Buyer's Beware: Cheater in Digit Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
@ venkat_chitra
You told us specifically that when you opened the courier the DD was missing.Am i right ?
However Mr.adit jain Claims that you asked him to cancel the DD and instead send the cash.This is different story.
Is this Right ?
Because if you asked him to cancel the DD and send the cash via courier i'm 100% sure the courier guys took it besides its pretty illegal to send Cash via courier.
I think this case proceeds further only after venkat_chitra clarifies Mr. Adit Jain Statement.

@ Adit Jain.Thanks for answering my mail and replying back here.

Kniwor

Learner
@adit_3250
Do not post your personal information online. I've removed the details.

I wonder why venkat and adit haven't talked over the phone in all this time. Why did he not call adit (he claims he did), and if he did, why was the call not taken.

utsav

damn busy...
Money via courier? Damn man. Height of foolishness whoever's idea it was. These days money can be sent online in few seconds online then y the hassle of courier was taken?
This issue is getting strange now. :?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
This is an interesting development. It seems at least one of the two principal parties involved is not completely truthful. Which one is it?

Both of them have made few posts so far, although venkat_chitra registered way back in 2005 and adit_3250 joined last December.

One thing I've noticed is that, out of the 11 previous posts by adit_3250, six were offers to sell new computer parts to other members. No law against that, but it makes one wonder.

adit_3250

Right off the assembly line
I m really shellshocked and moreova confused after reading Mr. Venkata's post...:x...
dint even know that this discussion has been going on for a few days.....
Thnx mod..

Mr. NagpurDaMunda and damngoodman999,,,,i sent the package because we had a long chats for a few weeks regarding the pod...

isnt it on my part that i am selling goods,,,so cant be fake....??
and regarding the selling part...you can see that i asked members from delhi only to buy it and hv also asked for cash on delivery...i bought the graphic card after a deep survey from yantra online...the guy was very good,,,had knowledge and was olso helpful..so,,thought of selling some goods from his shop to you guys at the best of price....you can even chk out the site...
www.yantraonline.in

and i have been picking up his calls on all days exept when Mr. Venkat called on holi( a festival in north India)...or when i was on roaming in gurgaon...

man,,,whats this going on here...and it wasnt my idea to send it this way...it was Mr. Venkat who requested it...
??????

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Money via courier? Damn man. Height of foolishness whoever's idea it was.
Once I sent a parcel to a family member in Coimbatore by Overnite Express, one of the more expensive couriers. After a long delay, I did some checking and concluded that the parcel got "lost" after it arrived in Coimbatore.

The courier agent there kept making up transparent lies, so I called the DIG in Chennai whom I happened to know although my state is very distant from Tamil Nadu. He sent some policemen and the agent got scared. I agreed not to have him arrested after he paid the value of the contents of the parcel to my relative.

We were lucky that things turned out as they did, but my relative still lost personal things that could not be replaced with their cash value.

I also sent a detailed complaint to the courier company's Hqrs and they promised to keep me informed, but they never did. This is India.

These days money can be sent online in few seconds online then y the hassle of courier was taken?
To be fair, not everyone has an online banking account or is familiar with the procedure.

This issue is getting strange now. :?
You can say that again.

utsav

damn busy...
To be fair, not everyone has an online banking account or is familiar with the procedure.

Cash can be deposited by hand to the seller's bank account also which also gets credited to the account in 5 minutes and even a kid can deposit cash.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I don't want to turn this into an argument, but you'd be surprised at how many adults - let alone a kid - don't know how to deposit money, encash a cheque, have a DD made, etc. I know because I've dealt with many people in eBay and forums who don't have the faintest idea about these things.

As an example: Once I bought an item through eBay from someone in Chennai. It took 38 emails - 17 from his side and 21 from my side (yes, I kept a record) - before we could finally settle on the mode of payment. Half-way through this, I wanted to cancel the deal but he wouldn't agree. Judging from his mails, this guy seemed to be a decent educated young man in his late teens.

And then there are those who have to be guided step by step on how to courier a letter or a parcel.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
I don't want to turn this into an argument, but you'd be surprised at how many adults - let alone a kid - don't know how to deposit money, encash a cheque, have a DD made, etc.

Thats not any excuse. Foolishness is foolishness whether it is done by a literate person or illiterate person. Banks have help and assistance counters where people may seek help on how to fill cash deposit form.

Stuge

Youngling
OMG! so who is the culprit then ?
and where is the money lost ?? search search .

really confusing now
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
OMG! so who is the culprit then ?
and where is the money lost ?? search search .

really confusing now .

Last edited:
OP
venkat_chitra

venkat_chitra

SE Freak!
To all person's who are watching this thread:
I SWEAR THAT I NEVER TOLD ADIT JAIN TO SEND CASH THROUGH COURIER AND I KNOW IT'S FORBIDDEN. I'VE TOLD HIM TO SEND THE MONEY THROUGH INDIAN MONEY ORDER.

I swear on my mother that I never received any amount from Adit Jain., not even a single penny. I'm telephoning him everyday but he does not responding. (He does not took my call).
Moreover, as per the forum member's advice, I went to lodge a police complaint. But they first told me to go the bank and verify the demand draft. So, I took a printout of the demand draft which was uploaded in flickr and went to the bank today. They are telling me that no such demand draft is made and they are telling it may be a fake one since there is no such branch (Paschim Vihar) for them. So, they are telling that the demand draft is fake. Mr. Adit is clever and he deleted the demand draft picture on flickr. I checked it now and found that he deleted the picture.
Please believe me people, I'm cheated. Help me to get back my money or my product.
I'm uploading the picture again. Please check it, Here's the address:
*www.flickr.com/photos/35079908@N03/3378719434/

I've also uploaded what I got from Mr. Adit's courier and you can watch it too here:
*www.flickr.com/photos/35079908@N03/3345594693/
*www.flickr.com/photos/35079908@N03/3345594689/
*www.flickr.com/photos/35079908@N03/3345594685/
*www.flickr.com/photos/35079908@N03/3345594681/

My only question is: If he's a good man, made payment as he told then why shouldn't he pick up the call and respond me?

OP
venkat_chitra

venkat_chitra

SE Freak!
Clarification 1: After I received the courier from Mr. Adit, (the empty sheet) I was worried and called him. He claims the he sent the demand draft. So, I asked him to cancel the demand draft and send the money through Indian Money Order. I also told him to not cheat me. He told me that he will not cheat me and he will go to the bank next day (since
that day was holi)and cancel the d.d and send my money. He even told me to talk me with
father but he never gave his father's telephone number till now. This incident can prove
that he's a cheater.

Clarification 2: After Mr. Adit posted the demand draft's picture on flickr, I saw it and
saved a copy into my computer for reference. In the meantime, he was so clever that he
deleted the picture but with the saved copy, I uploaded it today. If any person want, they
can check the central bank of india webiste to verify that there is a branch in Paschim Vihar.

Clarification 3: The bank official told me that the six digit alpha code is printed as
"TTNAGA" in the demand draft. That alpha code belongs to Bhopal Branch whereas Mr. Adit
claims that he took the demand draft on Paschim Vihar. He may even refuse that I'm posting a fake d.d. and this is not the d.d that he was took. This will clearly prove that he's a cheater.

Clarification 4: I called him today too about 10 times. But he never took the call. Only the full ring goes on and there is no reply from the other end.

I once again swear that I never received any payment from Mr. Adit.
Please help me people. I am innocent and I've lost my money (I've lost my product).
Please help.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Dont worry dude..Since you have his address and personal details, there is nothing to worry about. I guess a police complaint should do the trick ;)

hi.. venkat.. the dd is a total fake.. see those nos. on the left extreme of the dd.. it shows the denomination on upto which it is payable.. you are total ignorant about the fact.. moreover the dd is punched at the 4 mark.. (and it has been also altered)

so you can definetely file a fraud case ipc sec.420 against the person.. you do have teh phone no and address as well.. so proceed with the action..

Last edited:
OP
venkat_chitra

venkat_chitra

SE Freak!
@solomon & @pat: Thanks a lot for your reply.
As I said in my previous post, in the police station, they first asked me to verify about the demand draft. After that only I can lodge a complaint. Now the demand draft is fake and will they take my complaint?
Please reply.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ I was about to say the same. I got myself a DD today for Rs.750 and it was punched at 1, so I became a little confused.

Oh, and TT Nagar is definitely a locality in Bhopal. The DD image looks edited to me.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3378719434_6dbce47e35.jpg?v=0

Banks usually emply a dot-matrix printer to print DDs and it hardly prints as clearly as shown in this picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom