good to see so many dell afficianados.....maybe we should start a club or something

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hii guyz
can any one suggest me a gud lappy under 60k?basically i'll be playing loads of games,surfing,movies...i want atleast 15''inch screen...i know my budget is quite less for all those things but still if any one can help me out then plz i'll b thankful.centrino 1.5 min,40-60GB hdd,512ram,CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo.and yaa i'll like to hav a card for it and it wont be included in 60k i'll buy it seperatly.so temme sum gpu for lappy from cheapest to mid range and if possible then plz wid model and price.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
eva i thought of going for a DELL Inspiron 6000 but afta few changes it was going beyond my budget.i neva thought nor i m a any fan of ACER and have any idea bout it but dun mav much choice wat u guyz hav to say bout ACER TravelMate 4150?it will cost me bout 47k includin taxes.or i can get a betta lappy then that of acer plz suggest me.. ..
thanx in advance...

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aniruddh, what changes r u thinking about? because, dell ins6000 is fulfilling ur reqs as far as mentioned in ur 1st mail. Only for card, it will cross the limit, obviously.

Acer TM 4150 is a budget lappie. It is never meant for high-end application like ram-hungry games and all, which u wud be doing as u mentioned. And support of acer is one of the worst. So think over it. Somewhere I heard that every acer model is very much expected to get one or many problems in initial days. As far as support is concerned, which is one of the most important aspect of laptop, Dell is smashing...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
IMO, 60k is NOT enough if you want gaming performance out of a laptop. You will either have to stretch your budget by a long way or go for a low-end system and compromise gaming performance. BTW, what kind of games are you looking to play on your laptop?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@sumitava_b,Nemesis thanks a lot.
i kno nemesis budget is my biggest problem but wont get more then dat from dad so cant help it but now i hav got a betta idea...
well i guess now i can get a gud dell lappy for a very gud price.my sister is going to US and one of my cousin is in US and i hav asked her for the details for lappy and she said eva there Dell is No.1 and she'll find out all the detail and will let me kno.but still i want to ask u guyz that which one is shud opt?for sum where around 1300$ that means around 60-65k i can get a very gud config there so plz suggest me that i shud go for customized dell lappy or any other brand?i dun hav much idea so need ur help.and temme if i buy from aboard then i m gonna get service in india or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom