buy which ps3 or xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnake

Broken In
sameer187 said:
metal gear solid, gran turismo, what else?.....many of the PS exclusives are now making their way to the 360 as well....all the delays in game releases are making the developers a little nervous....so rather than putting all their eggs in one basket, their porting the titles to the 360 as well

imo, MGS is the PS3's only decent exclusive....GT is good, but Xbox 360 has Forza 2, which is nearly as good

peace

Which are those PS exclusives making their way to 360 apart from GTA (which was on XB anyway)?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
sameer187 said:
metal gear solid, gran turismo, what else?.....many of the PS exclusives are now making their way to the 360 as well....all the delays in game releases are making the developers a little nervous....so rather than putting all their eggs in one basket, their porting the titles to the 360 as well

imo, MGS is the PS3's only decent exclusive....GT is good, but Xbox 360 has Forza 2, which is nearly as good
peace

The biggest reason publishers are going multiplatform is only because the cost of making games has gone too high and they are not able to make money releasing the games for one single platform , still the consoles have exclusives most of them are the first party titles like halo/GOW/froza for xbox and Killzone/mgs/f1 for PS3. Reports from initial launch titles is that ps3 games lok like crap on a standard def tv but look really really good on a hi def tv , on the other hand the 360 game dont look horribly bad on standard def tv as ps3 games(launch titles) do, although obviously even 360 games look better on hidef tv's.

K

krazyfrog

Saw PS3 in mumbai (alfa). 20 gb 42.5k and 60gb 57k:shock:
Actually i'm a big sony fan and i'd really want to suggest you the ps3. But considering all things it'd be better for you to buy Xbox 360. :-(

SolidSnake

Broken In
sameer187 said:
Assassin's Creed, Fatal Inertia and BladeStorm

peace

Assasin's Creed is a new Franchise so it doesn matter that much and no one really cares about Fatal Inertia and Bladestorm. This gen again the exclusives will decide the winner and Sony has plenty of them and not to forget Playstation name.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
although i am not a big fan of FI racing ,but the game looks simply awesome the spray of water made by the car leading you and the visual behaviour of water on the windshield is awesome. Overall the game looks great.

Chk out some videos here. *www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/f1/media.html

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
This Official Trailer is awesome.

"Formula One 06 Official Trailer 1",

Watch the two crashes which take place. simply :shock: amazing Grahipcs & sound.
you guys will find it in the link TareyG posted.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
krazyfrog said:
Saw PS3 in mumbai (alfa). 20 gb 42.5k and 60gb 57k:shock:
Actually i'm a big sony fan and i'd really want to suggest you the ps3. But considering all things it'd be better for you to buy Xbox 360. :-(
Woah!They got it already.:eek: I was about to make a stop at Alfa the other day when I went to my friend's place but being too tired I backed out.The price seems extremely high.What about the games? Did you spot any notable launch titles or their price for that matter? Btw The official Xbox 360 Premium version from Planet M costs Rs.27,400 & each game is priced around Rs.2,510.I couldn't find Gears Of War & COD 3 albeit their presence on the broucher but when inquired the guy said that it would be here in a week or two.When queried about it's price remaining static or not,He replied that "It could be anywhere between Rs.2,500 to Rs.3,999 Sir" WTF!!! :mad:

K

krazyfrog

allwyndlima said:
What about the games? Did you spot any notable launch titles or their price for that matter?
Actually i went there to get games for my PS2. Frankly speaking.... when i saw the PS3 there..... i was so busy drooling..... i even forgot about my ps2 games..... leave alone enquire about the PS3 games:D
Sorry dude, but i'll enquire about it the next time i go there.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^LOL! No sh*t dude.I would have done the same thing but after hearing the price I wish there were people who would take me to the nearest hospital.;)

selfteachingnoob

Right off the assembly line
Personally I had a 360 but sold it because I didn't like many of the games out at the time.Having said that I'm probably going to rent one for a month or so when Halo 3 finally comes out and I'd guess most of you guys are in the same mindframe.Lets face it,Halo made the Xbox what it is today.

Xbox has pretty snazzy media centre and it's very nice to stream videos from your pc hard drive onto you're tv(assuming you don't have a hdtv yet).With a hdtv the graphics are pretty awesome but again the problem is most of the games available are also on the PS2 etc, so you know they're not really taking advantage of its full capabilities.

Another downside is the Xbox live service.Most see it as a great service but i think it's a bit too corporate for my liking and the hard drive seems to be keyed to your machine because my friend's purchased arcade games wouldn't run on my 360 with his hd installed.

I havn't heard much good about the PS3 but I will give sony the benefit of the doubt.What I will say is if you're going for a PS3 wait at least 6 months after they are available where you are.Anyone remember the early release PS2's?

Thats right,who could forget!

Oh just a little side fact,saw Vista Beta media centre today and it's been lifted straight off the 360 with a few extra tweaks so for once microsoft are sticking with a good thing(as regards the media centre,don't ask me about Vista until the final release is out!!!)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
tarey_g said:
Buy a 360 , PS3 is just out and u will hardly get hands on one for the MSRP . 360 has been around for a year and is pretty solid nexgen console and the best thing is its available in India officially so u will get proper support for it.
I hope u pass out tomorrow

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys just 2 days ago i happened to see ps3 on CNBC TV18 on their TECH2 show.It defeats 360 at all h/w front no doubt about that,includind gpu,grafix processor,Hdd ,etc.Its whopping 7 kg while 360 is just 3.5kg.But that was it all about ,HARDWARE.
But if u bring games in comparison ,let me tell u sincerely that 360 is gonna lead the console battle of 7th gen till almost 6months-1 year period.Theres not a single title on ps3 whichis r so exciting.Only 1 game managed to please the game reviewers -RESISTANCE (FOA).Also the remaining titles which r about to be launched for ps3 r simultaneously being launched on 360 exception r not too many.360 has got some decent games like GOW,DOA4,DEAd rising,etc.The sales of 360 gonna increase even more after release of most awaited HALO 3,Lost planet,etc.
And finally the PRICE-360 high end version is for27k correct me guys if i am wrong (unmodded).While the the lowend ps3 with 20gb hdd will cost minimum 3035k hanks to our customs.The highend 60 gb hdd version would be at around 40k.The ppl on CNBC got it for 60k!!.
So my opinion buy 360 now enjoy till one year,after whch if sony gets some GR8 games for ps3 then go for it. If not stick to 360.Moreover ICICI is offering loans ffor buying 360.LOL.
I hope that was enuff,correct me if i m wrong wherever guys,ur suggestions r always welcome.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Loans for buying a console lol. ya the consoles are damn costly in India. We pay same amt of money for 360 as the us ppl pay for PS3 and if u consider the buying power of Indians then 600$ is way too much .

btw , if the tech2 ppl told that ps is 7 kg as compared to the 3.5kg 360 then they are absolutely wrong. Ps3 has the power brick inside the console body whereas xbox 360 has it seperately . adding the weight of both its similar, 360+power brick=around 6kg.

K

krazyfrog

^^
Yeah and then they should also provide loans for the games.:D

3.5k for one PS3 games would give most Indians heart-attack. That is if they survived after hearing the price of the console.:D

Sony claims that its PS3 is 35 times more powerful than PS2. Well i don't know about that but i sure know that i can buy around 8 PS2 at the price of one PS3 (60 gb):shock:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mandar5 said:
But if u bring games in comparison ,let me tell u sincerely that 360 is gonna lead the console battle of 7th gen till almost 6months-1 year period.Theres not a single title on ps3 whichis r so exciting.Only 1 game managed to please the game reviewers -RESISTANCE (FOA).Also the remaining titles which r about to be launched for ps3 r simultaneously being launched on 360 exception r not too many.360 has got some decent games like GOW,DOA4,DEAd rising,etc.The sales of 360 gonna increase even more after release of most awaited HALO 3,Lost planet,etc.
Allow me to post my end of the opinion.Xbox 360 had to wait a whole year to get a 'Stellar' title like Gears Of War.The rest which made the launch line up for the 360 were already out on the PC,if you remember correctly.Games like COD2,Quake 4,Need For Speed Most Wanted,Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion & Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter were out on the PC as well.Only Kameo:EOP,DOA 4,Saint's Row,Dead Rising,PGR3 & PD0 made a exclusive mark.Most of these titles did well the rest went into neverland.This was the first crop of 360's titles which,as such,didn't create big waves of next generation.That was until Gears of War came out & change the whole phase.

Sony atleast gave Resistance:Fall of Man on day one of its launch.A title which atleast stands on better ground than 360's launch line up.Give the console a bit more time to show off it's power.February will see the release of MotorStorm which I suppose will be a total knockout.Also Expect games like MGS4,KillZone 2,Killing Day,Grand Turismo HD & Final Fantasy XIII to come out and them comment on the PS3's games.It takes time for every console to get some stellar games out.Not everyday is a great game producing day.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom