Buying A Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
sumitava_b said:
@er.darshan, Ophhhsss...thats quite a well research u did. How ever a little personal question (others please excuse me :p ), have u alraedy bought a laptop? You were, by latest, talking about a dell inspi6000 with modifications. what about that?

Dear friend sumitava_b
I have placed d order for DELL Inspiron 6000 with following config:

Pentium M 730-1.6GHz/ XP Home SP2 / 15.4" XGA / ATi radeon mobility X300 with 64 MB VRAM / 512MB Shared DDR2 533MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMs) / 80GB Hard Drive / 10/100 Network Card / Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 B/G, 54mbps) / 8x CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) dual layer / 6 cell lithium ion battery (*65Whr)
I will get it in 2-3 days.... :lol:

And for taking the buying decision I did a lot of research(!) :idea: & from that i could compile these tips from various Laptop forums to help our DIGIT friends. I will post more stuff like this in near future.

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
sumitava_b said:
Rohan, have u got a quotation for 9300 from dellindia? If yes, can u please post it here?

Hi Rohan
I ordered I6000 on 14may, but there was some prob with credit card so payment was made on 20 May & now i got info that on 24th it has been shipped.. now i am eagerly waiting for my first Lappy :lol:

sumitava_b

In the zone
er.darshan said:
Dear friend sumitava_b
I have placed d order for DELL Inspiron 6000 with following config:

Pentium M 730-1.6GHz/ XP Home SP2 / 15.4" XGA / ATi radeon mobility X300 with 64 MB VRAM / 512MB Shared DDR2 533MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMs) / 80GB Hard Drive / 10/100 Network Card / Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 B/G, 54mbps) / 8x CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) dual layer / 6 cell lithium ion battery (*65Whr)
I will get it in 2-3 days.... :lol:

er.darshan: thats a perfect combination of inspi6000 at Rs. 80535 all total(Is it correct including taxes and all?). Just one more curiosity, is X300 the limit to upgrade the vram in 6000. Can it be upgraded more, like to GeForceFX 5900XT?

rohanbee

Padawan
sumitava_b said:
Rohan, have u got a quotation for 9300 from dellindia? If yes, can u please post it here?

Hi sumiatava, darshan, No the surprising thing is that i have not even been contacted till now !! :twisted: very weird.

sumitava_b said:
er.darshan: thats a perfect combination of inspi6000 at Rs. 80535 all total(Is it correct including taxes and all?). Just one more curiosity, is X300 the limit to upgrade the vram in 6000. Can it be upgraded more, like to GeForceFX 5900XT?

Dude unfortunately Dell has the worst site in india. There are not just enough upgrades available. Also the deals that you get abroad are really phenomenol. Wonder why :?

Anyways i am getting mine from singapore now in the price they are giving in india for 10,000 more

:arrow: i can get upgraded to 80gb sata hard drive +

:arrow: nvidia 6800 gpu graphics card

:arrow: Higher processor 1.8ghz

:arrow: bluetooth enabled

:arrow: 1gb ram

What do think about this deal guys??

sumitava_b

In the zone
Rohan, I went to the Dell singapore site and searched for 6000. Found every upgrade U mentioned but nvidia 6800 gpu graphics card option. :eek:

One thing caught me offguerd in that site, which is their currency "S$". Can you tell me the equivalency in INR? Without it, I cant compare them. :(

:?: Will u be able to get the dell support from india once u get one from singapore?

rohanbee

Padawan
No no it doesn't matter. Rarely do things go wrong + im getting it from malaysia........(already ordered). Going to cost me around 95k but compaed to the indian version which costs 91k approx this one will be a mean machine unlike its indian counterpart.

Singapore $ is around 28.rs..............Check and see what dell offeres over there.......

I will be doing a review of my new laptop after i get back from abroad on the 20th.
cheers!!!

sumitava_b

In the zone
rohanbee said:
Going to cost me around 95k but compaed to the indian version which costs 91k approx this one will be a mean machine unlike its indian counterpart.

"A mean machine"??? ooops, sorry, didnt understand. Can u give some specs to explain?

rohanbee

Padawan
Well ok...........i gotta rest after this. Have fever.
its
:arrow: 1.86 GHz, 2MB Cache, 533 MHz FSB
:arrow: Integrated Stereo Sound with Subwoofer
:arrow: 17" UltraSharp(TM) Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife(TM): 1920x1200
:arrow: 1024MB (2 X 512MB) 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM
:arrow: Dell(TM) Optical USB Mouse
:arrow: 80GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
:arrow: Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
:arrow: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g 54Mbps MiniPCI Wireless Card
:arrow: 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) Go 6800
:arrow: Regional Support Within Asia Pacific Countries For Notebooks With 1 Yr NBD

sumitava_b

In the zone
Pheewwww....Congrats, Rohan on going to have such a super lappy. :p

I am also ready to lighten my bank balance by around 80K for a good lappy, but unfortunately what I am getting in India has half of ur specs!! :cry: :cry: Bad enough, right now, I cant go abroad to buy a lappy like u :( . I have to manage something from dellindia :cry: :cry:

Have a nice time there :wink:

rohanbee

Padawan
I could get one for you too.............
But i guess it would be too much of a risk for both you and me.......
so hopefully you too will get a good deal over here.

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
Very congrate to both of you sumitava_b & rohanbee. after spending 80K I am very eager to get my lappy in my hand but after many reminders today Dell rep mailed me that i will get it in 2nd week of June...that is very bad as i saw on Order watch on their site that it is out of manufacturing unit on 23 May.
After buying now it is the time to tweak the hardware...what do you suggest about Omega drivers for ATi & overclocking the GPU.

Delta

Journeyman
Hey I wanna buy a Laptop. My budget is 50k. pls suggest me one. I want to replace my old pc. So, suggest me p4 laps also. Thanx in advance!!!

OP
E

er.darshan

Broken In
Delta said:
Hey I wanna buy a Laptop. My budget is 50k. pls suggest me one. I want to replace my old pc. So, suggest me p4 laps also. Thanx in advance!!!

Delta,
you can buy Compaq HP or Acer... Dell also starts from 55K. You can consider Toshiba P4 Laptop which can be yours in 52K. You can go through The tips to buy Laptops on previous page..

sumitava_b

In the zone
Delta said:

Acer Travelmate wud be a good option 4 u if u want it as replacement for pc. For this u have to expand ur budget a little (by 5-7K :) ). If its a prob for u, go for aspire series. They r real cheap and value for money too. But still u wont get a replacement for pc in those models.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
@Delta
I am using COmpaq 2200 series for the past 8 months and am very much satisfied with the performance. Plus if gives good valu for money. Available in delhi for 36k now.
Config: Cel M 1.3, 256MB, 40GB, CDRW/DVD Combo, 15" TFT, 3.5hrs battery backup

:)

rohanbee

Padawan
er.darshan said:
Very congrate to both of you sumitava_b & rohanbee. after spending 80K I am very eager to get my lappy in my hand but after many reminders today Dell rep mailed me that i will get it in 2nd week of June...that is very bad as i saw on Order watch on their site that it is out of manufacturing unit on 23 May.
After buying now it is the time to tweak the hardware...what do you suggest about Omega drivers for ATi & overclocking the GPU.

Man thats awfull !!! :cry: :evil: Though i think it does take around 2 weeks but that makes it more than three. Why dont you tell the sales rep. about it and in the mean time send an e-mail to Dell (usa) regarding poor customer care in dell india. Make sure you get the lappy first.

sumitava_b

In the zone
It's confusing me. Everywhere i heard that Dell India support is good and reliable (compared to hp or acer support). Now u r telling that its pretty bad to get things without delay.

Please clarify me what assumption I should take for dell india support. Is it reliable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom