Buying a 2TB Portable Hard Drive. Suggestions?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
As the title says, buying a 2TB Portable hard drive, external. WD is preferred. Which one to get? And from where would I get the best price, Flipkart, eBay or Amazon or local stores?
Reliability, quality and speed all that matters.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Get this one - WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External Hard Drive (Titanium) - Buy @ Rs.10887/- Online | Snapdeal.com

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks guys. Yes I am eyeing the Ultra too. But as I have a discount coupon I think I will get it from eBay. Getting a ~700 rupees discount from quoted price, the total price is coming at around 8.9k. But the problem is the drive won't come with an invoice, and some sellers claim that invoice is not needed to avail warranty? Is that even true?

sksundram

In the zone
That can't be true. Invoice is the proof of purchase and is permissible in a court of law in case something goes wrong and you want to bring the culprits to consumer forum. I strongly suggest NOT to buy without getting an invoice.

This is what WD states in its warranty policy.
The term of your limited warranty period shall commence on the purchase date appearing on your purchase receipt from an authorized distributor or authorized reseller and extends only for the period of time set forth in the Product documentation.

Proof of purchase shall be required to be eligible for this warranty and to establish the commencement date of this warranty.
Link: *support.wdc.com/mobile/mpolicy.asp

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Damn I was just going to order one! Just thought of checking this topic beforehand, glad I did!
Bunch of liars everywhere!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
why do you want to even buy a new product without invoice? such products may be refurbished ones or stolen or something else .

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You will need to have an invoice for more than one reasons. It easily settles any disputes if it comes up during RMA process.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I do not want to buy anything without an invoice, but those sellers said there's no need of an invoice to avail warranty, that got me interested, along with 1000 rupees savings.
Anyway, I'm buying the Ultra, with the invoice.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I do not want to buy anything without an invoice, but those sellers said there's no need of an invoice to avail warranty, that got me interested, along with 1000 rupees savings.
Anyway, I'm buying the Ultra, with the invoice.

this is where most will be cheated.

Top Bottom