Buying a Canon 500D at eBay (is it safe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Buying a Canon 500D (Rebel T1i)

Hi guys I am planning to buy a Canon 500D DSLR camera.

The local price in Dehradun is 51500 Rs
The lowest price on ebay.in is 44800 Rs
The lowest price on ebay.com is 800 USD = 39000 Rs (shipping to india)

I am new to ebay and want to buy from the lowest price but am unsure.
Is it safe to buy from ebay?

I have some more specific questions if any of you guys can help me with:
Questions
1) Can they safely ship to India, Anyone got electronics from ebay from sellers abroad
2) Do you know if canon Warranty would covers India when bought from there? Listing on ebay says 2 Year extended would that be applicable here?

Thanks a lot guys, and for those wondering It was really hard to choose between Nikon D5000 and Canon 500D

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Normally, eBay sellers with a large number of feedback and a high percentage of positives are reliable.

You might also consider buying from J.J.Mehta & Sons in Mumbai. These people are well known in the Indian photography community and I've bought from them (I'm much farther away from Mumbai than you are).

They list a Canon 500D at 48k including a 4GB SD card and camera bag. Prices may have dropped - I ordered a Nikon D90 for a friend and was pleasantly surprised to get it at a substantially lower price than their online list price.

I don't think it's adviseable to have it sent to India from outside. Too much risk of its getting lost or damaged in transit or having it seized by customs.

Last edited:
OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Thank a lot guys but I have done some research and am able to get a price of 47000 from dehradun itself. I dont want to risk buying from ebay as the difference is less now.

I am going totally mad with anticipation. just waiting for price from another shop. Hopefully I can get a better deal. :)

Any of you guys DSLR owners? I am new to the field and want to become a enthusiast photographer.

Also do you know if a 2x Telephoto lens will be good with the standard 18-55mm lens?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ 500D is exellent for beginners , it has learn mode too . will post more info later .

I suggust you get a wide lens too , it will be really helpful

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

I want to but I am waiting to my hands on the camera first :)

Final price I am getting is 47500 Rs with 2 year warranty for the standard kit(18-55mm) from Creative Arts(Connaught place, dehradun)

Note: Be sure to say no to the offer with freebies they are crap and makes then give u less discounts.

(I hope i lived in Delhi or Chennai or somewhere with high volume of electronics.... :oops: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom