Buying A Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Well i always said it was good and reliable but mr.darshan has a opinion to the contrary and it is to do with delivery times...............which can go wrong with any one including the vendors in our own towns.

sumitava_b

In the zone
er.darshan, it seems that dell india is offering a Rs. 3000 reduction on inspiron 6000. This started from the last few days of this month. R u getting the benefit also? I know u have already paid.

Hope one day dell will introduce some kind of rebate coupon in india too....

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
rohanbee said:
er.darshan said:
Very congrate to both of you sumitava_b & rohanbee. after spending 80K I am very eager to get my lappy in my hand but after many reminders today Dell rep mailed me that i will get it in 2nd week of June...that is very bad as i saw on Order watch on their site that it is out of manufacturing unit on 23 May.
After buying now it is the time to tweak the hardware...what do you suggest about Omega drivers for ATi & overclocking the GPU.

Man thats awfull !!! :cry: :evil: Though i think it does take around 2 weeks but that makes it more than three. Why dont you tell the sales rep. about it and in the mean time send an e-mail to Dell (usa) regarding poor customer care in dell india. Make sure you get the lappy first.

Yeah! I talked to Dell CS rep & he told me that they mention the date with some extra time so that in worst case i will get it earlier than 2 nd week of June....

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
sumitava_b said:
er.darshan, it seems that dell india is offering a Rs. 3000 reduction on inspiron 6000. This started from the last few days of this month. R u getting the benefit also? I know u have already paid.

Hope one day dell will introduce some kind of rebate coupon in india too....

Thanx for your concern.... i also saw on their site & talked to Dell CS Rep but he told me that he cant avail me this as the Lappy is now out from man. unit......I think it will take 1-2 years as they started coupan system in NZ & Aus last year only.

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
when i will get my lappy...how can i check its WIFI connectivity as i dont hav ant wifi spot here & is there any software or BM to check it..

sumitava_b

In the zone
Can it be possible to upgrade the vram of Inspiron6000 to 256MB Nvidia® GeForceTM 6800 Go or any other graphics card better than ATI Radeon X300?

If yes, how much will I need to pay extra?

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
sumitava_b said:
Can it be possible to upgrade the vram of Inspiron6000 to 256MB Nvidia® GeForceTM 6800 Go or any other graphics card better than ATI Radeon X300?

If yes, how much will I need to pay extra?
You can always upgrade PCIe based X300 64 to 128..but at present it is not clear if we can switch to GF6800...you can find all the details about the hadware modification in Inspiron on www.notebookforums.com

rohanbee

Padawan
Well i asked Dell the same thing!! unfortunately they only seem to be interested in replying if you confirm order. I confirmed my order too !!
The whole package seems to have come around 96000/- for the inspiron 9300.............
hope its worth it. Even there they have given me a 2 week date..........

sumitava_b

In the zone
rohanbee said:
Well i asked Dell the same thing!! unfortunately they only seem to be interested in replying if you confirm order. I confirmed my order too !!
The whole package seems to have come around 96000/- for the inspiron 9300.............
hope its worth it. Even there they have given me a 2 week date..........

Rohan, I knew that Dell is giving 6800 vcard with Inspi9300. Thats why I asked whether with inspi6000, they r upgrading the vcard to it or not?

One little thing, Rohan, how many laptop r u buying simultaneously? One from abroad, one from dell india.... :shock: :) :)

Pragna

Broken In
Laptop Buying Problems

Hello Guys ( Sorry I am new Here Please Bear With Me )

I am thinking of buying a laptop from America and i think i have some configurations which accepts my taste.I wanted a Intel Processor with HT more than 3.4Ghz, 512DDR Ram, 17 inch LCD panel, 40Gb Hard disk, a double layer support dvd writer, 256Mb Graphics Card, 56k modem, LAN Card, and all other specifications of a laptop usually which is accustomed.

I also wanted to know that is there any AMD Processor equal to Intel pentium 4 processor 3.4GHz because if there is i would accept the AMD procesor compared to Intel.

I also wanted to ask that if there is ant website where can i customize my laptop according to my needs and the configuration i have given u top, i got that from compaq website with a cost of !700$ and i am asking whether it is a good price to spend that much on a laptop and i want a laptop of that configuration.
So please help me guys i am very confused !!!!!!!!!! Confused

Guys i need a laptop and i want a palce where i can customize my laptop other than dell and compaq please help me

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
Pragna...you are lucky enough to buy it from USA, so loads of options are there for you. you can give a look on Toshiba M40 or Sony VAIO VGN-FS15GP but Dell Inspiron XPS(P4 HT 3.4GHz) or XPS Gen2 suits your config best. you can go for Apple powerbook M9689SA/A also.

Pragna

Broken In
Thanks darshan

Thanks darshan for the advice but i found out that dell is offering is intel mobile processor and i wanted intel pentium 4 processor and it is not providing me with any graphics card as i wanted and the thing about sony viao is that u cannot configure for yourself and about apple i am not that much interested in Mac operating systems as i do not know it correctly.

Anyway thanks for the advice :D

sumitava_b

In the zone
Pragna, u can go for pentium 4 processor if u need a power-monster in ur laptop. Really it is a monster. It performs like a horse as well as eats ur battery life hard too. :wink: So think about it.

premrajeev

Journeyman
also consider amd's 64 bit mobile processors..donno wether it's available with dell or not...well with ibm,it's available ,donno abt 64bit,but athlon series,but not a good spec alltogether..we have to wait some more time till amd's gets popular in the lappy segment too..

sumitava_b

In the zone
Although AMD is giving a tough time to Intel in desktop section, but it is not yet getting a real crack in laptop section. Sempron is running little bit good only.

AMD 64bit plus IBM--------it will be heavily priced, I suppose. I am going to search for it.............

plasmafire

Journeyman
hey guys
If i am to go for a lappy that is sleek and light, has a good screen, light on battery.. which should i buy?

post a pic plz.. it has to be aesthetic..i want it to make presentations mainly.

sumitava_b

In the zone
plasmafire said:
hey guys
If i am to go for a lappy that is sleek and light, has a good screen, light on battery.. which should i buy?

post a pic plz.. it has to be aesthetic..i want it to make presentations mainly.

plasmafire, u r doing the same mistake........Before asking for advice about lappy, first mention ur BUDGET :roll: . It is more important for ur case as u r asking for ultraportable ones which r on the costlier side.....

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
Hi guys
i am still waiting for the laptop
dell ppl told me that due to mistake of sales person they will deliver it on 13th
I hate waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom