Burnt DIMM Slot or nearby components, advice needed.

koolent

Youngling
I know I did wrong applying water on the motherboard and the causes could have been worse but the unfortunate truth is that I ended up burning one of my PC's RAM Slot.

The thing is that it is either the Slot or the components near the slot which complete its circuit are burnt.

So, can it be repaired at any local computer shop as I plan on getting a new 2GB module until I purchase a new config.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
LOL, well. I actually I didn't submerge it, I cleaned it with a little damp cloth and that was all right but I usually keep the motherboard under hot air blower over a metal sheet for around 45 mins which I didn't do this time. So, in all I screw*d up. :p

Anyone wants to say something ? :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Aawwww koolent lost his kool :D

buddy nothing can be done as the motherboard is burnt. even if your motherboard is working (i doubt) I would not recommend you to use it as it may damage other components.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Well, look I am sorry, it was actually frustration that drove me to say all that. A sincere 'sorry' to all now.

Well, after taliking to some guys, I think it is just some bad components and nothing else. So, Basically some soldering will do. The DIMM Slot ciruitry has gone and the whole motherboard is safe and I have been using it for past 1 month with Crysis Warhead on Enthusiast mode (Crysis 2 downloading).

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@koolent: cool down. regarding your query have you tried taking it to the service centre?

root.king

geek in action
LOL, well. I actually I didn't submerge it, I cleaned it with a little damp cloth and that was all right but I usually keep the motherboard under hot air blower over a metal sheet for around 45 mins which I didn't do this time. So, in all I screw*d up. :p

^^ This is 1st i heard, LOL
why you guys make such mistakes, with mobo
just use blower or even dry paint brush will do the work, if u want to remove dust, and again
DON'T USE THAT DAMN HOT AIR BLOWER THAT WILL ALSO MELT THE SLOTS.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@koolent: cool down. regarding your query have you tried taking it to the service centre?

he is using a branded pc ( so it's must be OOW by now ) .. so if his mobo is not working I think it's good for him to get a new mobo at ~3k.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
I think so, for my birthday I think I must cancel the Cooler Master 212+ EVO and get a new Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P from techshop.in .

So it will be --> NZXT Source 210 Elite + GA-G41MT-S2P = ~5k :) ..

What say ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think so, for my birthday I think I must cancel the Cooler Master 212+ EVO and get a new Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P from techshop.in .

So it will be --> NZXT Source 210 Elite + GA-G41MT-S2P = ~5k :) ..

What say ?

nice choice .. ;-)

Top Bottom