Businesses Consider Skipping Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
I think as chandru said,we dont want to see "technological marvel" ":D" like vi$ta,which finishes swap and every available memory,but still sluggish .I think vi$ta is a conspiracy of M$ and hardware vendors to improve their sales,but miserably failed due to vi$ta flopped :D
chandru.in said:
Please ask Dell, HP, Lenovo and Sony to give a choice of OS when buying Laptop then tell me about sales figures. Also, ask BSA in India to raid homes for pirated software. The second one may not be directly related to sales of Vista but if people are forced to buy legal copies they would choose low cost of Linux and that would allow workplaces to buy and use non-Windows OS. If everyone knows only Windows then offices have to buy it too.
Very true.it is M$ who forces h/w vendors to bundle vi$ta.but Linux is preferred already by many SOHO's and all.not to say that corporations too.
but the problem ,I think is ,we need to pay "Vi$ta tax " or "windows/microsoft tax" with desktop/laptops that vendors selling ubuntu like dell dont want to reduce the $$ for vi$ta license. :|

Slowly but steadily-it is the end of M$ OS monopoly which is coming down.I am grateful to Vi$ta for the same :lol:
and imav:what is your problem?axxo said the truth.why you are trying to cover the problems of vi$ta? it is already a white-washed tomb(i$ta) .

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
and imav:what is your problem?axxo said the truth
My problem is that, axxo's experience with a particular OS does not mean that it is the same experience faced by others. I like Vista infact I love Vista, I have recommended Vista based laptops to many, in my own family I have bought 3 notebooks having Vista, everyone loves it, my cousin who is in the US, owns* a lot of DRM content which he downloaded, he loves it on Vista, the whole thing works flawlessly as compared to other OSs that are incapable of playing DRMed content ;)

*(which means he has paid for it and he does not support piracy, as compared to some members here who openly say that they suppot piracy)

axxo

99.9% Idle
Just like your experience has been bad and you criticize it, my experience has been good and I appreciate it ;)

Oh btw did God or (Canonical) ask you to bad mouth Vista in front of others? :rolleyes:

I cant explain people who run notepad or paint on so called vista. hmm...i have missed out the scnshot of how vista plays with swap memory(pagefile.sys) which would have better explained the fact.(got to install that atleast once more to post it her)

btw did God or (Canonical) ask you to praise Vista in front of others? :rolleyes:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
chandru, if u use ubuntu cos it uses your hardware's potential better then Intirm, then we also use vista cos it harnesses the power of our hardware better then Ubuntu. atleast i can play motocross madness inside a VM with GPU Virtulisation but U cant on ubuntu cos linux doesn't support GPU virtulisation. (example)

chandru.in

In the zone
@iMav

It may mean for others too. My friend who develops s/w as freelancer faced a big problem with Vista's performance. He is a Java developer. It is his machine where I had first hand experience of Vista's bloat.

He has a core 2 duo laptop with 2 GB of RAM. Vista home premium slowed down to a crawl the moment he opened Eclipse and Glassfish at a time. Then I had to convince him a lot (due to laptop warranty concerns) to try Ubuntu 7.10. Since then he did not look back. He runs Ubuntu 8.04 now and is very happy.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@chandru.in:

If he is happy good for him. Why are you trying to crap all threads with one experience of yours, I have hundreds such examples where people are dumb enough not knowing how to properly use the OS features. Gx's tut helped them (though they thank me for finding it for them) the point is that if there was no one with a bad time with Windows Unix would have been non existent and vice versa.

chandru.in

In the zone
@gx_saurav

Isn't 2 GB of RAM and a dual core CPU modern enough? Why on earth can't vista give decent performance on them (even without Aero ot Dreamscene)?

And don't tell me about backward compatibility of Vista the whole world knows how crappy it is.

people are dumb enough not knowing how to properly use the OS features.

Isn't Windows supposed to be that uber simple OS?? :confused:

Jokes apart where is that tut? I'd like to point other pre-loaded Vista sufferers among my friends to it. So that they can try out if they can't switch over to Linux.

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ Ohk so now you guys are following suite? Is it? :D
Never. Contrary to Closed(eyes) source MS , OSS never believe in monopolies. They believe in Openness and freedom.

Dude what do you mean by so you guys. I am not a blind FOSS fanboy. I don't follow open source with closed eyes like you follow MS (Blindly with closed eyes :D). There are certain things that are bad in Open source. Also there are certain good (although rare :D) things in windows :D

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
This might be off topic . But what is it with you people and Microsoft Motocross Madness ? I mean seriously is this some game I should be trying out? This thread is going down the drains with the other 1984322432 rant threads. Such a pity.

axxo

99.9% Idle
able to get this snap after search..just two aps in background vdub with a 4gb file opened and firefox with 3 tabs. The disk activity is insane that i couldnt proceed with my editing work. Now what makes MS surveyors:confused: defend that vista's mem management is superior??

*i27.tinypic.com/16863uu.jpg

I dont think thats just two apps running? can you post the full process list, if you have? Just asking out of curiosity, no offence, ok. :)

Also you tried doing the same in linux? what were the results?

praka123

left this forum longback
guess who is pwned? :lol:
dear @imav:you cannot go on every member or pledge every member NOT to post about how bad Vi$ta is!It flopped badly.now go on-start justifying window$ 7 -you gotta have a hell load of work defending it :lol:
@chandru.in:dont care for the filthy rich fanboy.you post the reality :) go man!

reality is,now people who are Micro$oft locked till choose winblows XP :) .the others obviously moves to Linux,but got attracted to MAC more for the eyecandy :D

shantanu

Technomancer
praka : i dont think vista is a flop in any case... the sales are going up and up day after day.. if ou talk about the problem, every working think has got a problem.. and without problem we do not exist... even life is the name of facing problems.. but showing False face is never good..

i do not talk as a M$ guy here.. i talk as a normal person using my first computer... i can use windows anytime but not linux... Vista has got benefits , a lot of em... and yeah it is a bit heavy.. but why you guy dont criticize MAC it runs on its own hardware ! its that monopoly ??? no its not its just a rule set by a community... So why Microsoft ?

XP was very bad before SP2 ... but now its a fav... why ? vista is in SP1 and it is too fast for me.. i get same FPS as in XP many times better too.. i guess heaviest app is like games or VS or ACD... ? we arent teeling you to run a supercomputer here ?

praka123

left this forum longback
I think @shantanu you got it wrong.vi$ta may be doing nice in M$ labs ,but in reality -it is a flop man!.
MAC -ofcourse it is! but compared to M$ monopoly,macs are just not worth counting :D

shantanu

Technomancer
axxo : try running 10 more applications and wait for them to load... and the work on them... ! just do that and you will get the answer...

well i think this is a waste of time but half knowledge is very dangerous.. ! so learn full ..

Q> R u using SP1 ? R u using Original ?

Explanation :

As is said try running 10 more applications.. the usage indicator shows you the hyper vent not the common PUI port..
now when you run a application say autocad, it goes directly to cache and asks for RAM, vista loads the app with rquired ram, say 100 MB, now you run FF you take 20mb and 3 mv per tab..

boss, its the applications that demand not the OS.. then if you have 1 gb ram, os keeps ( VISTA) onyl 128 mb free for itself in the cache.. and rest for the system.. so if you have a AV and that demands 100 MB vista gives it that... and with every application installed the agents for them share memory... and use it... but every application will run smoothly after loading fully..
but as in XP applications hang and stop responding in between.. because there was no memory management..

i hope you dont know that vista has over 1000 common ports and Linux has only 100... XP had 225,,,
dont aks me what common ports are...

Praka : on what stats are you speaking.. are you talkig of only you or 10 people in your neighbour hood.. or what exact stat.. if i say Bush was elected president by cheating.. and ALgore should have been the guy.. that does not change the fact that Bush is the president..
:D

well : just give me the stats.. ? what exactly is FLOP in your meaning.. ?

and please : i aint arguing.. its discussion... on the best respect level for you and others :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom