buy which ps3 or xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for the ps3 cause its going to be out for a very long time. Many say the next ps4 will be out only after 4 or 5 yrs.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
take a look at this

*www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

btw 360 launch titles looked even more crappy then the ps3 launch titles , so waiting for 1 yr to see the real ps3 capability will be wise.

K

krazyfrog

In the graphics comparison test between PS3 and 360 done by Gamespot, the ps3 games screenshots look brighter than that of 360. Also in one of the screen shots of Carbon, the street in 360 looks purple compared to natural black/blue in ps3. But the reflected image in the mirror in the car in 360 is brighter as compared to that in ps3. Also in madden (the rugby game), the numbers on the players t-shirts look different on both consoles. On 360 they look plain white while in ps3 they have a more natural texture. Also in Call Of Duty the graphics in 360 look sharp compared to the smooth (almost dreamy) graphics in the ps3. These are the only differences i found. But apart from these, there is hardly any difference between them. They almost look the same.

You know I can't tell you which is the best next-gen game console -- that's all about the games. But in terms of high-definition picture and sound quality, ease-of-use and price, both the ps3 and the xbox360 with add-on deliver a product that rivals any next-gen player on the market today, regardless of format. That doesn't mean both aren't without their drawbacks. I have always been satisfied with ps titles so I would go for the ps3 for its games such as Resistance Fall of Man, Killzone, MotorStorm, etc. which are exclusively ps3 titles.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
EA only using 20% of PS3 Power

Recently Glenn Entis, Vice President and Chief Visual Officer at Electronic Arts discussed his feelings about the PlayStation 3 console.

When asked, how do the PS3 and Xbox 360 match up? Glenn responded:

"The whole industry knows it's been a challenge; the PS3's a very complex piece of equipment. On one hand it's a challenge, on the other hand there's tremendous potential in that box. I think it's going to take developers a little while to figure out how to unlock that power.

We've got games coming out now where we feel we've hit maybe 20 per cent of the potential of PlayStation 3. We know the power's there, but like any new platform it's going to take us a little bit of time to unleash it.

Was it more complex than we were expecting? Yes, probably; there were some challenges that we didn't expect. We've got tremendous confidence long-term that it's going to be a phenomenal games machine."

So to find that EA has only tapped into 20% of the PS3's power, you look at games like Fight Night Round 3 with amazing graphics and realistic facial animations, it makes you wonder what the PS3 will have in store for us in the future. Like Glenn said,"...We know the power's there, but like any new platform it's going to take us a little bit of time to unleash it."

If i have the Money, i'll be going for PS3.

PS3 is like a V10 powered car, while XBoX360 is a V6 :D
Source: www.nfsunlimited.net

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
s18000rpm said:
If i have the Money, i'll be going for PS3.

PS3 is like a V10 powered car, while XBoX360 is a V6 :D

That's too early to say, but i can tell u that hardware comparision shows that the 360 is able of handling better textures as compared to ps3 .

This IGN article shows the +'s and -'s of both the consoles.
*xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

I had read a better article than this one which had really in depth hardware comparison of the both consoles. The article came after the PS3 launch, but damn i cant find it again even googling didn't help :p.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
honestly guys its not only abt the consoles cost which around 25k and 30k the games too are very costly so b4 making a decision u hav to take this into consideration also as my fren has realised after buying the xbox 360

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
tarey_g said:
This IGN article shows the +'s and -'s of both the consoles.
*xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
^^that article was published on May 20, 2005, didnt(or did) Sony delay the launch of PS3 for last minute Hardware upgrades... :confused:

K

krazyfrog

PS3 has much more powerful hardware compared to 360. The reason why 360's games look better than those of PS3 is because 360's games make full use of its hardware while PS3's games only use a fraction of its power. Developers have realised how to make full use of 360's hardware while they're still learning it with PS3. Once they unlock the full potential of PS3 (which won't take long), PS3 would be a force to be reckoned with.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ sirf japani wii kharid rahe hain .... u'll be playing like a mad man..... swinging ur hand to hit man any1 will get tired .... i think wii is the best way to train boxers or golfers

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
s18000rpm said:
^^that article was published on May 20, 2005, didnt(or did) Sony delay the launch of PS3 for last minute Hardware upgrades... :confused:

Ya that article is old, but that doesnt make any difference ,at least it doesnt add any plus point for ps3.

And last minute hardware upgrades? where did u hear that or u just made that up , coz i can see by ur (and mr. Krazyfrog's) posts u r a big ps3 fan.

Actually PS3 has degraded compared to what they were saying all the time back 6 months ago.The 8th SPE of PS3 cell was disabled to increase production yields and one of the remaining 7 of the cell is used to run the PS3 OS, so its just 6 now powering the games against the 8 they publicized.
Sony didn't delay the launch to "Upgrade" the console it was delayed due to low production yields of the blue ray diode and the cell processor.
Seriously man from what site u r reading game news? Switch to another one ;)

So dont be confused , just put the PS3 goggle away so u can see things the clear way.

Ps3 is good but let it prove itself , just a matter of time we will know the truth.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
well, i was not aware/sure about the delay, thats why i added "didn't (or did)" in my post.

Thanks for the Clarification.

btw Microsoft has started the developement of XBoX720, right :confused: i'm still confused.

as most of the people mentioned, only TIME will tell whether PS3 would win the battle or not.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mAV3 said:
^^ sirf japani wii kharid rahe hain .... u'll be playing like a mad man..... swinging ur hand to hit man any1 will get tired .... i think wii is the best way to train boxers or golfers

Mere bhai , sirf Japani nahi khareed rahe , baaki ki dunia bhi le rahi hai , Us me sales record break kar diye wii ne.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
See this XBoX360 Vs. PS3 Graphics Comparo

testing using the NFS Carbon game
Both systems have fairly similar graphics in Need for Speed Carbon, but the Xbox 360 has better lighting while the PS3 has sharper textures. The 360 has better high dynamic range lighting in the Camaro image. We're not sure if the PS3 version blurs the background tree leaves on purpose, but it's another noticeable difference. The lighting in the street shot appears more realistic on the 360, but the building textures are sharper on the PS3. We also seem to be missing some lighting and a few landmarks in the rearview mirror of the PS3 version.
Check out the pics in that comparo & pls. clear my doubt=>
"is it PS3's problem or the Game Code problem. :confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hmmm...Seems like the 360 version has heavy HDR usage in comparsion to the PS3 version.Though the PS3 screenshots seem more realistic & like they said,looked much more sharper.If you closely view the 3rd screenshot,the PS3 version seems to have a great amount of car geometry detail.It's easily evident by the shine it sports.

Can't say the same for COD3.The 360 screenshot looked a bit better.Whereas the PS3 seemed a bit dull on the environment front.But then again these all are just screenshots.It's better if we could compare it head to head like the folks at Tech2 did.

i downloaded a comparison video from www.gametrailers.com of call o duty 3 on all the next gen consoles
it looks worse than pc call o duty 2 on wii but i lov their controller
ps3 and xbox 360 ther aint much difference.

i just see trailers and gameplay videos cant tuch either consoles for the next 2 years
ps4 is releasin before 2010 accordin to a sony official
heres the link for the compasrison video
*download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_callofduty3_comparison_gt_h264.wmv
(copy link to address bar then they will show main page of the site then u paste the address again and u can download)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Xbox 360 has 256 GB/s bandwidth reserved just for the frame buffer. This allows the Xbox 360 GPU to do Z testing, HDR, and alpha blended color rendering with 4X MSAA at full rate and still have the entire main bus bandwidth of 22.4 GB/s left over for textures and vertices.
So games don't experience performance hit when they are using these features on xbox360 . whereas in PS3 its the same case as the pc.

prakhar18

Broken In
I bought PS 3 today

hey guys i bought PS 3 today:) ...actually Mom and Dad got it from USA...for Rs 28000 ,,its 60 Gb version....original hai...

amazing graphics...i can also play PS 1 and PS 2 games on it.....also it uses Blu ray disc.which is a future technology....

I will suggest go for PS 3 if u have money in the bank..:p ...

Xbox doest have good games....PS 2 game were much better and that can b played on PS 3 also..

I am enjoyin it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom