As the title says, I wanna buy a mobo and CPU or APU @ 15k

My current config is :
Intel Core2Duo E7400 @ 2.8Ghz
4 Gb 1333 Mhz ram
XFX Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 GFX
VIP 400W Gold PSU
Digilite G41 mobo
21 inch monitor, 1440x900

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Ill be playing games like Far cry 3, Watch DOgs, Gta V, Saints row the fourth, Arkham Origins..

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K Max 16k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Only if needed

8. When are you planning to buy the components?
Ans: Preferably Before 20th July.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Panjim, Goa. I would prefer buying online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Do you guys think i should wait for the CPU prices to come down?
Cuz after two months the price of Intel i5 3570k on FLipkart increased by 3k :O

Also, My PSU is new, Bought it a week ago.

Do you guys think i should go for the AMD a10-6800k processor?
Or an i5?
My budget is tight, so im preferring AMD since it has an integrated gfx which i can crossfire with my 6570 and wont need to spend extra cash on a new GFX.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you're talking about Hybrid CrossfireX. But the problem is that current drivers from AMD is not at all optimized to handle the Crossfire between a IGPU of an APU and a dedicated card like yours. Only two to three games show minimal improvements in performance but most of the games actually do have negative impact.

I think you should get a powerful GPU an PSU and sell of your current PSU + GPU combination.

AT a budget of 15K, HD 7790 from Sapphire @ 10.7K and Antec VP450 PSU @ 2.8K will be the best choice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op should sell his current current cpu+mobo+gfx card for 6k to make the budget 22k and get these :

FX 4100 @ 5.8k - great VFM
ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 @ 2.8k
Sapphire HD 7790 @ 11k
Corsair VS450 @ 2.3k

Total : 21.9k and the 100 bucks for the config suggestion ;-)

ankush28

Bazinga
Main gaming performence depends upon graphic card mostly so upgrade graphic card first if u just want gaming

OP
A

Assassin05

Right off the assembly line
Or right now im in a hurry, I have decided to buy an APU a10-6800k to couple it with my 6570, and the new "heartbeat" drivers are releasing at the end of the month, So im hoping it will add support for more games.

I'm not considering selling as its very time consuming , at least here in goa , and selling it on e-bay will prove too much of a hassle to ship the product(s)

So, I have decided to buy the APU 6800k ,
and if i ever sell my old CPU and Mobo, i will Buy a new GFX.

I'm not that much of an hardcore gamer. I just wanna play all the games at 1400x900 res @ medium.

My HD 6570 has performed quite well , giving me 60 fps @ High Black ops 2, 30-40 fps on low Crysis 3 , and 25-35 fps on medium crysis 3.

Remember me is giving me 40-50 fps on medium.
Im considering sticking to this GFX for a few more months , till i can save up some Cash.

Do u think its a good decision?

Or should i buy an i5 and a motherboard for 16k? I will not be able to buy a GFX in the future if i do this :/

Cilus

laborare est orare
Or right now im in a hurry, I have decided to buy an APU a10-6800k to couple it with my 6570, and the new "heartbeat" drivers are releasing at the end of the month, So im hoping it will add support for more games.

I'm not considering selling as its very time consuming , at least here in goa , and selling it on e-bay will prove too much of a hassle to ship the product(s)

So, I have decided to buy the APU 6800k ,
and if i ever sell my old CPU and Mobo, i will Buy a new GFX.

I'm not that much of an hardcore gamer. I just wanna play all the games at 1400x900 res @ medium.

My HD 6570 has performed quite well , giving me 60 fps @ High Black ops 2, 30-40 fps on low Crysis 3 , and 25-35 fps on medium crysis 3.

Remember me is giving me 40-50 fps on medium.
Im considering sticking to this GFX for a few more months , till i can save up some Cash.

Do u think its a good decision?

Or should i buy an i5 and a motherboard for 16k? I will not be able to buy a GFX in the future if i do this :/

If you are really up to change the CPU + Motherboard and getting a new powerful GPU later then no point of getting A10-6800K as you won't get any noticiable performance improvement as the YGPU of 6800K is slightly powerful than 6570.
Either get a Quad Core CPU + Motherboard as Topgear suggested or get a powerful GPU as I suggested earlier.

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
hd7790 gpu 11k
corsair vs450 smps 2.5k
coolermaster hyper tx3 evo cpu heatsink 1.5k
and overclock your current cpu, you can easily overclock it to 3.5ghz

~15k total

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think OP should spend 400 bucks extra and get the Antec VP450 PSU instead of Corsair VS series.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Main gaming performence depends upon graphic card mostly so upgrade graphic card first if u just want gaming

more and more games are getting optimized for a multicore cpus nowadays so getting a quad core cpu makes more sense.

@tg typo? FX4300?

not a typo ;-) FX 4100 is 5.8k and FX 4300 is 6.6k so for people who are in tight budget getting a FX 4100 for pure gaming purpose makes more sense.

Top Bottom